- UH Hilo’s Ag Club revitalizes with new officers
Ag Club members engage in activities that enhance their academic experience at UH Hilo, primarily through service to the university and community at large.
- Crop of the Month: Anthurium
The anthurium is a native of Colombia first brought to Hawai‘i from London in 1889. It is highly sought for its vibrant colors and its ability to maintain its flowers for an extended period throughout the year.
- Pest of the month: Yellow Himalayan Raspberry
Domesticated animal injuries and the widespread suffocation of native plants throughout the Hawaiian islands is often the result if the Yellow Himalayan Raspberry is left unchecked.
- PHOTOS: UH Hilo Farm and on-campus labs
Featuring faculty and students of the UH Hilo College of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resource Management and their hands-on activities.
- Agricultural engineer Marcel Tsang retires
Prof. Tsang’s passion of hands-on education has permeated through UH Hilo curricula with a lasting effect on agricultural development in Hawai‘i.