UH Participates In National Cyber Security Awareness Month - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
UH Participates In National Cyber Security Awareness Month
During the month of October, in support of National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM), the UH Information Security Team (InfoSec) will hold informational workshops and promote online articles to highlight the importance of practicing secure computing habits in cyberspace. Through a series of articles, in combination with informational workshops, the InfoSec Team will provide tips and techniques to help you safeguard your personal information and deter identity theft.
This year is the 10th anniversary of NCSAM sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security in cooperation with the National Cyber Security Alliance and the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center to raise awareness and educate the community about the importance of cyber security.
The InfoSec Team will conduct two workshops which will be broadcast on the UH Hawaii Interactive Video Service (HITS): October 2, Privacy and Security; October 17, Current Cyber Threats and Preventing Cyber Crime. For more information about UH NCSAM activities and to register for these workshops, visit: www.hawaii.edu/infosec
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 956-9393
What's also happening?
- Calling all Female Students! Join the SISTA Project Today!
- The SISTA Project is an all-women’s empowerment group designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaiʻi System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.