Aging with Grace: Improving Balance Level 1 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Aging with Grace: Improving Balance Level 1
Location: 891 Ululani St, Rm 116
Rheam Mansour, Doctorate of Physical Therapy, will lead this series focused on developing a short and simple, but effective home exercise program to help prevent falls. Rheam will provide education and training on proper technique with an emphasis on safety. This class is recommended for anyone who is able walk without assistance, follow simple 1-2 step verbal instructions and with medical clearance to participate in light level activity and exercise. Caregivers, family, health professionals, those working with the elderly or anyone interested in preparing for the aging process are also encouraged to attend.
It is recommended that you wear loose, comfortable clothing and sneakers. Please bring a yoga mat, a small towel for perspiration, and a bottle of water to each class.
Classes are May 28-June 21, Wed & Sat, 4:30-5:30pm.
Special Restrictions: Cost: $90 for 8 classes
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7664
What's also happening?
- Book Drive
- The East-West Center Club is doing a book drive on campus. Books collected will be donated to the World Book Bank, which sends the books to poor developing nations to help build libraries and reduce the illiteracy rates of adults and children. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- The APIASF General Scholarship is open to Asian American and Pacific Islander students who will be enrolling or are currently enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university as a degree-seeking undergraduate student in Fall 2015. ...
- International Nights 2015 Seeking Performers
- The UH Hilo International Student Association invites students to perform in International Nights 2015! The shows will be held on February 6 & 7, 2015 at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- UH Hilo Upward Bound Employment Opportunity
- TUTORS WANTED! ~College students who are proficient in Mathematics, English/Language Arts, Foreign Language, and/or Science~ Duties: • Drive to assigned local or rural high schools • Provide tutoring and write reports documenting ...
- College Goal 808
- College Goal 808 is designed to help students and their families navigate the student financial aid process. The event offers free assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaii System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.