UH Participates In National Cyber Security Awareness Month - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
UH Participates In National Cyber Security Awareness Month
During the month of October, in support of National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM), the UH Information Security Team (InfoSec) will hold informational workshops and promote online articles to highlight the importance of practicing secure computing habits in cyberspace. Through a series of articles, in combination with informational workshops, the InfoSec Team will provide tips and techniques to help you safeguard your personal information and deter identity theft.
This year is the 10th anniversary of NCSAM sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security in cooperation with the National Cyber Security Alliance and the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center to raise awareness and educate the community about the importance of cyber security.
The InfoSec Team will conduct two workshops which will be broadcast on the UH Hawaii Interactive Video Service (HITS): October 2, Privacy and Security; October 17, Current Cyber Threats and Preventing Cyber Crime. For more information about UH NCSAM activities and to register for these workshops, visit: www.hawaii.edu/infosec
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 956-9393
What's also happening?
|Week of October 27, 2013||Next →|
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaii and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- Software Systems for Astronomy July 25-August 5
- Mark your calendar for July 25 - August 5, 2016 (tentatively set) for the second annual Software Systems in Astronomy two week intensive class offered by Professor Albert Conrad. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.