Is Climate Change a Threat to World Peace? - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Is Climate Change a Threat to World Peace?
Location: UCB Room 127
A showing of the award-winning film called Climate Refugees at 3:30 pm, followed by a talk by Professor Maxine Burkett of the UH School of Law at 5:00 pm. Dr. Burkett's talk will be on understanding climate vulnerability and the challenge of climate-induced migration around the world, including in the Pacific Islands. Free and open to the public. Supported by the US Institute of Peace Public Education for Peacebuilding Support Initiative.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-974-7313
What's also happening?
6:30p Vulcans Got Talent!
- SAC Four Leaf Clover Hunt
- On March 10–14, 2014, you will see Four leaf clovers posted all over the UH Hilo campus. Collect as much as you can and bring them to the Student Activities Council (SAC) Saint Patricks Day event held on March 17th, 2014.
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2014-2015
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2014-2015 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2014. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
- Global Lens Film Series
- The Global Lens film series returns to UH Hilo this spring! The series a critically acclaimed showcase of award-winning, independent narrative features from around the world. ...
- SAC: Plaza Market Monday
- During the Spring semester, UH Hilo's Student Activities Council (SAC) will sponsor Plaza Market Monday every 2nd and 4th Monday from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. ...
- Swing Dance Club
- Swing Dance Club meets Fridays, 5:45-8:00 pm at the Old Gym! Come join us for a night of instruction, fun, free dancing... and swing!