First meeting of the Swing Club - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
First meeting of the Swing Club
Location: Old Gym
Aloha dancers and would-be dancers,
Great news--we have the Old Gym for practice this year! The wooden floor is ideal for dancing, smooth enough for turns and easy on the joints. (Those of us who have danced on concrete can appreciate this.)
Our first, planning meeting will be Tuesday, October 1 at 5:45 pm. We'll elect officers, and then try out the dance floor!
The event is free. All levels are welcome, including complete beginner. It's not necessary to attend with a partner; we rotate partners during practice.
Think about what role you would like to serve in the club. RISO leadership positions provide useful experience, don't take too much time, and look great on your resume!
Swing dancing looks like this: youtu.be/-DbQTcqaBD4
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
|September 2013/October 2013|
- SAC Four Leaf Clover Hunt
- On March 10–14, 2014, you will see Four leaf clovers posted all over the UH Hilo campus. Collect as much as you can and bring them to the Student Activities Council (SAC) Saint Patricks Day event held on March 17th, 2014.
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2014-2015
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2014-2015 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2014. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
- Global Lens Film Series
- The Global Lens film series returns to UH Hilo this spring! The series a critically acclaimed showcase of award-winning, independent narrative features from around the world. ...
- SAC: Plaza Market Monday
- During the Spring semester, UH Hilo's Student Activities Council (SAC) will sponsor Plaza Market Monday every 2nd and 4th Monday from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. ...
- Swing Dance Club
- Swing Dance Club meets Fridays, 5:45-8:00 pm at the Old Gym! Come join us for a night of instruction, fun, free dancing... and swing!