HELP Talk: Transgender Pacific Islanders - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
HELP Talk: Transgender Pacific Islanders
Location: Pacific Islander Student Center, Campus Center 307
The Pacific Islander Student Center (PISC) and the Women's Center at UH Hilo invite the public to a talk by Selina Koloi, a graduating senior from American Samoa and a HELP Research Assistant at the Women’s Center at UH Hilo will talk about definitions and issues that face the transgender community along with the intersection with the Pacific Islander community. What does UH Hilo and the community offer for students who have needs of transitions, support, leadership opportunities, etc?
Hawaii Engaged Learning Positions (HELP) - Impact Your Education & Our Community! is an AANAPISI-funded initiative through the Pacific Islander Student Center (www.hilo.hawaii.edu/pisc) to enable Pacific islander students at UH Hilo to create meaningful employment opportunities that impact their education while fulfilling a need in the Pacific islander community on campus, on the Big Island, or throughout the Pacific region.
This event is open to the public. Bring your lunch.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-933-3857
What's also happening?
|April 2013/May 2013|
3:30p Philosophy Club Meeting
8:30a Weaving Symposium
- International Nights Tickets on Sale
- Tickets for the annual International Nights performances are now on sale! The shows are scheduled for February 6 and 7, 2015. Tickets can be purchased at the Performing Arts Center Box Office, Tuesday-Friday from 9-1. ...
- College Goal 808
- College Goal 808 is designed to help students and their families navigate the student financial aid process. The event offers free assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. ...
- Pre-Valentine Concert with Kris Fuchigami
- Accomplished ʻukulele artist, Kris Fuchigami returns to ‘Imiloa’s Planetarium stage with special guest and award-winning artist, Brittni Paiva. Ticket includes pupus at 5:30 p.m. in Atrium, and concert at 7 p.m. under planetarium stars. ...
- PIPES 2015 Summer Internships - Online apps available!
- If you're a student looking for an exciting summer internship opportunity with agencies and organizations who work in conservation science, natural resource management, and environmental education then check out our PIPES 2015 program. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaiʻi System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.