Wellness Wednesday Presentation on Substance Abuse - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Wellness Wednesday Presentation on Substance Abuse
Location: Campus Center Room 306
This presentation by Raquel Chang, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Kim Krell, Certified Substance Abuse Counselor of the Big Island Substance Abuse Council, is an interactive session to engage student participants in a discussion of the most widely used drugs on College Campuses, particularly the drugs that impact UH Hilo.
Additional information will be provided on ways to keep yourself safe from Date Rape Drugs, why college students turn to drugs and ways to find help if alcohol and drugs are impacting your success in school.
Student participants will be introduced to additional drugs being experimented with on college campuses and the dangers synthetic drugs pose. Alternatives to alcohol and drug use will be discussed as well as, stress management will be covered in order to give students the coping skills necessary to manage the pressures and demands of college life.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
|January 2014/February 2014|
11:30a NSE Spring Exchange Fair
5:45p Learn to Swing Dance
6:30p Idea Improv
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa will begin on Tuesday, September 23rd and run thru Friday, September 26th. A week of practitioner demonstrations in the atrium will be free to the public and lead up to a Tahitian show “under the stars” in the ...
- Student Parking at the Hilo YMCA
- Limited free and paid parking is available at the Hilo YMCA on Lanikaula Street, across from the UH Hilo main campus. More information is at the YMCA office or call 935-3721.
- Sign up for the Women's Speed Mentoring Program!
- The Women's Speed Mentoring Program is an opportunity to connect with professional and successful women from organizations such as: AAUW-American Association of University Women, ZONTA and UH Hilo Women's Center, whom are working together this ...
- Kanilehua Positions Open!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's Student Art & Literary Magazine, published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available!
- Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil
- In support for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Violence Interagency Committee and Public Awareness Committee will be coordinating the 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil to remember those who lost their lives to domestic ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.