First meeting of the Swing Club - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
First meeting of the Swing Club
Location: Old Gym
Aloha dancers and would-be dancers,
Great news--we have the Old Gym for practice this year! The wooden floor is ideal for dancing, smooth enough for turns and easy on the joints. (Those of us who have danced on concrete can appreciate this.)
Our first, planning meeting will be Tuesday, October 1 at 5:45 pm. We'll elect officers, and then try out the dance floor!
The event is free. All levels are welcome, including complete beginner. It's not necessary to attend with a partner; we rotate partners during practice.
Think about what role you would like to serve in the club. RISO leadership positions provide useful experience, don't take too much time, and look great on your resume!
Swing dancing looks like this: youtu.be/-DbQTcqaBD4
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
|September 2013/October 2013|
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaiʻi and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Applications
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2016-2017 academic year. ...
- Epic Origami at ʻImiloa
- ʻImiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- RISO Orientation and Funding Workshop
- Interested in reapplying as a Registered Independent Student Organization (R.I.S.O.) for the 2015-2016 school year... ...
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Applications
- UH Hilo students of Asian American and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity who are US citizens, nationals or permanent residents (or citizens of the FSM, Palau or the Marshall Islands) are eligible to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.