Swing Club—special event this Friday: Charleston workshop - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Swing Club—special event this Friday: Charleston workshop
Location: Center Stage Dance Studio 64 Keawe Street Hilo 96720
The Swing Club will not be meeting on campus this weekend. Instead, please join us for a special Charleston workshop by visiting instructors Solomon Douglas and Destiny Vigil!
Charleston was the dance that defined the Jazz Age, and when it evolved from the Roaring '20s to later decades, becoming inextricably integrated with Lindy Hop, it never lost that spirit of joyous abandon. It's upbeat, uptempo, lively and a ton of fun. Since it involves a bunch of kicking and bouncing, be prepared for a workout (dance is part of your fitness program, isn't it?)
Several of our club members and officers are going. Join us!
Coming up: Friday, October 11 screening of Where We Danced www.wherewedanced.com/ free
Friday October 18 meeting and practice in the Old Gym 5:45- 7:45 free
Friday October 25 meeting and practice in the Old Gym 5:45- 7:45 free
Friday November 1 meeting and practice in the Old Gym 5:45- 7:45 free
Friday November 8 meeting and practice in the Old Gym 5:45- 7:45 free
Special Restrictions: $20 for non students, $12 for students.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
|September 2013/October 2013|
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaiʻi and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Applications
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2016-2017 academic year. ...
- Epic Origami at ʻImiloa
- ʻImiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- RISO Orientation and Funding Workshop
- Interested in reapplying as a Registered Independent Student Organization (R.I.S.O.) for the 2015-2016 school year... ...
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Applications
- UH Hilo students of Asian American and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity who are US citizens, nationals or permanent residents (or citizens of the FSM, Palau or the Marshall Islands) are eligible to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.