Postcards from Mars! A public talk by Dr. John Bell - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Postcards from Mars! A public talk by Dr. John Bell
Location: Sciences and Technology Building (STB) 108
Title: Postcards from Mars: Using Rovers to Explore the Mysteries of the Red Planet
Brief Summary: In the past decade, NASA has successfully landed three rovers on Mars: Spirit, Opportunity, and Curiosity, in some of the most ambitious missions of robotic exploration ever attempted. Professor Jim Bell from the School of Earth and Space Exploration at Arizona State University is the President of The Planetary Society and one of the leading scientist in charge of the color camera systems on these rovers. Since 2004, he has had an amazing front row seat for the photographic and geologic adventures of these sophisticated exploring robots. In this presentation, Prof. Bell will share his favorite images and stories from "inside" mission operations, and describe the major scientific findings made by Spirit for its six year adventure, by Opportunity during its more than 10 year (and going!) mission, and by Curiosity during its first year and a half of exploration on Mars. He will share the latest stories, photos, and scientific results from Mars, and will discuss plans for the future exploration of the Red Planet--including future human exploration--by NASA and other space agencies.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 8089327187
What's also happening?
|February 2014/March 2014|
3p Asthma 101
5:45p Learn to Swing Dance
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaiʻi and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Applications
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2016-2017 academic year. ...
- Epic Origami at ʻImiloa
- ʻImiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- RISO Orientation and Funding Workshop
- Interested in reapplying as a Registered Independent Student Organization (R.I.S.O.) for the 2015-2016 school year... ...
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Applications
- UH Hilo students of Asian American and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity who are US citizens, nationals or permanent residents (or citizens of the FSM, Palau or the Marshall Islands) are eligible to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.