JABSOM MSMP Basic Physical Exam and Suture Workshop - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
JABSOM MSMP Basic Physical Exam and Suture Workshop
Location: Science and Technology Building, Room 118
John A. Burns School of Medicine Medical Student Mentorship Program (JABSOM MSMP) would like to invite you to be a part of it's first workshop of the 2013-2014 academic year in Hilo!
What: The Basic Physical Exam and Suture Workshop
When: Sunday 11/10/13 from 9am-12pm
Where: UH Hilo, STB 118
Event Description: The event will be attended and staffed by medical students from the John A Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM) and Dr. Kelly Withy, Director of the Hawaii Area Health Education Center (AHEC). This event will include:
A short introduction to the John A Burns School of Medicine
An introduction to basic physical exam skills (vital signs and the basics of the heart and lung exam)
An introduction to suturing (a skill required by all health care professionals)
A mixer with the medical student leaders of the workshop. Lunch is provided :)
If you would like to attend, please RSVP to email@example.com by 11/8/13.
We hope to see you at the workshop!
Special Restrictions: ** If you are NOT a member of the Aspiring Doctors of Hilo (ADH) OR MSMP: You will be asked to sign up with MSMP at the door. This will include providing us with your name and email address as well as paying 5 dollars as your MSMP annual dues. This will allow you to receive regular resources from MSMP and attend the rest of our events (for free) for the rest of the academic year (2013-2014).
** If you ARE a member of ADH or MSMP: Admission is free. We will ask you to sign up at the door.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: Veterans' Day
11:30a NSE Fall Exchange Fair!
5:45p Swing Dance Practice
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa will begin on Tuesday, September 23rd and run thru Friday, September 26th. A week of practitioner demonstrations in the atrium will be free to the public and lead up to a Tahitian show “under the stars” in the ...
- Student Parking at the Hilo YMCA
- Limited free and paid parking is available at the Hilo YMCA on Lanikaula Street, across from the UH Hilo main campus. More information is at the YMCA office or call 935-3721.
- Sign up for the Women's Speed Mentoring Program!
- The Women's Speed Mentoring Program is an opportunity to connect with professional and successful women from organizations such as: AAUW-American Association of University Women, ZONTA and UH Hilo Women's Center, whom are working together this ...
- Kanilehua Positions Open!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's Student Art & Literary Magazine, published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available!
- Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- Native Hawaiian, Asian American & Pacific Islander students are invited to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the Spring 2015 semester. About 10 UH Hilo students will be awarded a $2,500 scholarship for the spring semester. ...
- 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil
- In support for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Violence Interagency Committee and Public Awareness Committee will be coordinating the 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil to remember those who lost their lives to domestic ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.