First meeting of the Swing Club - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
First meeting of the Swing Club
Location: Old Gym
Aloha dancers and would-be dancers,
Great news--we have the Old Gym for practice this year! The wooden floor is ideal for dancing, smooth enough for turns and easy on the joints. (Those of us who have danced on concrete can appreciate this.)
Our first, planning meeting will be Tuesday, October 1 at 5:45 pm. We'll elect officers, and then try out the dance floor!
The event is free. All levels are welcome, including complete beginner. It's not necessary to attend with a partner; we rotate partners during practice.
Think about what role you would like to serve in the club. RISO leadership positions provide useful experience, don't take too much time, and look great on your resume!
Swing dancing looks like this: youtu.be/-DbQTcqaBD4
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
|September 2013/October 2013|
- University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association
- Want to make a difference? Get involved with the University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA)! We act as a liaison between the student body and the college administration through active collaboration with faculty, the University ...
- Student Life Center
- The Student Life Center will be CLOSED on Monday, Sep. 7th, 2015 (Labor Day).
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Applications
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2016-2017 academic year. ...
- Epic Origami at ʻImiloa
- ʻImiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- Yellow Ribbon Program: One Slot Available
- I am pleased to announce that a slot has opened up in the Yellow Ribbon Program here at UH Hilo. This program is designed to help pay the difference between the highest in-state tuition (which is what the VA allots) and non-resident tuition. ...
- RISO Orientation and Funding Workshop
- Interested in reapplying as a Registered Independent Student Organization (R.I.S.O.) for the 2015-2016 school year... ...
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Applications
- UH Hilo students of Asian American and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity who are US citizens, nationals or permanent residents (or citizens of the FSM, Palau or the Marshall Islands) are eligible to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the ...
- Calling all Female Students! Join the SISTA Project!
- The SISTA Project is an all-women’s empowerment group designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. ...
- 20th Annual Make A Difference Day
- Make A Difference Day is an annual event that will be on Saturday, October 24, 2015. As we have since 1995, we will be focusing on UH Hilo campus projects, including, gardening, weeding, general maintenance and campus beautification. ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- Apply for a scholarship from APIASF (Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Foundation)! Eligibility criteria: Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. ...
- UH Hilo Bike Share Program
- The University Concierge by New Student Programs is proud to offer UH Hilo's new Bike Share Program! All current students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to borrow a bicycle to run errands around town. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- UH Hilo welcomes the newest service to support our university and community ‘ohana. Introducing The University Concierge. Located on the first floor of the Student Services Center, The University Concierge is a gateway for campus information. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.