Love the Way You Lie - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Love the Way You Lie
Thursday, April 25, 2013, 4:30pm to 6pm
@ STB 108
“Love the Way You Lie” will address responses to Gender Based Violence. What do you do when you hear yelling in your neighbor’s house? Can I press charges? Can I drop charges against my partner if I change my mind? What about the children? What can men do to help? This will give you practical and real skills and information. There are tools to help your friend or yourself. We will watch the short video with Eminem and Rhianna and do a brief discussion and then a panel with Dale Ross –Prosecutor’s Office, Hawaii County, Heidi Koop-Director for Hawaii Island Child and Family Services, Sulma Gandhi-UH Hilo Director for Health and Wellness, Andrew Polloi-Advisor for UH Hilo Men of Strength, and Special Guest Charlene Iboshi – Former Prosecuting Attorney. It is moderated by Hannah Wu, Coordinator for the Women’s Center. The Prosecutor’s Office, YWCA, AAUW, CFS, and UH Hilo Offices will have resources for all attendees and be available to speak with you after the program.
Thursday, April 25th from 4:30PM-6PM on the UH Hilo Campus in STB 108 (Science and Technology Building). You can enter from the Lanikaula Street entrance and parking is free after 4PM. Please feel free to forward to anyone you think may be interested in attending!
This is sponsored by AAUW-Hilo Chapter, UH Hilo Women Studies Program , and the UH Hilo Women’s Center. For disability information, please contact the Women’s Center at 808-974-7306 or email@example.com.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7306
What's also happening?
4:30p Love the Way You Lie
7:30p Musica Pacifica
- SAC Winter Wonderland
- Come join your Student Activity Council (SAC) with a week long Winter Wonderland decoration. On the FIRST week of December only
- Ke Kalahea Website
- Ke Kalahea, the Herald, announces the debut of its new website! Check it out at kalahea.wordpress.com
- SAC Plaza Market Mondays
- UH Hilo students will be able to stop by in Campus Center Plaza every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month and browse through a little market. Contact SAC about securing a booth space.
- SAC Vulcan Game Ticket Giveaways
- SAC will be randomly giving away a Vulcan Game ticket to a UH Hilo Student with a valid student Id so keep a look out. It will be given at a SAC approved event or on our Facebook page so add us at facebook.com/uhhsac.
- International Nights 2014
- Groups and individuals who wish to perform at this year's International Nights are invited to submit a Participation Form. The form is online at hilo.hawaii.edu/studentaffairs/international/IN.php . Deadline is December 1, 2013. ...
- Ho‘olaule‘a Volunteers Needed!
- Aloha all! The 2014 Ho‘olaule‘a is coming up quickly! And we will need all the volunteers we can get! Ho‘olaule‘a will be on January 18, 2014 from 12pm – 9:30pm in the lower parking lot behind the theater. ...
- College Goal 808
- College Goal 808 is designed to help students and their families navigate the student financial aid process. The event offers free assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available
- Hohonu, the UH Hilo student academic journal is looking to fill staff positions for the 2013-2014 school year. If you are want to join the Hohonu Team, you can find the application on hilo.hawaii.edu/academics/hohonu/ or in Campus Center 210.
- Kanilehua Positions Available!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's student art & literary magazine. We publish creative fiction, non-fiction, poetry, visual, and multi-media arts to showcase the talent of UH Hilo students. ...
- University of Hawaii System Common Scholarship Application
- UH Hilo students are able to apply for both University of Hawaii System scholarships as well as UH Hilo scholarships on ONE application. The University of Hawaii System Common Scholarship Application will be available beginning December 1, 2013. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2014-2015
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2014-2015 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2014. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...