Nnenna Freelon and Trio - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Nnenna Freelon and Trio
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
UH Hilo Performing Arts Center presents world-renowned jazz singer and six time GRAMMY ® Award nominee Nnenna Freelon. Ms Freelon will appear with her trio, Miki Hayama on piano, Alfred Batchelor on upright bass, and Leon Joyce on drums. Ms. Freelon has earned a well-deserved reputation as a compelling and captivating live performer. Recently, she triumphed in two productions: first, with Opera Superstar Jessye Norman and the Indie phenom band The Roots in composer Laura Karpman’s undertaking of Langston Hughes’ “Ask Your Mama” at The Apollo Thater and The Hollywood Bowl and, second, in SRO-shows at the Tanglewood Jazz Festival with the Duke Ellington- inspired “Dreaming The Duke” with classical star Harolyn Blackwell and pop-jazz-crossover pianist Mike Garson. The versatile songstress quickly followed that with notable turns with a featured song on TV’s # 1 cable hit Mad Men, and a new collaboration on tour with legendary guitarist Earl Klugh in a stunning duet format.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are reserved seating: $25 General, $20 Discount, $12 UH Hilo/HCC Student & Children 17 & under.
For more information, contact: artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu 974-7310
Tags: Performing Arts Center
What's also happening?
7:30p Nnenna Freelon and Trio
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaiʻi and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Applications
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2016-2017 academic year. ...
- Epic Origami at ʻImiloa
- ʻImiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- RISO Orientation and Funding Workshop
- Interested in reapplying as a Registered Independent Student Organization (R.I.S.O.) for the 2015-2016 school year... ...
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Applications
- UH Hilo students of Asian American and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity who are US citizens, nationals or permanent residents (or citizens of the FSM, Palau or the Marshall Islands) are eligible to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.