HELP Talk: Transgender Pacific Islanders - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
HELP Talk: Transgender Pacific Islanders
Location: Pacific Islander Student Center, Campus Center 307
The Pacific Islander Student Center (PISC) and the Women's Center at UH Hilo invite the public to a talk by Selina Koloi, a graduating senior from American Samoa and a HELP Research Assistant at the Women’s Center at UH Hilo will talk about definitions and issues that face the transgender community along with the intersection with the Pacific Islander community. What does UH Hilo and the community offer for students who have needs of transitions, support, leadership opportunities, etc?
Hawaii Engaged Learning Positions (HELP) - Impact Your Education & Our Community! is an AANAPISI-funded initiative through the Pacific Islander Student Center (www.hilo.hawaii.edu/pisc) to enable Pacific islander students at UH Hilo to create meaningful employment opportunities that impact their education while fulfilling a need in the Pacific islander community on campus, on the Big Island, or throughout the Pacific region.
This event is open to the public. Bring your lunch.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-933-3857
What's also happening?
|April 2013/May 2013|
3:30p Philosophy Club Meeting
8:30a Weaving Symposium
- Welcome new faculty to UH Hilo
- Please join us in welcoming new faculty members to the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaii and the U.S. mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- UH Hilo Student Association 2014-2015 Vacancies
- CoBE Senator, Senator at Large, Graduate Senator and Data Director Position Vacancies University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) is now accepting applications to fill a CoBE Senator, Graduate Senator, Senator at Large and Data ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.