Men, Women, Sex and Violence - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Men, Women, Sex and Violence
Location: Science and Technology Building (STB) Room 108
A multimedia presentation with Dr. Jackson Katz
Dr. Jackson Katz, Ph.D., is an educator, author and internationally acclaimed lecturer who is a pioneer in the fields of gender violence prevention education and critical media literacy. He is cofounder of Mentors in Violence Prevention (MVP), one of the original "bystander" programs and the most widely utilized sexual and domestic violence prevention initiative in college and professional athletics in North America. He is the creator of the film Tough Guise and author of The Macho Paradox and Leading Men: Presidential Campaigns and the Politics of Manhood. He lectures widely in the United States and around the world on violence, media, and masculinities.
For a sample of his work, visit: www.ted.com/talks/jackson_katz_violence_against_women_it_s_a_men_s_issue.html
This multimedia presentation is sponsored by Student Health & Wellness Programs and will be held at the UH Hilo Science and Technology Building (STB) Room 108 from 5:30-7:00PM on March 5th, 2014. The presentation is open to UH Hilo and HawCC students, faculty and staff.
For disability accommodation, please contact (808) 932-7458 by February 19, 2014
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
|Week of March 2, 2014||Next →|
- Haumana Hou Lounge
- New Student Programs is happy to announce that the Haumana Hou Lounge is happening every Tuesday at a NEW location! Stop by room W201 of the Student Services Building/Center every Tuesday starting January 26, 2016 for a relaxing place to study. ...
- UH Hilo Bike Share Program
- The University Concierge by New Student Programs is proud to offer UH Hilo's new Bike Share Program! All current students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to borrow a bicycle to run errands around town. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- UH Hilo welcomes the newest service to support our university and community ‘ohana. Introducing The University Concierge. Located on the first floor of the Student Services Center, The University Concierge is a gateway for campus information. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Card
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignment, report, tests, and more. ...
- Drop-In Resumé Critique
- Need advice on how to improve your resumé? Drop in to the Career and Academic Advising Center (Student Services Center, E203) for a resumé critique with Lyssa on Tuesdays, between 1:00-3:30 pm. No appointment necessary.
- Bicycles Wanted!
- The Bike Share Program by New Student Programs (NSP) is in search of bicycles! We gladly accept any bicycle donations throughout the year. ...
- Software Systems for Astronomy July 25-August 5
- Mark your calendar for July 25 - August 5, 2016 (tentatively set) for the second annual Software Systems in Astronomy two week intensive class offered by Professor Albert Conrad. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.