Wellness Wednesday: How to Live Heart Healthy! - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Wellness Wednesday: How to Live Heart Healthy!
This 1-hour presentation by Dr. Alice Davis of the UH Hilo School of Nursing, is an interactive session to engage student participants in a discussion of how to live “Heart Healthy”. Key to this discussion is helping young people understand how life choices today impact health 20 or 30 years in the future. Metabolic Syndrome will be introduced and the importance of understanding how you can reduce your risk of heart disease by making a few lifestyle changes and knowing basic information about the “lipid panel”. Questions are welcome.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: Presidents' Day
5:45p Learn to Swing Dance
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaiʻi and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Applications
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2016-2017 academic year. ...
- Epic Origami at ʻImiloa
- ʻImiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- RISO Orientation and Funding Workshop
- Interested in reapplying as a Registered Independent Student Organization (R.I.S.O.) for the 2015-2016 school year... ...
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Applications
- UH Hilo students of Asian American and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity who are US citizens, nationals or permanent residents (or citizens of the FSM, Palau or the Marshall Islands) are eligible to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.