Black History Month Presents: Climbing PoeTree - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Black History Month Presents: Climbing PoeTree
Location: UH Hilo Campus Center Plaza
The Womenʻs Center and Minority Access and Achievement Program proudly presents an inspirational event during Black HIstory Month. Alixa & Naima of Climbing Poetree and Leah Song of Rising Appalachia featuring Biko Casini are joining forces to weave together a powerful performance of award winning poetry, hip hop, multimedia theater, souther soul and international roots music. Climbing Poetree and Rising Appalachia have made their lifeʻs work crafting performances of deep courage and catharsis. Both touring globally for more than 10 years with high profile artists in sold out venues from infectious idea of how people can shape their own destinies. This show promises to inspire and awaken the senses.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
7:30p The Bad Boys of Dance
10a SAC: Condom Fair
5:45p Learn to Swing Dance
- Calling all Female Students! Join the SISTA Project Today!
- The SISTA Project is an all-women’s empowerment group designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaiʻi System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.