Pathways to Medicine - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Pathways to Medicine
Location: STB 118
The Aspiring Doctors of Hilo club at UH Hilo will be hosting a Pathways to Medicine Workshop on Saturday, April 20th from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm at STB 118.
Students will learn more about the journey to becoming a physician, the John A. Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM), the ʻImi ʻHoʻōla Post-Baccalaureate Program, and how the Native Hawaiian Center of Excellence can kokua.
Hands-on activities will also teach students skills in:
• Skin suturing with arm mannequins
• Clinical skills and vital signs
• Demonstration on Problem-Based Learning (JABSOM's method for education)
JABSOM faculty will be on hand for afternoon advising sessions.
Mahalo to the Diversity Equity Initiative, the Native Hawaiian Center of Excellence, the 'Imi Ho'ōla Post Baccalaureate program, the Kīpuka Native Hawaiian Student Center, and Nā Pua Noʻeau for sponsoring this event!
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 741-6272
What's also happening?
5:30p RHA 2nd Annual Luau
- Honoring Diversity Workshop
- "Honoring Diversity for a Caring and Inclusive Campus" April 1st. 2015 in Campus Center Rm 301 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM **Continental Breakfast Provided** This workshop promotes an understanding of diversity that creates cultural ...
- Positions Available for Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine
- We are currently looking for creative and hardworking UH Hilo students to fill the positions at Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine. ...
- Nominations Being Accepted for Ka Lama Ku Recognition Awards
- Nominations for the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Recognition Awards Now Being Accepted for 2014/2015 School Year by students, faculty, staff and community members. ...
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study Hello University of Hawaii students, We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. ...
- Note Takers Needed--FALL 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.