Black History Month Presents: Climbing PoeTree - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Black History Month Presents: Climbing PoeTree
Location: Campus Center Plaza
Co-sponsored by the Minority Access and Achievement Program (MAAP) and UH Hilo Women's Center, this is dynamic showcase brings powerful voices to empower our valued University community and beyond.
Climbing PoeTree interweaves spoken word, hip hop, and award-winning multimedia theater to expose injustice, heal from violence, and make a better future visible, immediate, and irresistible. We are the a part of there first ever Hawaiʻi tour.
In 15 self-organized tours over the past 10 years, Climbing PoeTree has blazed stages in more than 70 cities across the U.S.--including 11,000 miles traveled on a bus converted to run on recycled vegetable oil--and abroad from the UK to Mexico, South Africa to Cuba. Their soul-stirring performance has been featured alongside powerhouses such as Erykah Badu, Alicia Keys, Danny Glover, Cornel West, Angela Davis, Alice Walker, Saul Williams, Sonia Sanchez, The Last Poets, & Dead Prez.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-932-7463
What's also happening?
|Week of February 9, 2014||Next →|
- 2018-19 FAFSA Available Now
- Effective October 1, 2017, students can complete their 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2018. ...
- Summer 2018 and Spring 2019 Study Abroad Application Due
- If you are considering studying abroad for Summer 2018 or Spring 2019, you need to submit your application by March 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application
- The 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application opened November 1, 2017. Go online to complete your application today and apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2018. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.