Conservation Career Day - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Conservation Career Day
Location: UH Hilo Campus Center
UH Manoa, UH Hilo PIPES Program, USDA Forest Service, and Friends of Hakalau NWR are excited to share career opportunities in the fields of natural resource management and conservation biology on Saturday May 4th at UH Hilo. Conservation Career Day is focused on showcasing local internship and professional career opportunities in natural resource management and conservation biology, as well as higher education degree programs in Hawaii available to prepare local youth for careers in these areas. The event is free and open to the public, and will have a diverse array of organizations and programs to share with the public and is especially geared for middle/high-school students and their families. Feel free to stop by for as little as a half-hour or stay for the entire event. We'll be showcasing 2 short educational films; "Huliau" & "Endangered Hawaii" in addition to the informational opportunities.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-933-0705
What's also happening?
|Week of April 28, 2013||Next →|
- Anti-Poverty Organizing and Advocacy Fellowship
- RESULTS is an international non-profit based in Washington, DC that advocates for the end of poverty in the US and across the world by promoting access to health, education, and economic opportunity. ...
- Haumana Hou Lounge
- New Student Programs is happy to announce that the Haumana Hou Lounge is happening every Tuesday at a NEW location! Stop by room W201 of the Student Services Building/Center every Tuesday starting January 26, 2016 for a relaxing place to study. ...
- UH Hilo Bike Share Program
- The University Concierge by New Student Programs is proud to offer UH Hilo's new Bike Share Program! All current students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to borrow a bicycle to run errands around town. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- UH Hilo welcomes the newest service to support our university and community ‘ohana. Introducing The University Concierge. Located on the first floor of the Student Services Center, The University Concierge is a gateway for campus information. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Card
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignment, report, tests, and more. ...
- Drop-In Resumé Critique
- Need advice on how to improve your resumé? Drop in to the Career and Academic Advising Center (Student Services Center, E203) for a resumé critique with Lyssa on Tuesdays, between 1:00-3:30 pm. No appointment necessary.
- Bicycles Wanted!
- The Bike Share Program by New Student Programs (NSP) is in search of bicycles! We gladly accept any bicycle donations throughout the year. ...
- Software Systems for Astronomy July 25-August 5
- Mark your calendar for July 25 - August 5, 2016 (tentatively set) for the second annual Software Systems in Astronomy two week intensive class offered by Professor Albert Conrad. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.