Love the Way You Lie - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Love the Way You Lie
Location: STB 108
“Love the Way You Lie” will address responses to Gender Based Violence. What do you do when you hear yelling in your neighbor’s house? Can I press charges? Can I drop charges against my partner if I change my mind? What about the children? What can men do to help? This will give you practical and real skills and information. There are tools to help your friend or yourself. We will watch the short video with Eminem and Rhianna and do a brief discussion and then a panel with Dale Ross –Prosecutor’s Office, Hawaii County, Heidi Koop-Director for Hawaii Island Child and Family Services, Sulma Gandhi-UH Hilo Director for Health and Wellness, Andrew Polloi-Advisor for UH Hilo Men of Strength, and Special Guest Charlene Iboshi – Former Prosecuting Attorney. It is moderated by Hannah Wu, Coordinator for the Women’s Center. The Prosecutor’s Office, YWCA, AAUW, CFS, and UH Hilo Offices will have resources for all attendees and be available to speak with you after the program.
Thursday, April 25th from 4:30PM-6PM on the UH Hilo Campus in STB 108 (Science and Technology Building). You can enter from the Lanikaula Street entrance and parking is free after 4PM. Please feel free to forward to anyone you think may be interested in attending!
This is sponsored by AAUW-Hilo Chapter, UH Hilo Women Studies Program , and the UH Hilo Women’s Center. For disability information, please contact the Women’s Center at 808-974-7306 or email@example.com.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7306
What's also happening?
4:30p Love the Way You Lie
7:30p Musica Pacifica
- Honoring Diversity Workshop
- "Honoring Diversity for a Caring and Inclusive Campus" April 1st. 2015 in Campus Center Rm 301 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM **Continental Breakfast Provided** This workshop promotes an understanding of diversity that creates cultural ...
- Positions Available for Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine
- We are currently looking for creative and hardworking UH Hilo students to fill the positions at Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine. ...
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study Hello University of Hawaii students, We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. ...
- Note Takers Needed--FALL 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.