Film: Ola - Health is Everything - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Film: Ola - Health is Everything
Location: UCB 127
UH Hilo’s Student Health & Wellness Programs will be hosting multiple film viewings of "Ola - Health is Everything"
The screenings will be open to UH Hilo, HawCC faculty, staff, students and the community.
The Director of the film will be available for Q&A after the film.
• First viewing is at 12:30PM
• Second viewing is at 2:30PM
This film is a joint collaboration between the DOH and the Hawaiʻi Primary Care Association (HPCA). Ola: Health is Everything recently premiered at the Hawaiʻi International Film Festival in April 2013.
The film is a feature length documentary which explores the widespread social factors that have helped create Hawaii’s current healthcare crisis while highlighting the power of communities to heal themselves. Through this primary care and public health collaboration, we hope to see greater understanding and community mobilization around the critical issue of social determinants of health. Please visit olamovie.com/ for more information.
Director Matthew Nagato:
Director Matthew Nagato is currently the Communications Director of the Hawaiʻi Primary Care Association, a nonprofit public health organization dedicated to improving the health of communities.
He is also the writer, director, and producer of the documentary "Ola - Health is Everything." and has worked in a variety of Hawaiʻi’s health care organizations, applying his diverse expertise in strategic planning, operations management, communications, marketing, product development, and information systems.
In 2011 and 2012, Matthew managed two critically acclaimed media projects, both of which received Gold Pele (AAF) Awards. The Feel Good awareness campaign and the animated “What is a Community Health Center?” project received national and international attention for their clear and inventive use of video to educate and improve advocacy.
He speaks regularly at health care conferences and to medical organizations on system transformation, health care reform, and innovation.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: Veterans' Day
11:30a NSE Fall Exchange Fair!
5:45p Swing Dance Practice
- SAC Four Leaf Clover Hunt
- On March 10–14, 2014, you will see Four leaf clovers posted all over the UH Hilo campus. Collect as much as you can and bring them to the Student Activities Council (SAC) Saint Patricks Day event held on March 17th, 2014.
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2014-2015
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2014-2015 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2014. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
- Global Lens Film Series
- The Global Lens film series returns to UH Hilo this spring! The series a critically acclaimed showcase of award-winning, independent narrative features from around the world. ...
- SAC: Plaza Market Monday
- During the Spring semester, UH Hilo's Student Activities Council (SAC) will sponsor Plaza Market Monday every 2nd and 4th Monday from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. ...
- Swing Dance Club
- Swing Dance Club meets Fridays, 5:45-8:00 pm at the Old Gym! Come join us for a night of instruction, fun, free dancing... and swing!