How to Deliver Exceptional Customer Service Over the Phone - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
How to Deliver Exceptional Customer Service Over the Phone
Location: Kuakina Tower, 75-5722 Kuakini Hwy, Kailua-Kona
Every time the phone rings, your business is on the line. When customers call, how do your people come across? Are they friendly? Empathetic? In control? Willing to help — even if it means going out of their way? This informational course will give you tips and techniques to give your customers exceptional telephone customer service.
Learn specific telephone communication skills
A 5-step approach to gaining a caller’s confidence...taking control of the situation... and moving to constructive solutions
Words and phrases that can work wonders to repair damaged customer relations
How you yourself may be creating unhappy customers—identifying and ending 10 “trigger behaviors”
When it’s OK to defend, explain or justify— and when it’s not
4 listening skills to help you tune into your caller’s real needs
How to tame “tough customers” over the phone
Learn the skills and insights you need to read— and respond to—the kind of problem callers you’ll encounter most frequently...
Pit Bulls: Aggressive, tenacious—they love to control you and put you off balance.
Know-It-Alls: They delight in making you aware that they know more about your business and your products than you do.
Grumblers and “Nopes”: They’d rather gripe and complain than find solutions.
Powder Kegs: These people “go off” without warning and launch into tirades.
Friendly Time Bandits and Quiet Avengers: They rob you of precious time with small talk and endless questions.
Ways your company can shine in your callers’ eyes
How to use your guarantee to deflect unreasonable demands
5 “listening loops”—what they are and how they can cut down on the number of disgruntled callers
How to ensure immediate follow-up on problems and complaints
Ways to use complaining customers for your company’s quality control
Cutting the red tape that only irritates already hostile callers
“Every call counts, every caller matters”
With any call that comes your way, you must be able to step into one or more of the following roles with poise and confidence instantly:
You’re a host, making any caller feel comfortable and at home with your company.
You’re a teacher, patiently answering the same questions repeatedly and always showing concern and courtesy.
You’re a detective, hunting down information about products, services, prices and everything else people come calling for.
You’re a healer, dealing with callers’ emotions and frustrations, and prescribing remedies. That’s a lot to ask, a lot of pressure to deal with. This seminar will show you how to wear these hats and others with ease.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $150 (50% tuition assistance available through the Employment and Training Fund (ETF). Deadline to apply for assistance is July 3.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-974-7664
What's also happening?
- ‘Imiloa’s Holiday Craft Corner with Island Scrapbook
- Make a festive Shrinky Dink holiday gift tag using Sister Stamps rubber stamp images on Saturday, December 13 and 20 from 10:30am – 11:30am. This holiday craft project is free to members and part of admission to the ʻImiloa exhibit hall. ...
- Book Drive
- The East-West Center Club is doing a book drive on campus. Books collected will be donated to the World Book Bank, which sends the books to poor developing nations to help build libraries and reduce the illiteracy rates of adults and children. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- The APIASF General Scholarship is open to Asian American and Pacific Islander students who will be enrolling or are currently enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university as a degree-seeking undergraduate student in Fall 2015. ...
- International Nights 2015 Seeking Performers
- The UH Hilo International Student Association invites students to perform in International Nights 2015! The shows will be held on February 6 & 7, 2015 at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- UH Hilo Upward Bound Employment Opportunity
- TUTORS WANTED! ~College students who are proficient in Mathematics, English/Language Arts, Foreign Language, and/or Science~ Duties: • Drive to assigned local or rural high schools • Provide tutoring and write reports documenting ...
- College Goal 808
- College Goal 808 is designed to help students and their families navigate the student financial aid process. The event offers free assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaii System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.