UH Participates In National Cyber Security Awareness Month - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
UH Participates In National Cyber Security Awareness Month
During the month of October, in support of National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM), the UH Information Security Team (InfoSec) will hold informational workshops and promote online articles to highlight the importance of practicing secure computing habits in cyberspace. Through a series of articles, in combination with informational workshops, the InfoSec Team will provide tips and techniques to help you safeguard your personal information and deter identity theft.
This year is the 10th anniversary of NCSAM sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security in cooperation with the National Cyber Security Alliance and the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center to raise awareness and educate the community about the importance of cyber security.
The InfoSec Team will conduct two workshops which will be broadcast on the UH Hawaii Interactive Video Service (HITS): October 2, Privacy and Security; October 17, Current Cyber Threats and Preventing Cyber Crime. For more information about UH NCSAM activities and to register for these workshops, visit: www.hawaii.edu/infosec
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 956-9393
What's also happening?
|Week of October 27, 2013||Next →|
- Haumana Hou Lounge
- New Student Programs is happy to announce that the Haumana Hou Lounge is happening every Tuesday at a NEW location! Stop by room W201 of the Student Services Building/Center every Tuesday starting January 26, 2016 for a relaxing place to study. ...
- UH Hilo Bike Share Program
- The University Concierge by New Student Programs is proud to offer UH Hilo's new Bike Share Program! All current students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to borrow a bicycle to run errands around town. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- UH Hilo welcomes the newest service to support our university and community ‘ohana. Introducing The University Concierge. Located on the first floor of the Student Services Center, The University Concierge is a gateway for campus information. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Card
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignment, report, tests, and more. ...
- Drop-In Resumé Critique
- Need advice on how to improve your resumé? Drop in to the Career and Academic Advising Center (Student Services Center, E203) for a resumé critique with Lyssa on Tuesdays, between 1:00-3:30 pm. No appointment necessary.
- Bicycles Wanted!
- The Bike Share Program by New Student Programs (NSP) is in search of bicycles! We gladly accept any bicycle donations throughout the year. ...
- Software Systems for Astronomy July 25-August 5
- Mark your calendar for July 25 - August 5, 2016 (tentatively set) for the second annual Software Systems in Astronomy two week intensive class offered by Professor Albert Conrad. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.