Pathways to Medicine - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Pathways to Medicine
Location: STB 118
The Aspiring Doctors of Hilo club at UH Hilo will be hosting a Pathways to Medicine Workshop on Saturday, April 20th from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm at STB 118.
Students will learn more about the journey to becoming a physician, the John A. Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM), the ʻImi ʻHoʻōla Post-Baccalaureate Program, and how the Native Hawaiian Center of Excellence can kokua.
Hands-on activities will also teach students skills in:
• Skin suturing with arm mannequins
• Clinical skills and vital signs
• Demonstration on Problem-Based Learning (JABSOM's method for education)
JABSOM faculty will be on hand for afternoon advising sessions.
Mahalo to the Diversity Equity Initiative, the Native Hawaiian Center of Excellence, the 'Imi Ho'ōla Post Baccalaureate program, the Kīpuka Native Hawaiian Student Center, and Nā Pua Noʻeau for sponsoring this event!
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 741-6272
What's also happening?
|Week of April 14, 2013||Next →|
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Applications for 2018-2019
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Applications Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration NOW OPEN!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.