Dealing with Difficult and Upset People - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Dealing with Difficult and Upset People
Location: CCECS, 891 Ululani St, Hilo
You can’t avoid or control an upset or difficult person, but you can control how you will react to them! In this workshop, Nancy Lombard will help you to differentiate between people who are difficult as a result of challenging situations and those who seem to be always problematic. You will learn ways to calm and center yourself and respond effectively when faced with a person who is upset or difficult. You will also learn and practice giving constructive feedback to and solving problems with someone who always seems to be upset or difficult.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $55 (50% tuition assistance available through the Employment and Training Fund (ETF). Deadline to apply for assistance is July 11.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-974-7664
What's also happening?
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaiʻi and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Applications
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2016-2017 academic year. ...
- Epic Origami at ʻImiloa
- ʻImiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- RISO Orientation and Funding Workshop
- Interested in reapplying as a Registered Independent Student Organization (R.I.S.O.) for the 2015-2016 school year... ...
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Applications
- UH Hilo students of Asian American and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity who are US citizens, nationals or permanent residents (or citizens of the FSM, Palau or the Marshall Islands) are eligible to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.