Aging with Grace: Improving Balance Level 1 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Aging with Grace: Improving Balance Level 1
Location: 891 Ululani St, Rm 116
Rheam Mansour, Doctorate of Physical Therapy, will lead this series focused on developing a short and simple, but effective home exercise program to help prevent falls. Rheam will provide education and training on proper technique with an emphasis on safety. This class is recommended for anyone who is able walk without assistance, follow simple 1-2 step verbal instructions and with medical clearance to participate in light level activity and exercise. Caregivers, family, health professionals, those working with the elderly or anyone interested in preparing for the aging process are also encouraged to attend.
It is recommended that you wear loose, comfortable clothing and sneakers. Please bring a yoga mat, a small towel for perspiration, and a bottle of water to each class.
Classes are May 28-June 21, Wed & Sat, 4:30-5:30pm.
Special Restrictions: Cost: $90 for 8 classes
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7664
What's also happening?
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa will begin on Tuesday, September 23rd and run thru Friday, September 26th. A week of practitioner demonstrations in the atrium will be free to the public and lead up to a Tahitian show “under the stars” in the ...
- Student Parking at the Hilo YMCA
- Limited free and paid parking is available at the Hilo YMCA on Lanikaula Street, across from the UH Hilo main campus. More information is at the YMCA office or call 935-3721.
- Sign up for the Women's Speed Mentoring Program!
- The Women's Speed Mentoring Program is an opportunity to connect with professional and successful women from organizations such as: AAUW-American Association of University Women, ZONTA and UH Hilo Women's Center, whom are working together this ...
- Kanilehua Positions Open!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's Student Art & Literary Magazine, published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available!
- Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- Native Hawaiian, Asian American & Pacific Islander students are invited to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the Spring 2015 semester. About 10 UH Hilo students will be awarded a $2,500 scholarship for the spring semester. ...
- 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil
- In support for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Violence Interagency Committee and Public Awareness Committee will be coordinating the 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil to remember those who lost their lives to domestic ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.