Hoʻolauleʻa Volunteers Needed! - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Hoʻolauleʻa Volunteers Needed!
Aloha all! The 2014 Hoʻolauleʻa is coming up quickly! And we will need all the volunteers we can get! Ho‘olaule‘a will be on January 18, 2014 from 12pm – 9:30pm in the lower parking lot behind the theater. There will be many areas that we would need volunteers including the information booth, vendors and keiki land. There will also be 2 training days, which will be about 2 hours each. These training hours include separating and prepping items for the event, selecting areas to cover day-of event, and an overview of what to do in certain situations. Volunteers will need to complete a total of 4 hours to receive a shirt and survival kit. These hours can be completed through training and during Ho‘olaule‘a. We are also looking for volunteers who would like to be head volunteers that will work with the Committee’s volunteer chair. All volunteer hours can be signed off as community service for scholarships, grants, clubs, etc.
To sign-up as a volunteer or if you have any questions, you may contact Emily Charman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808-974-7518
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-974-7518
What's also happening?
- ‘Imiloa’s Holiday Craft Corner with Island Scrapbook
- Make a festive Shrinky Dink holiday gift tag using Sister Stamps rubber stamp images on Saturday, December 13 and 20 from 10:30am – 11:30am. This holiday craft project is free to members and part of admission to the ʻImiloa exhibit hall. ...
- Book Drive
- The East-West Center Club is doing a book drive on campus. Books collected will be donated to the World Book Bank, which sends the books to poor developing nations to help build libraries and reduce the illiteracy rates of adults and children. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- The APIASF General Scholarship is open to Asian American and Pacific Islander students who will be enrolling or are currently enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university as a degree-seeking undergraduate student in Fall 2015. ...
- International Nights 2015 Seeking Performers
- The UH Hilo International Student Association invites students to perform in International Nights 2015! The shows will be held on February 6 & 7, 2015 at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- UH Hilo Upward Bound Employment Opportunity
- TUTORS WANTED! ~College students who are proficient in Mathematics, English/Language Arts, Foreign Language, and/or Science~ Duties: • Drive to assigned local or rural high schools • Provide tutoring and write reports documenting ...
- College Goal 808
- College Goal 808 is designed to help students and their families navigate the student financial aid process. The event offers free assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaii System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.