Pathways to Medicine - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Pathways to Medicine
Location: STB 118
The Aspiring Doctors of Hilo club at UH Hilo will be hosting a Pathways to Medicine Workshop on Saturday, April 20th from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm at STB 118.
Students will learn more about the journey to becoming a physician, the John A. Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM), the ʻImi ʻHoʻōla Post-Baccalaureate Program, and how the Native Hawaiian Center of Excellence can kokua.
Hands-on activities will also teach students skills in:
• Skin suturing with arm mannequins
• Clinical skills and vital signs
• Demonstration on Problem-Based Learning (JABSOM's method for education)
JABSOM faculty will be on hand for afternoon advising sessions.
Mahalo to the Diversity Equity Initiative, the Native Hawaiian Center of Excellence, the 'Imi Ho'ōla Post Baccalaureate program, the Kīpuka Native Hawaiian Student Center, and Nā Pua Noʻeau for sponsoring this event!
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 741-6272
What's also happening?
|Week of April 14, 2013||Next →|
- Holiday Card Drive with SAC and CCS
- Aloha UH Hilo 'Ohana, The UH Hilo Student Activities Council (SAC) and the Campus and Community Service (CCS) program is asking for donations of unused holiday cards to send to our servicemen and servicewomen in December. ...
- Haumana Hou Lounge
- New Student Programs is happy to announce that the Haumana Hou Lounge is beginning and happening every Tuesday! Stop by the Hale Kehau Lounge every Tuesday starting October 20, 2015 for a relaxing place to study. ...
- Register now for Fall 2015 Commencement
- Eight weeks left to register for Fall 2015 Commencement! Register now to participate in graduation ceremonies! graduation.uhhcc.org/ 2015 Fall Commencement Saturday, December 19, 2015 UH Hilo Vulcan Gymnasium
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
- International Nights: You're Invited to Perform
- The UH Hilo International Student Association invites individuals and groups to perform at International Nights, scheduled for February 19 & 20, 2016. Submit the online application form at go.hawaii.edu/H7. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- Apply for a scholarship from APIASF (Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Foundation)! Eligibility criteria: Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. ...
- UH Hilo Bike Share Program
- The University Concierge by New Student Programs is proud to offer UH Hilo's new Bike Share Program! All current students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to borrow a bicycle to run errands around town. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- UH Hilo welcomes the newest service to support our university and community ‘ohana. Introducing The University Concierge. Located on the first floor of the Student Services Center, The University Concierge is a gateway for campus information. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Card
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignment, report, tests, and more. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.