The Clothesline Project - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Clothesline Project
Location: NEW Student Services Center Lanai at UH Hilo
The Clothesline Project was created to bring awareness to the issue of violence against women. In an effort to express themselves, women who were affected by violence were asked to decorate t-shirts that would later be hung on a line for public display. The intent was to honor survivors and while promoting awareness of these crimes. In recognition of Victims’ Rights Week an annual commemoration to promote victims’ rights and service available to victims, the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney will be creating a clothesline project to not only bring awareness for violence against women, but awareness of crimes of violence in all of our community. The clothesline will be displayed on Wednesday, April 9th from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.at the New Student Services Center at UH Hilo. Supplies will be available for anyone who wishes to make a t-shirt to display on the line. In addition, the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney will display informational material regarding services for crime victims.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
10a SAC- Cupcake Bar
10a SAC- Cupcake Bar
5:30p ALEX Etiquette Dinner
6:30p Take Back the Night
5:45p Swing Dance Practice
9:45a Vulcan Dash
- Honoring Diversity Workshop
- "Honoring Diversity for a Caring and Inclusive Campus" April 1st. 2015 in Campus Center Rm 301 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM **Continental Breakfast Provided** This workshop promotes an understanding of diversity that creates cultural ...
- Positions Available for Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine
- We are currently looking for creative and hardworking UH Hilo students to fill the positions at Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine. ...
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study Hello University of Hawaii students, We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. ...
- Note Takers Needed--FALL 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.