Mindfulness Practice for Stress Management - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Mindfulness Practice for Stress Management
Location: Campus Center 306
Feeling stressed? This month’s Wellness Wednesday hosted by UH Hilo’s Student Health & Wellness Programs will be focused on Mindfulness Practice for Stress Management. This presentation by Dr. David Herzog of UH Hilo’s Student Health and Wellness Programs, Counseling Services is an interactive session to engage student participants in a discussion of the causes of stress, the positive and negative forms of stress, and how negative stress can impair a person’s ability to function optimally.
Student participants will be introduced to the concept of mindfulness and its benefits in managing stress as well as its contributions to enhanced mental functioning as it applies to academic work and relationships to achieve one’s fullest potential. Take the stress off for just one hour and stop by CC 306 on November 13th from either 12PM-1PM or 5PM-6PM. Light refreshments and snacks will be provided.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-932-7458
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: Veterans' Day
11:30a NSE Fall Exchange Fair!
5:45p Swing Dance Practice
- Calling all Female Students! Join the SISTA Project Today!
- The SISTA Project is an all-women’s empowerment group designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaiʻi System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.