Love the Way You Lie - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Love the Way You Lie
Location: STB 108
“Love the Way You Lie” will address responses to Gender Based Violence. What do you do when you hear yelling in your neighbor’s house? Can I press charges? Can I drop charges against my partner if I change my mind? What about the children? What can men do to help? This will give you practical and real skills and information. There are tools to help your friend or yourself. We will watch the short video with Eminem and Rhianna and do a brief discussion and then a panel with Dale Ross –Prosecutor’s Office, Hawaii County, Heidi Koop-Director for Hawaii Island Child and Family Services, Sulma Gandhi-UH Hilo Director for Health and Wellness, Andrew Polloi-Advisor for UH Hilo Men of Strength, and Special Guest Charlene Iboshi – Former Prosecuting Attorney. It is moderated by Hannah Wu, Coordinator for the Women’s Center. The Prosecutor’s Office, YWCA, AAUW, CFS, and UH Hilo Offices will have resources for all attendees and be available to speak with you after the program.
Thursday, April 25th from 4:30PM-6PM on the UH Hilo Campus in STB 108 (Science and Technology Building). You can enter from the Lanikaula Street entrance and parking is free after 4PM. Please feel free to forward to anyone you think may be interested in attending!
This is sponsored by AAUW-Hilo Chapter, UH Hilo Women Studies Program , and the UH Hilo Women’s Center. For disability information, please contact the Women’s Center at 808-974-7306 or email@example.com.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7306
What's also happening?
4:30p Love the Way You Lie
7:30p Musica Pacifica
- University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association
- Want to make a difference? Get involved with the University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA)! We act as a liaison between the student body and the college administration through active collaboration with faculty, the University ...
- Student Life Center
- The Student Life Center will be CLOSED on Monday, Sep. 7th, 2015 (Labor Day).
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Applications
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2016-2017 academic year. ...
- Epic Origami at ʻImiloa
- ʻImiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- Yellow Ribbon Program: One Slot Available
- I am pleased to announce that a slot has opened up in the Yellow Ribbon Program here at UH Hilo. This program is designed to help pay the difference between the highest in-state tuition (which is what the VA allots) and non-resident tuition. ...
- RISO Orientation and Funding Workshop
- Interested in reapplying as a Registered Independent Student Organization (R.I.S.O.) for the 2015-2016 school year... ...
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Applications
- UH Hilo students of Asian American and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity who are US citizens, nationals or permanent residents (or citizens of the FSM, Palau or the Marshall Islands) are eligible to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the ...
- Calling all Female Students! Join the SISTA Project!
- The SISTA Project is an all-women’s empowerment group designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. ...
- 20th Annual Make A Difference Day
- Make A Difference Day is an annual event that will be on Saturday, October 24, 2015. As we have since 1995, we will be focusing on UH Hilo campus projects, including, gardening, weeding, general maintenance and campus beautification. ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- Apply for a scholarship from APIASF (Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Foundation)! Eligibility criteria: Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. ...
- UH Hilo Bike Share Program
- The University Concierge by New Student Programs is proud to offer UH Hilo's new Bike Share Program! All current students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to borrow a bicycle to run errands around town. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- UH Hilo welcomes the newest service to support our university and community ‘ohana. Introducing The University Concierge. Located on the first floor of the Student Services Center, The University Concierge is a gateway for campus information. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.