UH Participates In National Cyber Security Awareness Month - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
UH Participates In National Cyber Security Awareness Month
During the month of October, in support of National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM), the UH Information Security Team (InfoSec) will hold informational workshops and promote online articles to highlight the importance of practicing secure computing habits in cyberspace. Through a series of articles, in combination with informational workshops, the InfoSec Team will provide tips and techniques to help you safeguard your personal information and deter identity theft.
This year is the 10th anniversary of NCSAM sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security in cooperation with the National Cyber Security Alliance and the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center to raise awareness and educate the community about the importance of cyber security.
The InfoSec Team will conduct two workshops which will be broadcast on the UH Hawaii Interactive Video Service (HITS): October 2, Privacy and Security; October 17, Current Cyber Threats and Preventing Cyber Crime. For more information about UH NCSAM activities and to register for these workshops, visit: www.hawaii.edu/infosec
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 956-9393
What's also happening?
6:15p Vulcan Pep Rally
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa will begin on Tuesday, September 23rd and run thru Friday, September 26th. A week of practitioner demonstrations in the atrium will be free to the public and lead up to a Tahitian show “under the stars” in the ...
- Student Parking at the Hilo YMCA
- Limited free and paid parking is available at the Hilo YMCA on Lanikaula Street, across from the UH Hilo main campus. More information is at the YMCA office or call 935-3721.
- Sign up for the Women's Speed Mentoring Program!
- The Women's Speed Mentoring Program is an opportunity to connect with professional and successful women from organizations such as: AAUW-American Association of University Women, ZONTA and UH Hilo Women's Center, whom are working together this ...
- Kanilehua Positions Open!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's Student Art & Literary Magazine, published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available!
- Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil
- In support for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Violence Interagency Committee and Public Awareness Committee will be coordinating the 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil to remember those who lost their lives to domestic ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.