Nnenna Freelon and Trio - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Nnenna Freelon and Trio
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
UH Hilo Performing Arts Center presents world-renowned jazz singer and six time GRAMMY ® Award nominee Nnenna Freelon. Ms Freelon will appear with her trio, Miki Hayama on piano, Alfred Batchelor on upright bass, and Leon Joyce on drums. Ms. Freelon has earned a well-deserved reputation as a compelling and captivating live performer. Recently, she triumphed in two productions: first, with Opera Superstar Jessye Norman and the Indie phenom band The Roots in composer Laura Karpman’s undertaking of Langston Hughes’ “Ask Your Mama” at The Apollo Thater and The Hollywood Bowl and, second, in SRO-shows at the Tanglewood Jazz Festival with the Duke Ellington- inspired “Dreaming The Duke” with classical star Harolyn Blackwell and pop-jazz-crossover pianist Mike Garson. The versatile songstress quickly followed that with notable turns with a featured song on TV’s # 1 cable hit Mad Men, and a new collaboration on tour with legendary guitarist Earl Klugh in a stunning duet format.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are reserved seating: $25 General, $20 Discount, $12 UH Hilo/HCC Student & Children 17 & under.
For more information, contact: artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu 974-7310
Tags: Performing Arts Center
What's also happening?
7:30p Nnenna Freelon and Trio
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa will begin on Tuesday, September 23rd and run thru Friday, September 26th. A week of practitioner demonstrations in the atrium will be free to the public and lead up to a Tahitian show “under the stars” in the ...
- Student Parking at the Hilo YMCA
- Limited free and paid parking is available at the Hilo YMCA on Lanikaula Street, across from the UH Hilo main campus. More information is at the YMCA office or call 935-3721.
- Sign up for the Women's Speed Mentoring Program!
- The Women's Speed Mentoring Program is an opportunity to connect with professional and successful women from organizations such as: AAUW-American Association of University Women, ZONTA and UH Hilo Women's Center, whom are working together this ...
- Kanilehua Positions Open!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's Student Art & Literary Magazine, published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available!
- Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil
- In support for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Violence Interagency Committee and Public Awareness Committee will be coordinating the 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil to remember those who lost their lives to domestic ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.