Film: Ola - Health is Everything - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Film: Ola - Health is Everything
Location: UCB 127
UH Hilo’s Student Health & Wellness Programs will be hosting multiple film viewings of "Ola - Health is Everything"
The screenings will be open to UH Hilo, HawCC faculty, staff, students and the community.
The Director of the film will be available for Q&A after the film.
• First viewing is at 12:30PM
• Second viewing is at 2:30PM
This film is a joint collaboration between the DOH and the Hawaiʻi Primary Care Association (HPCA). Ola: Health is Everything recently premiered at the Hawaiʻi International Film Festival in April 2013.
The film is a feature length documentary which explores the widespread social factors that have helped create Hawaii’s current healthcare crisis while highlighting the power of communities to heal themselves. Through this primary care and public health collaboration, we hope to see greater understanding and community mobilization around the critical issue of social determinants of health. Please visit olamovie.com/ for more information.
Director Matthew Nagato:
Director Matthew Nagato is currently the Communications Director of the Hawaiʻi Primary Care Association, a nonprofit public health organization dedicated to improving the health of communities.
He is also the writer, director, and producer of the documentary "Ola - Health is Everything." and has worked in a variety of Hawaiʻi’s health care organizations, applying his diverse expertise in strategic planning, operations management, communications, marketing, product development, and information systems.
In 2011 and 2012, Matthew managed two critically acclaimed media projects, both of which received Gold Pele (AAF) Awards. The Feel Good awareness campaign and the animated “What is a Community Health Center?” project received national and international attention for their clear and inventive use of video to educate and improve advocacy.
He speaks regularly at health care conferences and to medical organizations on system transformation, health care reform, and innovation.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: Veterans' Day
11:30a NSE Fall Exchange Fair!
5:45p Swing Dance Practice
- Book Drive
- The East-West Center Club is doing a book drive on campus. Books collected will be donated to the World Book Bank, which sends the books to poor developing nations to help build libraries and reduce the illiteracy rates of adults and children. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- The APIASF General Scholarship is open to Asian American and Pacific Islander students who will be enrolling or are currently enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university as a degree-seeking undergraduate student in Fall 2015. ...
- International Nights 2015 Seeking Performers
- The UH Hilo International Student Association invites students to perform in International Nights 2015! The shows will be held on February 6 & 7, 2015 at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- UH Hilo Upward Bound Employment Opportunity
- TUTORS WANTED! ~College students who are proficient in Mathematics, English/Language Arts, Foreign Language, and/or Science~ Duties: • Drive to assigned local or rural high schools • Provide tutoring and write reports documenting ...
- College Goal 808
- College Goal 808 is designed to help students and their families navigate the student financial aid process. The event offers free assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaii System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.