Preparaing for the National Board for Professional Teaching - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Preparaing for the National Board for Professional Teaching
Location: UCB, Room 111
Mon-Fri, June 23-27
Teachers will learn, plan and prepare for the national board professional teaching certification through study and planning. “National Board Certified Teachers have demonstrated the professional knowledge, skills and practices required of an outstanding educator. NBPTS.” Teachers will examine and reflect on their teaching practices as they plan to demonstrate how they advance student learning with excellence.
Teachers will prepare for the rigorous certification process with the support of Charlene Miyashiro, a retired educator and National Board Certified Teacher since 2000. Charlene's extensive work experience in the Hawaii's D.O.E. spans over 34 years at the school, resource and district levels. She has also served as a board member of Hawaii Teacher Standards Board for 6 years. Workshop participants will find her knowledge, experience and natural teaching skills invaluable as they prepare for the National Board Certification process.
*National Board Certification is a rigorous, peer-reviewed teaching credential recognized nationwide. Teachers with National Board Certification demonstrate excellence in their ability to design learning experiences that advance student learning, have a strong command of the content they teach, use assessments that inform instruction, and have proven partnerships with the school, parents and local community.
Benefits of National Board Certification:
Strengthens teaching practice
Demonstrates leadership skills
Allows teachers easier mobility to move from state to state
Many school systems offer economic incentives to NBC teachers
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $125
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-974-7664
What's also happening?
|Week of June 22, 2014||Next →|
- Holiday Card Drive with SAC and CCS
- Aloha UH Hilo 'Ohana, The UH Hilo Student Activities Council (SAC) and the Campus and Community Service (CCS) program is asking for donations of unused holiday cards to send to our servicemen and servicewomen in December. ...
- Haumana Hou Lounge
- New Student Programs is happy to announce that the Haumana Hou Lounge is beginning and happening every Tuesday! Stop by the Hale Kehau Lounge every Tuesday starting October 20, 2015 for a relaxing place to study. ...
- Register now for Fall 2015 Commencement
- Eight weeks left to register for Fall 2015 Commencement! Register now to participate in graduation ceremonies! graduation.uhhcc.org/ 2015 Fall Commencement Saturday, December 19, 2015 UH Hilo Vulcan Gymnasium
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
- International Nights: You're Invited to Perform
- The UH Hilo International Student Association invites individuals and groups to perform at International Nights, scheduled for February 19 & 20, 2016. Submit the online application form at go.hawaii.edu/H7. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- Apply for a scholarship from APIASF (Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Foundation)! Eligibility criteria: Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. ...
- UH Hilo Bike Share Program
- The University Concierge by New Student Programs is proud to offer UH Hilo's new Bike Share Program! All current students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to borrow a bicycle to run errands around town. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- UH Hilo welcomes the newest service to support our university and community ‘ohana. Introducing The University Concierge. Located on the first floor of the Student Services Center, The University Concierge is a gateway for campus information. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Card
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignment, report, tests, and more. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.