Island Time and Ineon Exhibition - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Island Time and Ineon Exhibition
Location: Campus Center 307 & Art Gallery
Island Time is the monthly social gathering hosted by one of the Pacific Islander student organizations at UH Hilo to introduce the club and components of their cultures with the public. It's open to anyone interested in knowing more about the cultures and experiences of Pacific Islander students at UH Hilo. The Marshallese Iakwe Club (MIC) members will host the Ineon Art Exhibit as part of their event.
Ineon is an art & photography project done in partnership with Marshallese youth in Ocean View funded by The Learning Coalition, Parents And Children Together, and Art-Tec Mission. This event will feature the participants of the Ineon project who will introduce us to life in the Marshall Islands through their eyes.
Come join the celebrations of Marshallese Art & Cultures. Light refreshment will be served thanks to funding from The Learning Coalition (TLC).
Co-sponsors: Parents And Children Together (PACT), UH Hilo Art Department, Campus Center, Professor Joseph Genz, Marshallese Iakwe Club, Micronesians United - Big Island, and the Pacific Islander Student Center.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-933-3857
What's also happening?
5:30p RHA 2nd Annual Luau
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa will begin on Tuesday, September 23rd and run thru Friday, September 26th. A week of practitioner demonstrations in the atrium will be free to the public and lead up to a Tahitian show “under the stars” in the ...
- Student Parking at the Hilo YMCA
- Limited free and paid parking is available at the Hilo YMCA on Lanikaula Street, across from the UH Hilo main campus. More information is at the YMCA office or call 935-3721.
- Sign up for the Women's Speed Mentoring Program!
- The Women's Speed Mentoring Program is an opportunity to connect with professional and successful women from organizations such as: AAUW-American Association of University Women, ZONTA and UH Hilo Women's Center, whom are working together this ...
- Kanilehua Positions Open!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's Student Art & Literary Magazine, published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available!
- Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil
- In support for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Violence Interagency Committee and Public Awareness Committee will be coordinating the 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil to remember those who lost their lives to domestic ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.