Nantucket Nights: Astronomy Thirty Miles Out to Sea - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Nantucket Nights: Astronomy Thirty Miles Out to Sea
Nantucket, a small island located 30 miles off the coast of Cape Cod, has a rich history and a strong connection to astronomy. Come learn about Maria Mitchell, America's first woman astronomer, efforts to revive the lost language and astronomical heritage of the indigenous Wampanoag people, and the intriguing question of whether whales can see the stars.
Michael West is the Director of the Maria Mitchell Observatory, Nantucket, MA,
Former faculty member at UH Hilo, and Author of " Gentle Rain of Starlight: The Story of Astronomy on Mauna Kea".
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 9327187
What's also happening?
|Week of May 11, 2014||Next →|
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- UH Hilo Mentoring Recognition Award!
- Having a great mentor is critical in student success and we'd like to know who has been your mentor here at UH Hilo. ...
- Campus & Community Service Spring Food Drive
- It’s that time of year again! Campus and Community Service is holding the Annual Spring Food Drive in conjunction with the University of Hawaiʻi State Food Drive. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.