Black History Month Presents: Climbing PoeTree - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Black History Month Presents: Climbing PoeTree
Location: UH Hilo Campus Center Plaza
The Womenʻs Center and Minority Access and Achievement Program proudly presents an inspirational event during Black HIstory Month. Alixa & Naima of Climbing Poetree and Leah Song of Rising Appalachia featuring Biko Casini are joining forces to weave together a powerful performance of award winning poetry, hip hop, multimedia theater, souther soul and international roots music. Climbing Poetree and Rising Appalachia have made their lifeʻs work crafting performances of deep courage and catharsis. Both touring globally for more than 10 years with high profile artists in sold out venues from infectious idea of how people can shape their own destinies. This show promises to inspire and awaken the senses.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
7:30p The Bad Boys of Dance
10a SAC: Condom Fair
5:45p Learn to Swing Dance
- UH Hilo Food Drive
- 1 can, 2 can, 3 can, MORE! It's time for UH Hilo's annual canned food drive to help out our community partner, the Hawai'i Food Basket. ...
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study Hello University of Hawaii students, We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. ...
- Note Taker Needed--SPRING 2015
- Aloha! Disabilities Services is in need of a note taker for an upper level ANTH class. Please keep in mind that you need to be in the same major or minor field, currently in the class, or have taken it before and passed with a "B" or ...
- Note Takers Needed--FALL 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.