Black History Month Presents: Climbing PoeTree - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Black History Month Presents: Climbing PoeTree
Location: Campus Center Plaza
Co-sponsored by the Minority Access and Achievement Program (MAAP) and UH Hilo Women's Center, this is dynamic showcase brings powerful voices to empower our valued University community and beyond.
Climbing PoeTree interweaves spoken word, hip hop, and award-winning multimedia theater to expose injustice, heal from violence, and make a better future visible, immediate, and irresistible. We are the a part of there first ever Hawaiʻi tour.
In 15 self-organized tours over the past 10 years, Climbing PoeTree has blazed stages in more than 70 cities across the U.S.--including 11,000 miles traveled on a bus converted to run on recycled vegetable oil--and abroad from the UK to Mexico, South Africa to Cuba. Their soul-stirring performance has been featured alongside powerhouses such as Erykah Badu, Alicia Keys, Danny Glover, Cornel West, Angela Davis, Alice Walker, Saul Williams, Sonia Sanchez, The Last Poets, & Dead Prez.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-932-7463
What's also happening?
|Week of February 9, 2014||Next →|
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaii and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- Software Systems for Astronomy July 25-August 5
- Mark your calendar for July 25 - August 5, 2016 (tentatively set) for the second annual Software Systems in Astronomy two week intensive class offered by Professor Albert Conrad. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.