The Clothesline Project - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Clothesline Project
Location: NEW Student Services Center Lanai at UH Hilo
The Clothesline Project was created to bring awareness to the issue of violence against women. In an effort to express themselves, women who were affected by violence were asked to decorate t-shirts that would later be hung on a line for public display. The intent was to honor survivors and while promoting awareness of these crimes. In recognition of Victims’ Rights Week an annual commemoration to promote victims’ rights and service available to victims, the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney will be creating a clothesline project to not only bring awareness for violence against women, but awareness of crimes of violence in all of our community. The clothesline will be displayed on Wednesday, April 9th from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.at the New Student Services Center at UH Hilo. Supplies will be available for anyone who wishes to make a t-shirt to display on the line. In addition, the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney will display informational material regarding services for crime victims.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
|Week of April 6, 2014||Next →|
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.