Black History Month Presents: Climbing PoeTree - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Black History Month Presents: Climbing PoeTree
Location: Campus Center Plaza
Co-sponsored by the Minority Access and Achievement Program (MAAP) and UH Hilo Women's Center, this is dynamic showcase brings powerful voices to empower our valued University community and beyond.
Climbing PoeTree interweaves spoken word, hip hop, and award-winning multimedia theater to expose injustice, heal from violence, and make a better future visible, immediate, and irresistible. We are the a part of there first ever Hawaiʻi tour.
In 15 self-organized tours over the past 10 years, Climbing PoeTree has blazed stages in more than 70 cities across the U.S.--including 11,000 miles traveled on a bus converted to run on recycled vegetable oil--and abroad from the UK to Mexico, South Africa to Cuba. Their soul-stirring performance has been featured alongside powerhouses such as Erykah Badu, Alicia Keys, Danny Glover, Cornel West, Angela Davis, Alice Walker, Saul Williams, Sonia Sanchez, The Last Poets, & Dead Prez.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-932-7463
What's also happening?
|Week of February 9, 2014||Next →|
- RISO Registration Form now Available
- Attention UH Hilo Students: The CCS office is now accepting RISO registration forms for the 2016-2017 school year. For more information or to view the application and requirements please visit the RISO webpage: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Career Connections
- The Career and Academic Advising Center is hosting a series of information sessions called Career Connections this spring semester. These sessions will feature businesses and employers and allow students to interact in a more intimate setting. ...
- 2017 UH Hilo Annual Spring Food Drive
- The UH Hilo 2017 Annual Spring Food Drive is done in culmination with the State Food Drive. Please help us end hunger in Hawai`i. All of your donations, food or monetary, will stay right here to help Big Island residents. In 2016 alone 1. ...
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Recognition Awards Ceremony
- Join us as we celebrate and recognize our UH Hilo student leaders at the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Recognition Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at the Campus Center Dining Hall from 6:30 PM-8:30 PM. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Cards
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignments, report, tests, and more. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- The University Concierge is your one-stop-shop for all campus info and hosts UH Hilo’s Bike Share Program and New Student Programs’ Academic Achievement Awards Cards. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
- Volunteers Needed!
- Campus and Community Service(CCS) is a Campus Center program that provides an educational approach to foster civic responsibility and engagement through active participation in organized service that meets community needs. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.