Is Climate Change a Threat to World Peace? - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Is Climate Change a Threat to World Peace?
Location: UCB Room 127
A showing of the award-winning film called Climate Refugees at 3:30 pm, followed by a talk by Professor Maxine Burkett of the UH School of Law at 5:00 pm. Dr. Burkett's talk will be on understanding climate vulnerability and the challenge of climate-induced migration around the world, including in the Pacific Islands. Free and open to the public. Supported by the US Institute of Peace Public Education for Peacebuilding Support Initiative.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-974-7313
What's also happening?
6:30p Vulcans Got Talent!
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaii and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- Epic Origami at 'Imiloa
- 'Imiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.