Film: Ola - Health is Everything - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Film: Ola - Health is Everything
Location: UCB 127
UH Hilo’s Student Health & Wellness Programs will be hosting multiple film viewings of "Ola - Health is Everything"
The screenings will be open to UH Hilo, HawCC faculty, staff, students and the community.
The Director of the film will be available for Q&A after the film.
• First viewing is at 12:30PM
• Second viewing is at 2:30PM
This film is a joint collaboration between the DOH and the Hawaiʻi Primary Care Association (HPCA). Ola: Health is Everything recently premiered at the Hawaiʻi International Film Festival in April 2013.
The film is a feature length documentary which explores the widespread social factors that have helped create Hawaii’s current healthcare crisis while highlighting the power of communities to heal themselves. Through this primary care and public health collaboration, we hope to see greater understanding and community mobilization around the critical issue of social determinants of health. Please visit olamovie.com/ for more information.
Director Matthew Nagato:
Director Matthew Nagato is currently the Communications Director of the Hawaiʻi Primary Care Association, a nonprofit public health organization dedicated to improving the health of communities.
He is also the writer, director, and producer of the documentary "Ola - Health is Everything." and has worked in a variety of Hawaiʻi’s health care organizations, applying his diverse expertise in strategic planning, operations management, communications, marketing, product development, and information systems.
In 2011 and 2012, Matthew managed two critically acclaimed media projects, both of which received Gold Pele (AAF) Awards. The Feel Good awareness campaign and the animated “What is a Community Health Center?” project received national and international attention for their clear and inventive use of video to educate and improve advocacy.
He speaks regularly at health care conferences and to medical organizations on system transformation, health care reform, and innovation.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
|Week of November 10, 2013||Next →|
Holiday observed: Veterans’ Day
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship
- Apply for the APIASF AANAPISI scholarship from APIASF (Asian and Pacific Islander American Scholarship Foundation) for Spring 2017! Eligibility criteria: Be of Asian American or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. ...
- Take a survey, help out UH Hilo, enter to win a great prize
- Your chance to participate in the 2016 National Internship & Co-op Study The purpose of this survey is to gain an understanding of your expectations when participating in an internship or co-op program. ...
- Respectful Relationships Group
- Respectful Relationships is a support group for women who want to strengthen themselves and build connections with others after the experience of trauma or abuse that may have occurred either recently or in the past. ...
- Non-traditional Student Support Group
- This group is for students who are over the age of 25 and may be juggling one or more of the following roles in addition to being a student: parent, spouse, caregiver, bread winner, head of household, community member, and more. ...
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series
- The Campus Center Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program introduces the Student Leadership Series with a Certificate of Leadership for students who complete and attend 7+ leadership sessions. ...
- Weekly Store Shuttles provided by New Student Programs
- Did you know? New Student Programs provides a weekly Store Shuttle Service for students! This semester's shuttles will run Fridays from 5:00-8:00PM and Saturdays from 1:00-4:00PM with service to the Target/Safeway shopping complex. ...
- Fostering Support Group
- A group for UH Hilo students who have spent any part of their upbringing in foster care. The purpose of the group is for members to get support from others in a safe, confidential setting. Please see flyer. ...
- Software Systems for Astronomy July 25-August 5
- Mark your calendar for July 25 - August 5, 2016 (tentatively set) for the second annual Software Systems in Astronomy two week intensive class offered by Professor Albert Conrad. ...
- Join the Student Activities Council!
- The Student Activities Council (SAC) provides programs, activities and services which serve the co-curricular cultural, social, recreational and educational interests of students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- APIASF General Scholarship
- Apply for a scholarship from APIASF (Asian and Pacific Islander American Scholarship Foundation) for the 2017-2018 year! Eligibility criteria: Be of Asian American, Native Hawaiian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Cards
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignments, report, tests, and more. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- The University Concierge is your one-stop-shop for all campus info and hosts UH Hilo’s Bike Share Program and New Student Programs’ Academic Achievement Awards Cards. ...
- UH Hilo Bike Share Program
- The University Concierge by New Student Programs is proud to offer UH Hilo's new Bike Share Program! All current UH Hilo students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to rent a bicycle to use around town. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.