Preparaing for the National Board for Professional Teaching - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Preparaing for the National Board for Professional Teaching
Location: UCB, Room 111
Mon-Fri, June 23-27
Teachers will learn, plan and prepare for the national board professional teaching certification through study and planning. “National Board Certified Teachers have demonstrated the professional knowledge, skills and practices required of an outstanding educator. NBPTS.” Teachers will examine and reflect on their teaching practices as they plan to demonstrate how they advance student learning with excellence.
Teachers will prepare for the rigorous certification process with the support of Charlene Miyashiro, a retired educator and National Board Certified Teacher since 2000. Charlene's extensive work experience in the Hawaii's D.O.E. spans over 34 years at the school, resource and district levels. She has also served as a board member of Hawaii Teacher Standards Board for 6 years. Workshop participants will find her knowledge, experience and natural teaching skills invaluable as they prepare for the National Board Certification process.
*National Board Certification is a rigorous, peer-reviewed teaching credential recognized nationwide. Teachers with National Board Certification demonstrate excellence in their ability to design learning experiences that advance student learning, have a strong command of the content they teach, use assessments that inform instruction, and have proven partnerships with the school, parents and local community.
Benefits of National Board Certification:
Strengthens teaching practice
Demonstrates leadership skills
Allows teachers easier mobility to move from state to state
Many school systems offer economic incentives to NBC teachers
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $125
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-974-7664
What's also happening?
- Honoring Diversity Workshop
- "Honoring Diversity for a Caring and Inclusive Campus" April 1st. 2015 in Campus Center Rm 301 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM **Continental Breakfast Provided** This workshop promotes an understanding of diversity that creates cultural ...
- Positions Available for Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine
- We are currently looking for creative and hardworking UH Hilo students to fill the positions at Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine. ...
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study Hello University of Hawaii students, We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. ...
- Note Takers Needed--FALL 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.