Transgender Day of Remembrance Vigil - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Transgender Day of Remembrance Vigil
Location: Campus Center Plaza
Transgender Day of Remembrance is an annual event that honors those around the world who have lost their lives to transphobic violence and hate crimes. Join us for a discussion of who makes up the Transgender community, the issues they face, and how to put an end to the violence.
Following the discussion will be the a candlelight vigil, where a candle will be lit for every person who lost their lives this year and each victim's name will be read aloud.
The event will close with a ceremony for peace and light refreshments.
UH Hilo Women's Center and Pride Hilo are cosponsoring this event.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-932-7381
What's also happening?
1p Vulcan Rally
6p Safe Zone
5:45p Swing Dance Practice
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaii and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- Epic Origami at 'Imiloa
- 'Imiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.