World AIDS Day Event - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
World AIDS Day Event
Location: CC306 & Library Lanai
Join us for this week’s World AIDS Day Event!
In honor of World AIDS Day and remembrance of those who’ve been affected by HIV/AIDS worldwide, please join us at this week’s Wellness Wednesday, taking place on December 4th from 12-1PM @ Campus Center, Room 306. UH Hilo’s Student Health & Wellness Programs and the Hawaii Island HIV/AIDS Foundation will present a talk about HIV/AIDS and how it affects YOU and your loved ones.
From 12PM-2PM at the library lanai, there will be educational booths by UH Hilo’s Student Health & Wellness Programs, College of Pharmacy & the Women’s Center.
From 1PM-2PM at the library lanai, MAC Cosmetics will be doing free make-up demos, using their Viva Glam line, a line in which 100% of all proceeds go to those affected by HIV/AIDS. Also take part in the Facing AIDS Photo Campaign, by helping to reduce stigma and promote HIV testing by putting a face to AIDS. Be a part of the movement!
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808)-932-7458
What's also happening?
3p Safe Zone
3:30p Japan, My Second Home
3:30p Japan, My Second Home
5:45p Swing Dance Practice
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaiʻi and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Applications
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2016-2017 academic year. ...
- Epic Origami at ʻImiloa
- ʻImiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- RISO Orientation and Funding Workshop
- Interested in reapplying as a Registered Independent Student Organization (R.I.S.O.) for the 2015-2016 school year... ...
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Applications
- UH Hilo students of Asian American and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity who are US citizens, nationals or permanent residents (or citizens of the FSM, Palau or the Marshall Islands) are eligible to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.