Conservation Career Day - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Conservation Career Day
Location: UH Hilo Campus Center
UH Manoa, UH Hilo PIPES Program, USDA Forest Service, and Friends of Hakalau NWR are excited to share career opportunities in the fields of natural resource management and conservation biology on Saturday May 4th at UH Hilo. Conservation Career Day is focused on showcasing local internship and professional career opportunities in natural resource management and conservation biology, as well as higher education degree programs in Hawaii available to prepare local youth for careers in these areas. The event is free and open to the public, and will have a diverse array of organizations and programs to share with the public and is especially geared for middle/high-school students and their families. Feel free to stop by for as little as a half-hour or stay for the entire event. We'll be showcasing 2 short educational films; "Huliau" & "Endangered Hawaii" in addition to the informational opportunities.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-933-0705
What's also happening?
|Week of April 28, 2013||Next →|
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaii and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- Software Systems for Astronomy July 25-August 5
- Mark your calendar for July 25 - August 5, 2016 (tentatively set) for the second annual Software Systems in Astronomy two week intensive class offered by Professor Albert Conrad. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.