Wellness Wednesday Presentation on Substance Abuse - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Wellness Wednesday Presentation on Substance Abuse
Location: Campus Center Room 306
This presentation by Raquel Chang, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Kim Krell, Certified Substance Abuse Counselor of the Big Island Substance Abuse Council, is an interactive session to engage student participants in a discussion of the most widely used drugs on College Campuses, particularly the drugs that impact UH Hilo.
Additional information will be provided on ways to keep yourself safe from Date Rape Drugs, why college students turn to drugs and ways to find help if alcohol and drugs are impacting your success in school.
Student participants will be introduced to additional drugs being experimented with on college campuses and the dangers synthetic drugs pose. Alternatives to alcohol and drug use will be discussed as well as, stress management will be covered in order to give students the coping skills necessary to manage the pressures and demands of college life.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
|January 2014/February 2014|
11:30a NSE Spring Exchange Fair
5:45p Learn to Swing Dance
6:30p Idea Improv
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaiʻi and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Applications
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2016-2017 academic year. ...
- Epic Origami at 'Imiloa
- 'Imiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- RISO Orientation and Funding Workshop
- Interested in reapplying as a Registered Independent Student Organization (R.I.S.O.) for the 2015-2016 school year... ...
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Applications
- UH Hilo students of Asian American and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity who are US citizens, nationals or permanent residents (or citizens of the FSM, Palau or the Marshall Islands) are eligible to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.