Transgender Day of Remembrance Vigil - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Transgender Day of Remembrance Vigil
Location: Campus Center Plaza
Transgender Day of Remembrance is an annual event that honors those around the world who have lost their lives to transphobic violence and hate crimes. Join us for a discussion of who makes up the Transgender community, the issues they face, and how to put an end to the violence.
Following the discussion will be the a candlelight vigil, where a candle will be lit for every person who lost their lives this year and each victim's name will be read aloud.
The event will close with a ceremony for peace and light refreshments.
UH Hilo Women's Center and Pride Hilo are cosponsoring this event.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-932-7381
What's also happening?
1p Vulcan Rally
6p Safe Zone
5:45p Swing Dance Practice
- SAC Four Leaf Clover Hunt
- On March 10–14, 2014, you will see Four leaf clovers posted all over the UH Hilo campus. Collect as much as you can and bring them to the Student Activities Council (SAC) Saint Patricks Day event held on March 17th, 2014.
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2014-2015
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2014-2015 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2014. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
- Global Lens Film Series
- The Global Lens film series returns to UH Hilo this spring! The series a critically acclaimed showcase of award-winning, independent narrative features from around the world. ...
- SAC: Plaza Market Monday
- During the Spring semester, UH Hilo's Student Activities Council (SAC) will sponsor Plaza Market Monday every 2nd and 4th Monday from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. ...
- Swing Dance Club
- Swing Dance Club meets Fridays, 5:45-8:00 pm at the Old Gym! Come join us for a night of instruction, fun, free dancing... and swing!