Mindfulness Practice for Stress Management - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Mindfulness Practice for Stress Management
Location: Campus Center 306
Feeling stressed? This month’s Wellness Wednesday hosted by UH Hilo’s Student Health & Wellness Programs will be focused on Mindfulness Practice for Stress Management. This presentation by Dr. David Herzog of UH Hilo’s Student Health and Wellness Programs, Counseling Services is an interactive session to engage student participants in a discussion of the causes of stress, the positive and negative forms of stress, and how negative stress can impair a person’s ability to function optimally.
Student participants will be introduced to the concept of mindfulness and its benefits in managing stress as well as its contributions to enhanced mental functioning as it applies to academic work and relationships to achieve one’s fullest potential. Take the stress off for just one hour and stop by CC 306 on November 13th from either 12PM-1PM or 5PM-6PM. Light refreshments and snacks will be provided.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-932-7458
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: Veterans' Day
11:30a NSE Fall Exchange Fair!
5:45p Swing Dance Practice
- Kanilehua Positions Open!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's Student Art & Literary Magazine, published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available!
- Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy White Coat Ceremony
- 83 students from the class of 2018 will recite the Oath of a Pharmacist in an emotional ceremony that signifies the rite of passage for students entering their first year in the professional program.
- APIASF Scholarship
- Native Hawaiian, Asian American & Pacific Islander students are invited to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the Spring 2015 semester. About 10 UH Hilo students will be awarded a $2,500 scholarship for the spring semester. ...
- 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil
- In support for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Violence Interagency Committee and Public Awareness Committee will be coordinating the 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil to remember those who lost their lives to domestic ...
- Calling all female students! Join the SISTA Project!
- The SISTA Project is an all-women’s empowerment group designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. ...
- Board of Student Publications (BOSP) 2014-2015 Applications
- The Board of Student Publications (BOSP) is a Charted Student Organization that oversees the three (3) UH Hilo publications, Ke Kalahea, Hohonu, and Kanilehua. ...
- Volunteers wanted for an e-cigarette study
- We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. The purpose is to interview e-cigarette users on reasons for starting, dual use of conventional cigarettes, and opinions on potential legislation. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.