Pathways to Medicine - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Pathways to Medicine
Location: STB 118
The Aspiring Doctors of Hilo club at UH Hilo will be hosting a Pathways to Medicine Workshop on Saturday, April 20th from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm at STB 118.
Students will learn more about the journey to becoming a physician, the John A. Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM), the ʻImi ʻHoʻōla Post-Baccalaureate Program, and how the Native Hawaiian Center of Excellence can kokua.
Hands-on activities will also teach students skills in:
• Skin suturing with arm mannequins
• Clinical skills and vital signs
• Demonstration on Problem-Based Learning (JABSOM's method for education)
JABSOM faculty will be on hand for afternoon advising sessions.
Mahalo to the Diversity Equity Initiative, the Native Hawaiian Center of Excellence, the 'Imi Ho'ōla Post Baccalaureate program, the Kīpuka Native Hawaiian Student Center, and Nā Pua Noʻeau for sponsoring this event!
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 741-6272
What's also happening?
|Week of April 14, 2013||Next →|
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- You are invited to join Hawai‘i’s suicide prevention and awareness efforts! Register today for ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) which is a TWO-DAY workshop that will equip participants to respond knowledgeably and ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.