Transgender Day of Remembrance Vigil - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Transgender Day of Remembrance Vigil
Location: Campus Center Plaza
Transgender Day of Remembrance is an annual event that honors those around the world who have lost their lives to transphobic violence and hate crimes. Join us for a discussion of who makes up the Transgender community, the issues they face, and how to put an end to the violence.
Following the discussion will be the a candlelight vigil, where a candle will be lit for every person who lost their lives this year and each victim's name will be read aloud.
The event will close with a ceremony for peace and light refreshments.
UH Hilo Women's Center and Pride Hilo are cosponsoring this event.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-932-7381
What's also happening?
1p Vulcan Rally
6p Safe Zone
5:45p Swing Dance Practice
- Calling all Female Students! Join the SISTA Project Today!
- The SISTA Project is an all-women’s empowerment group designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaiʻi System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.