Mindfulness Practice for Stress Management - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Mindfulness Practice for Stress Management
Location: Campus Center 306
Feeling stressed? This month’s Wellness Wednesday hosted by UH Hilo’s Student Health & Wellness Programs will be focused on Mindfulness Practice for Stress Management. This presentation by Dr. David Herzog of UH Hilo’s Student Health and Wellness Programs, Counseling Services is an interactive session to engage student participants in a discussion of the causes of stress, the positive and negative forms of stress, and how negative stress can impair a person’s ability to function optimally.
Student participants will be introduced to the concept of mindfulness and its benefits in managing stress as well as its contributions to enhanced mental functioning as it applies to academic work and relationships to achieve one’s fullest potential. Take the stress off for just one hour and stop by CC 306 on November 13th from either 12PM-1PM or 5PM-6PM. Light refreshments and snacks will be provided.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-932-7458
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: Veterans' Day
11:30a NSE Fall Exchange Fair!
5:45p Swing Dance Practice
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaii and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- Epic Origami at 'Imiloa
- 'Imiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.