Love the Way You Lie - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Love the Way You Lie
Location: STB 108
“Love the Way You Lie” will address responses to Gender Based Violence. What do you do when you hear yelling in your neighbor’s house? Can I press charges? Can I drop charges against my partner if I change my mind? What about the children? What can men do to help? This will give you practical and real skills and information. There are tools to help your friend or yourself. We will watch the short video with Eminem and Rhianna and do a brief discussion and then a panel with Dale Ross –Prosecutor’s Office, Hawaii County, Heidi Koop-Director for Hawaii Island Child and Family Services, Sulma Gandhi-UH Hilo Director for Health and Wellness, Andrew Polloi-Advisor for UH Hilo Men of Strength, and Special Guest Charlene Iboshi – Former Prosecuting Attorney. It is moderated by Hannah Wu, Coordinator for the Women’s Center. The Prosecutor’s Office, YWCA, AAUW, CFS, and UH Hilo Offices will have resources for all attendees and be available to speak with you after the program.
Thursday, April 25th from 4:30PM-6PM on the UH Hilo Campus in STB 108 (Science and Technology Building). You can enter from the Lanikaula Street entrance and parking is free after 4PM. Please feel free to forward to anyone you think may be interested in attending!
This is sponsored by AAUW-Hilo Chapter, UH Hilo Women Studies Program , and the UH Hilo Women’s Center. For disability information, please contact the Women’s Center at 808-974-7306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 974-7306
What's also happening?
4:30p Love the Way You Lie
7:30p Musica Pacifica
- SAC Four Leaf Clover Hunt
- On March 10–14, 2014, you will see Four leaf clovers posted all over the UH Hilo campus. Collect as much as you can and bring them to the Student Activities Council (SAC) Saint Patricks Day event held on March 17th, 2014.
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2014-2015
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2014-2015 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2014. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
- Global Lens Film Series
- The Global Lens film series returns to UH Hilo this spring! The series a critically acclaimed showcase of award-winning, independent narrative features from around the world. ...
- SAC: Plaza Market Monday
- During the Spring semester, UH Hilo's Student Activities Council (SAC) will sponsor Plaza Market Monday every 2nd and 4th Monday from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. ...
- Swing Dance Club
- Swing Dance Club meets Fridays, 5:45-8:00 pm at the Old Gym! Come join us for a night of instruction, fun, free dancing... and swing!