Swing Club—special event this Friday: Charleston workshop - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Swing Club—special event this Friday: Charleston workshop
Location: Center Stage Dance Studio 64 Keawe Street Hilo 96720
The Swing Club will not be meeting on campus this weekend. Instead, please join us for a special Charleston workshop by visiting instructors Solomon Douglas and Destiny Vigil!
Charleston was the dance that defined the Jazz Age, and when it evolved from the Roaring '20s to later decades, becoming inextricably integrated with Lindy Hop, it never lost that spirit of joyous abandon. It's upbeat, uptempo, lively and a ton of fun. Since it involves a bunch of kicking and bouncing, be prepared for a workout (dance is part of your fitness program, isn't it?)
Several of our club members and officers are going. Join us!
Coming up: Friday, October 11 screening of Where We Danced www.wherewedanced.com/ free
Friday October 18 meeting and practice in the Old Gym 5:45- 7:45 free
Friday October 25 meeting and practice in the Old Gym 5:45- 7:45 free
Friday November 1 meeting and practice in the Old Gym 5:45- 7:45 free
Friday November 8 meeting and practice in the Old Gym 5:45- 7:45 free
Special Restrictions: $20 for non students, $12 for students.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
|Week of September 29, 2013||Next →|
- Holiday Card Drive with SAC and CCS
- Aloha UH Hilo 'Ohana, The UH Hilo Student Activities Council (SAC) and the Campus and Community Service (CCS) program is asking for donations of unused holiday cards to send to our servicemen and servicewomen in December. ...
- Haumana Hou Lounge
- New Student Programs is happy to announce that the Haumana Hou Lounge is beginning and happening every Tuesday! Stop by the Hale Kehau Lounge every Tuesday starting October 20, 2015 for a relaxing place to study. ...
- Register now for Fall 2015 Commencement
- Eight weeks left to register for Fall 2015 Commencement! Register now to participate in graduation ceremonies! graduation.uhhcc.org/ 2015 Fall Commencement Saturday, December 19, 2015 UH Hilo Vulcan Gymnasium
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
- International Nights: You're Invited to Perform
- The UH Hilo International Student Association invites individuals and groups to perform at International Nights, scheduled for February 19 & 20, 2016. Submit the online application form at go.hawaii.edu/H7. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- Apply for a scholarship from APIASF (Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Foundation)! Eligibility criteria: Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. ...
- UH Hilo Bike Share Program
- The University Concierge by New Student Programs is proud to offer UH Hilo's new Bike Share Program! All current students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to borrow a bicycle to run errands around town. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- UH Hilo welcomes the newest service to support our university and community ‘ohana. Introducing The University Concierge. Located on the first floor of the Student Services Center, The University Concierge is a gateway for campus information. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Card
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignment, report, tests, and more. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.