Is Climate Change a Threat to World Peace? - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Is Climate Change a Threat to World Peace?
Location: UCB Room 127
A showing of the award-winning film called Climate Refugees at 3:30 pm, followed by a talk by Professor Maxine Burkett of the UH School of Law at 5:00 pm. Dr. Burkett's talk will be on understanding climate vulnerability and the challenge of climate-induced migration around the world, including in the Pacific Islands. Free and open to the public. Supported by the US Institute of Peace Public Education for Peacebuilding Support Initiative.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-974-7313
What's also happening?
6:30p Vulcans Got Talent!
- Honoring Diversity Workshop
- "Honoring Diversity for a Caring and Inclusive Campus" April 1st. 2015 in Campus Center Rm 301 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM **Continental Breakfast Provided** This workshop promotes an understanding of diversity that creates cultural ...
- Positions Available for Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine
- We are currently looking for creative and hardworking UH Hilo students to fill the positions at Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine. ...
- Nominations Being Accepted for Ka Lama Ku Recognition Awards
- Nominations for the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Recognition Awards Now Being Accepted for 2014/2015 School Year by students, faculty, staff and community members. ...
- UH Hilo Food Drive
- 1 can, 2 can, 3 can, MORE! It's time for UH Hilo's annual canned food drive to help out our community partner, the Hawai'i Food Basket. ...
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study Hello University of Hawaii students, We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. ...
- Note Takers Needed--FALL 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.