Wellness Wednesday: How to Live Heart Healthy! - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Wellness Wednesday: How to Live Heart Healthy!
This 1-hour presentation by Dr. Alice Davis of the UH Hilo School of Nursing, is an interactive session to engage student participants in a discussion of how to live “Heart Healthy”. Key to this discussion is helping young people understand how life choices today impact health 20 or 30 years in the future. Metabolic Syndrome will be introduced and the importance of understanding how you can reduce your risk of heart disease by making a few lifestyle changes and knowing basic information about the “lipid panel”. Questions are welcome.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: Presidents' Day
5:45p Learn to Swing Dance
- SAC Four Leaf Clover Hunt
- On March 10–14, 2014, you will see Four leaf clovers posted all over the UH Hilo campus. Collect as much as you can and bring them to the Student Activities Council (SAC) Saint Patricks Day event held on March 17th, 2014.
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2014-2015
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2014-2015 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2014. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
- Global Lens Film Series
- The Global Lens film series returns to UH Hilo this spring! The series a critically acclaimed showcase of award-winning, independent narrative features from around the world. ...
- SAC: Plaza Market Monday
- During the Spring semester, UH Hilo's Student Activities Council (SAC) will sponsor Plaza Market Monday every 2nd and 4th Monday from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. ...
- Swing Dance Club
- Swing Dance Club meets Fridays, 5:45-8:00 pm at the Old Gym! Come join us for a night of instruction, fun, free dancing... and swing!