Men, Women, Sex and Violence - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Men, Women, Sex and Violence
Location: Science and Technology Building (STB) Room 108
A multimedia presentation with Dr. Jackson Katz
Dr. Jackson Katz, Ph.D., is an educator, author and internationally acclaimed lecturer who is a pioneer in the fields of gender violence prevention education and critical media literacy. He is cofounder of Mentors in Violence Prevention (MVP), one of the original "bystander" programs and the most widely utilized sexual and domestic violence prevention initiative in college and professional athletics in North America. He is the creator of the film Tough Guise and author of The Macho Paradox and Leading Men: Presidential Campaigns and the Politics of Manhood. He lectures widely in the United States and around the world on violence, media, and masculinities.
For a sample of his work, visit: www.ted.com/talks/jackson_katz_violence_against_women_it_s_a_men_s_issue.html
This multimedia presentation is sponsored by Student Health & Wellness Programs and will be held at the UH Hilo Science and Technology Building (STB) Room 108 from 5:30-7:00PM on March 5th, 2014. The presentation is open to UH Hilo and HawCC students, faculty and staff.
For disability accommodation, please contact (808) 932-7458 by February 19, 2014
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
2:30p ALEX Faculty Workshop
5:45p Learn to Swing Dance
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaiʻi and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Applications
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2016-2017 academic year. ...
- Epic Origami at ʻImiloa
- ʻImiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- RISO Orientation and Funding Workshop
- Interested in reapplying as a Registered Independent Student Organization (R.I.S.O.) for the 2015-2016 school year... ...
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Applications
- UH Hilo students of Asian American and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity who are US citizens, nationals or permanent residents (or citizens of the FSM, Palau or the Marshall Islands) are eligible to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.