"40 years of Women's Movement in Hawaii": Meda Chesney-Lind - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
"40 years of Women's Movement in Hawaii": Meda Chesney-Lind
Location: UH Hilo Science & Technology Building Room 108
UH Hilo Women's Center invites Dr. Meda Chesney-Lind, Professor of Women's Studies at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa to be a keynote speaker in discussing 40 years of the Women's Movement in Hawai'i.
Chesney has been nationally recognized for her work on women and crime, some of her books include Girls, Deliquency and Juvenile Justice, The Female Offender: Girls.
You will NOT want to miss this!
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-932-7381
What's also happening?
5:30p Film: Half the Sky
5:30p Film: Half the Sky
5:45p Swing Dance Practice
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa will begin on Tuesday, September 23rd and run thru Friday, September 26th. A week of practitioner demonstrations in the atrium will be free to the public and lead up to a Tahitian show “under the stars” in the ...
- Student Parking at the Hilo YMCA
- Limited free and paid parking is available at the Hilo YMCA on Lanikaula Street, across from the UH Hilo main campus. More information is at the YMCA office or call 935-3721.
- Sign up for the Women's Speed Mentoring Program!
- The Women's Speed Mentoring Program is an opportunity to connect with professional and successful women from organizations such as: AAUW-American Association of University Women, ZONTA and UH Hilo Women's Center, whom are working together this ...
- Kanilehua Positions Open!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's Student Art & Literary Magazine, published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available!
- Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- 9/16 Update on the Puna Lava Flow
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College are closely monitoring the June 27th lava flow from Kīlauea and are currently formulating contingency plans to address various issues that may arise. ...
- 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil
- In support for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Violence Interagency Committee and Public Awareness Committee will be coordinating the 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil to remember those who lost their lives to domestic ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.