Nantucket Nights: Astronomy Thirty Miles Out to Sea - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Nantucket Nights: Astronomy Thirty Miles Out to Sea
Nantucket, a small island located 30 miles off the coast of Cape Cod, has a rich history and a strong connection to astronomy. Come learn about Maria Mitchell, America's first woman astronomer, efforts to revive the lost language and astronomical heritage of the indigenous Wampanoag people, and the intriguing question of whether whales can see the stars.
Michael West is the Director of the Maria Mitchell Observatory, Nantucket, MA,
Former faculty member at UH Hilo, and Author of " Gentle Rain of Starlight: The Story of Astronomy on Mauna Kea".
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 9327187
What's also happening?
Week of May 11, 2014Next →
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.