The Spoon River Project - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Spoon River Project
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
In honor of the 75th Anniversary of the Hilo Community Players, the University of Hawai'i at Hilo Performing Arts Department presents The Spoon River Project, a collaboration between UH Hilo and Hawai`i Island's oldest community theatre organization.
The show was adapted into script form by Tom Andolora, a composer and voice teacher in New York City. UH Hilo Professor Jackie Pualani Johnson has welcomed community director Jake McPherson to co-direct the adaptation of Edgar Lee Masters' free-form poems. McPherson served as president of the Players and has appeared as an actor at UH Hilo and in numerous Players' productions.
The play focuses on the departed residents of Spoon River who speak from the grave, examining life and their longing for what might have been. As the post-Civil war community reflects on the dreams, secrets and regrets of their lives, they paint a gritty and honest portrait of the fictional town. Actors include UH Hilo students and veteran community performers: Juli Dobbs, James Elliott, Erin Gallagher, Le`a Gleason, Dick Hershberger, Willyam Hudson, Sharon Justice, Pedro Ka`awaloa, John Marcus Love, Randal McEndree, Catherine McPherson, Lewis Moore, Jin Piper, Brian Wild, Denyse Woo-Ockerman, and Corey Yester. Musical Direction will be by Christopher Tomich, who fulfills his Senior Project for a degree in Performing Arts, Music Concentration.
Special Restrictions: Open Seating tickets are priced at $12 General, $7 Discount & $5 UH Students with valid ID and Children 17 & under.
For more information, contact: 932-7490
What's also happening?
|Week of November 3, 2013||Next →|
- Fostering Support Group
- A group for UH Hilo students who have spent any part of their upbringing in foster care. The purpose of the group is for members to get support from others in a safe, confidential setting. Please see flyer. ...
- UHHSA Free Morning Beverages
- UHHSA Free Morning Coffee Monday-Friday 9AM-Noon UHHSA Office Room CC-203A
- Join the Student Activities Council!
- The Student Activities Council (SAC) provides programs, activities and services which serve the co-curricular cultural, social, recreational and educational interests of students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- NSE Applications for SY2017-18 available now!
- Considering a National Student Exchange? Pick up your application now! Stop by the Student Services Center, Room E-202, or download your application from our website at hilo.hawaii.edu/studentaffairs/nse/. ...
- APIASF General Scholarship
- Apply for a scholarship from APIASF (Asian and Pacific Islander American Scholarship Foundation) for the 2017-2018 year! Eligibility criteria: Be of Asian American, Native Hawaiian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. ...
- Study Abroad Application Deadline
- Are you interested in studying abroad for the summer 2017 term or spring 2018 semester? If so, please submit your application and supporting documents to the Center for Global Education and Exchange (CGEE) office by 4:30pm on March 1, 2017. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Cards
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignments, report, tests, and more. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- The University Concierge is your one-stop-shop for all campus info and hosts UH Hilo’s Bike Share Program and New Student Programs’ Academic Achievement Awards Cards. ...
- UH Hilo Bike Share Program
- The University Concierge by New Student Programs is proud to offer UH Hilo's new Bike Share Program! All current UH Hilo students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to rent a bicycle to use around town. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.