Black History Month Presents: Climbing PoeTree - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Black History Month Presents: Climbing PoeTree
Location: UH Hilo Campus Center Plaza
The Womenʻs Center and Minority Access and Achievement Program proudly presents an inspirational event during Black HIstory Month. Alixa & Naima of Climbing Poetree and Leah Song of Rising Appalachia featuring Biko Casini are joining forces to weave together a powerful performance of award winning poetry, hip hop, multimedia theater, souther soul and international roots music. Climbing Poetree and Rising Appalachia have made their lifeʻs work crafting performances of deep courage and catharsis. Both touring globally for more than 10 years with high profile artists in sold out venues from infectious idea of how people can shape their own destinies. This show promises to inspire and awaken the senses.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
7:30p The Bad Boys of Dance
10a SAC: Condom Fair
5:45p Learn to Swing Dance
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaii and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- Epic Origami at 'Imiloa
- 'Imiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.