Local First Dining! - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Local First Dining!
Location: Campus Center Dining Room
Come enjoy a full menu of locally farmed and produced foods for December's Local First Wednesday!
Local First Menu:
Grill Breakfast: Punalu`u Sweetbread French Toast served with Kulana Grass-Fed Beef /Pork Portuguese Sausage.
Grill Lunch: Kulana Beef Kalbi Tacos with Local Made Tortillas & Mango Salsa served with Korean Cole Slaw made with Waimea Won Bok & Baby Waimea Greens.
Deli Sandwich: Slow Roasted Kulana Kalua Pork Melt on a House Made Ciabatta Bread garnished with Sweet Carmelized Kula Onions & Fresh Local Watercress served with Hilo’s Own Atebara Potato Chips.
Sizzling Salad: Maebo Cold Chow Fun Noodle Salad garnished with Maui Yellow and Green Zucchini’s, Local Eggplant Medallion’s, Fresh Local Bean Sprouts, and Scallions served with Fresh Island Fish Tempura on a bed of Waimea Micro Greens.
Hot Line Entrée #1: Hawaiian Kine Plate: Kulana Mini Laulau, Kulana Kalua Pork, Lomi Salmon made with Hamakua Tomatoes, Kulana Beef Paniolo Stew made with local grown Taro, Kula Onions, & Celery. For dessert, a House Made Haupia Cake with Coconut Flakes.
Hot Line Entrée #2: Local Caught Fresh Fish of the Day
Hot Line Vegetarian: Thai Curry made with Maui Kabocha, Kea`au Deep Fried Organic Tofu, Local Poi Taro, Choi Sum, and Blanched Maui Kale served with Lemongrass Jasmine Rice.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-932-7352
What's also happening?
3p Safe Zone
3:30p Japan, My Second Home
3:30p Japan, My Second Home
5:45p Swing Dance Practice
- Aloha ʻAina Film and Talkstory Series on "Malama Honua"
- The Aloha ʻAina Film & talkstory Series on "Malama Honua" is bringing Toby McLeod to Hilo to present a four-part documentary series showing how indigenous communities are resisting threats to their sacred places in a growing movement to defend ...
- Student Parking at the Hilo YMCA
- Limited free and paid parking is available at the Hilo YMCA on Lanikaula Street, across from the UH Hilo main campus. More information is at the YMCA office or call 935-3721.
- Sign up for the Women's Speed Mentoring Program!
- The Women's Speed Mentoring Program is an opportunity to connect with professional and successful women from organizations such as: AAUW-American Association of University Women, ZONTA and UH Hilo Women's Center, whom are working together this ...
- Kanilehua Positions Open!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's Student Art & Literary Magazine, published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available!
- Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Eruption and Lava Flow Update
- For more information on the eruption and lava flow in Puna, please visit the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory at hvo.wr.usgs.gov/ and the Hawaiʻi County Civil Defense Messages and Alerts site at www.hawaiicounty.gov/active-alerts/. ...
- 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil
- In support for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Violence Interagency Committee and Public Awareness Committee will be coordinating the 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil to remember those who lost their lives to domestic ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.