JABSOM MSMP Basic Physical Exam and Suture Workshop - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
JABSOM MSMP Basic Physical Exam and Suture Workshop
Location: Science and Technology Building, Room 118
John A. Burns School of Medicine Medical Student Mentorship Program (JABSOM MSMP) would like to invite you to be a part of it's first workshop of the 2013-2014 academic year in Hilo!
What: The Basic Physical Exam and Suture Workshop
When: Sunday 11/10/13 from 9am-12pm
Where: UH Hilo, STB 118
Event Description: The event will be attended and staffed by medical students from the John A Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM) and Dr. Kelly Withy, Director of the Hawaii Area Health Education Center (AHEC). This event will include:
A short introduction to the John A Burns School of Medicine
An introduction to basic physical exam skills (vital signs and the basics of the heart and lung exam)
An introduction to suturing (a skill required by all health care professionals)
A mixer with the medical student leaders of the workshop. Lunch is provided :)
If you would like to attend, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11/8/13.
We hope to see you at the workshop!
Special Restrictions: ** If you are NOT a member of the Aspiring Doctors of Hilo (ADH) OR MSMP: You will be asked to sign up with MSMP at the door. This will include providing us with your name and email address as well as paying 5 dollars as your MSMP annual dues. This will allow you to receive regular resources from MSMP and attend the rest of our events (for free) for the rest of the academic year (2013-2014).
** If you ARE a member of ADH or MSMP: Admission is free. We will ask you to sign up at the door.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: Veterans' Day
11:30a NSE Fall Exchange Fair!
5:45p Swing Dance Practice
- Book Drive
- The East-West Center Club is doing a book drive on campus. Books collected will be donated to the World Book Bank, which sends the books to poor developing nations to help build libraries and reduce the illiteracy rates of adults and children. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- The APIASF General Scholarship is open to Asian American and Pacific Islander students who will be enrolling or are currently enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university as a degree-seeking undergraduate student in Fall 2015. ...
- International Nights 2015 Seeking Performers
- The UH Hilo International Student Association invites students to perform in International Nights 2015! The shows will be held on February 6 & 7, 2015 at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- UH Hilo Upward Bound Employment Opportunity
- TUTORS WANTED! ~College students who are proficient in Mathematics, English/Language Arts, Foreign Language, and/or Science~ Duties: • Drive to assigned local or rural high schools • Provide tutoring and write reports documenting ...
- College Goal 808
- College Goal 808 is designed to help students and their families navigate the student financial aid process. The event offers free assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaii System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.