JABSOM MSMP Basic Physical Exam and Suture Workshop - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
JABSOM MSMP Basic Physical Exam and Suture Workshop
Location: Science and Technology Building, Room 118
John A. Burns School of Medicine Medical Student Mentorship Program (JABSOM MSMP) would like to invite you to be a part of it's first workshop of the 2013-2014 academic year in Hilo!
What: The Basic Physical Exam and Suture Workshop
When: Sunday 11/10/13 from 9am-12pm
Where: UH Hilo, STB 118
Event Description: The event will be attended and staffed by medical students from the John A Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM) and Dr. Kelly Withy, Director of the Hawaii Area Health Education Center (AHEC). This event will include:
A short introduction to the John A Burns School of Medicine
An introduction to basic physical exam skills (vital signs and the basics of the heart and lung exam)
An introduction to suturing (a skill required by all health care professionals)
A mixer with the medical student leaders of the workshop. Lunch is provided :)
If you would like to attend, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11/8/13.
We hope to see you at the workshop!
Special Restrictions: ** If you are NOT a member of the Aspiring Doctors of Hilo (ADH) OR MSMP: You will be asked to sign up with MSMP at the door. This will include providing us with your name and email address as well as paying 5 dollars as your MSMP annual dues. This will allow you to receive regular resources from MSMP and attend the rest of our events (for free) for the rest of the academic year (2013-2014).
** If you ARE a member of ADH or MSMP: Admission is free. We will ask you to sign up at the door.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
|Week of November 10, 2013||Next →|
Holiday observed: Veterans’ Day
- Study Abroad Application Deadline
- Are you interested in studying abroad for the summer 2017 term or spring 2018 semester? If so, please submit your application and supporting documents to the Center for Global Education and Exchange (CGEE) office by 4:30pm on March 1, 2017. ...
- Black History Month 2017: Black Women Breaking Boundaries
- Black History Month (BHM) was established to recognize and celebrate the contributions of African Americans, and to remember profound African American leaders who have left behind a legacy that has inspired many. ...
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Group
- The ASD Support Group is for students who are members of the Autism Spectrum community. The purpose of the group is for members to get support from others in a safe, semi-structured social setting. Group meets once a week. ...
- Relay for Life Team Captains' Meetings
- Are you ready to get involved with Relay for Life? The 11th Annual Relay for Life at UH Hilo is right around the corner on March 10-11, 2017! If you want to get your RISO, office, department, or any kind of team involved in Relay for Life, then ...
- Sign up for Relay for Life 2017!
- Relay for Life at UH Hilo is right around the corner! This year's Relay for Life celebrates our 11th anniversary on March 10-11, 2017 from 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM! Relay for Life is a nationwide event that celebrates the lives of those affected by ...
- Join the SISTA Project!
- Calling all you ladies out there! UH Hilo Student Health & Wellness Programs is now recruiting for the Spring 2017 SISTA Project! This is an all-women's empowerment workshop designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. ...
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series continues into this Spring 2017 Semester with a Certificate of Leadership for students who complete and attend 7+ leadership sessions. ...
- LGBTQIA+ Support Group
- LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual) Support Group is for UH Hilo students who are questioning or identify as members of the LGBTQIA community. Group meets once a week for 1 hour throughout the semester. ...
- Support Group for Students with Disabilties
- The Support Group for Students with Disabilities is for students with physical, learning, psychiatric, or other disabilities. ...
- RISO Registration Form now Available
- Attention UH Hilo Students: The CCS office is now accepting RISO registration forms for the 2016-2017 school year. For more information or to view the application and requirements please visit the RISO webpage: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Cards
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignments, report, tests, and more. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- The University Concierge is your one-stop-shop for all campus info and hosts UH Hilo’s Bike Share Program and New Student Programs’ Academic Achievement Awards Cards. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
- Volunteers Needed!
- Campus and Community Service(CCS) is a Campus Center program that provides an educational approach to foster civic responsibility and engagement through active participation in organized service that meets community needs. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.