Film: Ola - Health is Everything - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Film: Ola - Health is Everything
Location: UCB 127
UH Hilo’s Student Health & Wellness Programs will be hosting multiple film viewings of "Ola - Health is Everything"
The screenings will be open to UH Hilo, HawCC faculty, staff, students and the community.
The Director of the film will be available for Q&A after the film.
• First viewing is at 12:30PM
• Second viewing is at 2:30PM
This film is a joint collaboration between the DOH and the Hawaiʻi Primary Care Association (HPCA). Ola: Health is Everything recently premiered at the Hawaiʻi International Film Festival in April 2013.
The film is a feature length documentary which explores the widespread social factors that have helped create Hawaii’s current healthcare crisis while highlighting the power of communities to heal themselves. Through this primary care and public health collaboration, we hope to see greater understanding and community mobilization around the critical issue of social determinants of health. Please visit olamovie.com/ for more information.
Director Matthew Nagato:
Director Matthew Nagato is currently the Communications Director of the Hawaiʻi Primary Care Association, a nonprofit public health organization dedicated to improving the health of communities.
He is also the writer, director, and producer of the documentary "Ola - Health is Everything." and has worked in a variety of Hawaiʻi’s health care organizations, applying his diverse expertise in strategic planning, operations management, communications, marketing, product development, and information systems.
In 2011 and 2012, Matthew managed two critically acclaimed media projects, both of which received Gold Pele (AAF) Awards. The Feel Good awareness campaign and the animated “What is a Community Health Center?” project received national and international attention for their clear and inventive use of video to educate and improve advocacy.
He speaks regularly at health care conferences and to medical organizations on system transformation, health care reform, and innovation.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: Veterans' Day
11:30a NSE Fall Exchange Fair!
5:45p Swing Dance Practice
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaiʻi and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Applications
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2016-2017 academic year. ...
- Epic Origami at ʻImiloa
- ʻImiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- RISO Orientation and Funding Workshop
- Interested in reapplying as a Registered Independent Student Organization (R.I.S.O.) for the 2015-2016 school year... ...
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Applications
- UH Hilo students of Asian American and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity who are US citizens, nationals or permanent residents (or citizens of the FSM, Palau or the Marshall Islands) are eligible to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.