World AIDS Day Event - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
World AIDS Day Event
Location: CC306 & Library Lanai
Join us for this week’s World AIDS Day Event!
In honor of World AIDS Day and remembrance of those who’ve been affected by HIV/AIDS worldwide, please join us at this week’s Wellness Wednesday, taking place on December 4th from 12-1PM @ Campus Center, Room 306. UH Hilo’s Student Health & Wellness Programs and the Hawaii Island HIV/AIDS Foundation will present a talk about HIV/AIDS and how it affects YOU and your loved ones.
From 12PM-2PM at the library lanai, there will be educational booths by UH Hilo’s Student Health & Wellness Programs, College of Pharmacy & the Women’s Center.
From 1PM-2PM at the library lanai, MAC Cosmetics will be doing free make-up demos, using their Viva Glam line, a line in which 100% of all proceeds go to those affected by HIV/AIDS. Also take part in the Facing AIDS Photo Campaign, by helping to reduce stigma and promote HIV testing by putting a face to AIDS. Be a part of the movement!
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808)-932-7458
What's also happening?
3p Safe Zone
3:30p Japan, My Second Home
3:30p Japan, My Second Home
5:45p Swing Dance Practice
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa will begin on Tuesday, September 23rd and run thru Friday, September 26th. A week of practitioner demonstrations in the atrium will be free to the public and lead up to a Tahitian show “under the stars” in the ...
- Student Parking at the Hilo YMCA
- Limited free and paid parking is available at the Hilo YMCA on Lanikaula Street, across from the UH Hilo main campus. More information is at the YMCA office or call 935-3721.
- Sign up for the Women's Speed Mentoring Program!
- The Women's Speed Mentoring Program is an opportunity to connect with professional and successful women from organizations such as: AAUW-American Association of University Women, ZONTA and UH Hilo Women's Center, whom are working together this ...
- Kanilehua Positions Open!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's Student Art & Literary Magazine, published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available!
- Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- 9/16 Update on the Puna Lava Flow
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College are closely monitoring the June 27th lava flow from Kīlauea and are currently formulating contingency plans to address various issues that may arise. ...
- 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil
- In support for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Violence Interagency Committee and Public Awareness Committee will be coordinating the 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil to remember those who lost their lives to domestic ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.