Swing Club—special event this Friday: Charleston workshop - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Swing Club—special event this Friday: Charleston workshop
Location: Center Stage Dance Studio 64 Keawe Street Hilo 96720
The Swing Club will not be meeting on campus this weekend. Instead, please join us for a special Charleston workshop by visiting instructors Solomon Douglas and Destiny Vigil!
Charleston was the dance that defined the Jazz Age, and when it evolved from the Roaring '20s to later decades, becoming inextricably integrated with Lindy Hop, it never lost that spirit of joyous abandon. It's upbeat, uptempo, lively and a ton of fun. Since it involves a bunch of kicking and bouncing, be prepared for a workout (dance is part of your fitness program, isn't it?)
Several of our club members and officers are going. Join us!
Coming up: Friday, October 11 screening of Where We Danced www.wherewedanced.com/ free
Friday October 18 meeting and practice in the Old Gym 5:45- 7:45 free
Friday October 25 meeting and practice in the Old Gym 5:45- 7:45 free
Friday November 1 meeting and practice in the Old Gym 5:45- 7:45 free
Friday November 8 meeting and practice in the Old Gym 5:45- 7:45 free
Special Restrictions: $20 for non students, $12 for students.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
|September 2013/October 2013|
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa will begin on Tuesday, September 23rd and run thru Friday, September 26th. A week of practitioner demonstrations in the atrium will be free to the public and lead up to a Tahitian show “under the stars” in the ...
- Student Parking at the Hilo YMCA
- Limited free and paid parking is available at the Hilo YMCA on Lanikaula Street, across from the UH Hilo main campus. More information is at the YMCA office or call 935-3721.
- Sign up for the Women's Speed Mentoring Program!
- The Women's Speed Mentoring Program is an opportunity to connect with professional and successful women from organizations such as: AAUW-American Association of University Women, ZONTA and UH Hilo Women's Center, whom are working together this ...
- Kanilehua Positions Open!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's Student Art & Literary Magazine, published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available!
- Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- 9/16 Update on the Puna Lava Flow
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College are closely monitoring the June 27th lava flow from Kīlauea and are currently formulating contingency plans to address various issues that may arise. ...
- 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil
- In support for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Violence Interagency Committee and Public Awareness Committee will be coordinating the 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil to remember those who lost their lives to domestic ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.