Love the Way You Lie - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Love the Way You Lie
Location: STB 108
“Love the Way You Lie” will address responses to Gender Based Violence. What do you do when you hear yelling in your neighbor’s house? Can I press charges? Can I drop charges against my partner if I change my mind? What about the children? What can men do to help? This will give you practical and real skills and information. There are tools to help your friend or yourself. We will watch the short video with Eminem and Rhianna and do a brief discussion and then a panel with Dale Ross –Prosecutor’s Office, Hawaii County, Heidi Koop-Director for Hawaii Island Child and Family Services, Sulma Gandhi-UH Hilo Director for Health and Wellness, Andrew Polloi-Advisor for UH Hilo Men of Strength, and Special Guest Charlene Iboshi – Former Prosecuting Attorney. It is moderated by Hannah Wu, Coordinator for the Women’s Center. The Prosecutor’s Office, YWCA, AAUW, CFS, and UH Hilo Offices will have resources for all attendees and be available to speak with you after the program.
Thursday, April 25th from 4:30PM-6PM on the UH Hilo Campus in STB 108 (Science and Technology Building). You can enter from the Lanikaula Street entrance and parking is free after 4PM. Please feel free to forward to anyone you think may be interested in attending!
This is sponsored by AAUW-Hilo Chapter, UH Hilo Women Studies Program , and the UH Hilo Women’s Center. For disability information, please contact the Women’s Center at 808-974-7306 or email@example.com.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7306
What's also happening?
4:30p Love the Way You Lie
7:30p Musica Pacifica
- Calling all Female Students! Join the SISTA Project Today!
- The SISTA Project is an all-women’s empowerment group designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaiʻi System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.