HELP Talk: Transgender Pacific Islanders - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
HELP Talk: Transgender Pacific Islanders
Location: Pacific Islander Student Center, Campus Center 307
The Pacific Islander Student Center (PISC) and the Women's Center at UH Hilo invite the public to a talk by Selina Koloi, a graduating senior from American Samoa and a HELP Research Assistant at the Women’s Center at UH Hilo will talk about definitions and issues that face the transgender community along with the intersection with the Pacific Islander community. What does UH Hilo and the community offer for students who have needs of transitions, support, leadership opportunities, etc?
Hawaii Engaged Learning Positions (HELP) - Impact Your Education & Our Community! is an AANAPISI-funded initiative through the Pacific Islander Student Center (www.hilo.hawaii.edu/pisc) to enable Pacific islander students at UH Hilo to create meaningful employment opportunities that impact their education while fulfilling a need in the Pacific islander community on campus, on the Big Island, or throughout the Pacific region.
This event is open to the public. Bring your lunch.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-933-3857
What's also happening?
|Week of April 28, 2013||Next →|
- New IDs and Validations
- Special hours for new IDs and validations for current IDs for Aug 22, 2016 to Sept 3, 2016 are: Mon-Wed-Fri from 10a to 4p Tues-Thurs from 9:00a to 4p Saturday from 9am - noon Must bring government issued photo ID. ...
- Research internships for students DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 16
- Interested in combining data analytics with natural resource management? UH Hilo is pleased to offer paid ($300.00 monthly) internships to undergraduates with interests in issues related to water and data analytics. ...
- Volunteers Needed!
- Campus and Community Service (CCS), a Campus Center program, is looking for volunteers who would like to help with various events and activities throughout the 2016-2017 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2017 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for Fall 2017 or academic year ('17-'18) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2016. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Software Systems for Astronomy July 25-August 5
- Mark your calendar for July 25 - August 5, 2016 (tentatively set) for the second annual Software Systems in Astronomy two week intensive class offered by Professor Albert Conrad. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.