Island Time and Ineon Exhibition - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Island Time and Ineon Exhibition
Location: Campus Center 307 & Art Gallery
Island Time is the monthly social gathering hosted by one of the Pacific Islander student organizations at UH Hilo to introduce the club and components of their cultures with the public. It's open to anyone interested in knowing more about the cultures and experiences of Pacific Islander students at UH Hilo. The Marshallese Iakwe Club (MIC) members will host the Ineon Art Exhibit as part of their event.
Ineon is an art & photography project done in partnership with Marshallese youth in Ocean View funded by The Learning Coalition, Parents And Children Together, and Art-Tec Mission. This event will feature the participants of the Ineon project who will introduce us to life in the Marshall Islands through their eyes.
Come join the celebrations of Marshallese Art & Cultures. Light refreshment will be served thanks to funding from The Learning Coalition (TLC).
Co-sponsors: Parents And Children Together (PACT), UH Hilo Art Department, Campus Center, Professor Joseph Genz, Marshallese Iakwe Club, Micronesians United - Big Island, and the Pacific Islander Student Center.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-933-3857
What's also happening?
|Week of April 14, 2013||Next →|
- New Student Programs New Student Survey
- Is this your first year attending UH Hilo as a student? New Student Programs (NSP) puts on many programs, like Haumana Hou Lounge and the Bike Share Program, for new students through the feedback you provide us. ...
- Break Thru Adventures Participant Applications Available
- Break Through Adventures (BTA) participant applications are now open and available for the Spring 2017 trip. ...
- Study Abroad Application Deadline
- Are you interested in studying abroad for the summer 2017 term or spring 2018 semester? If so, please submit your application and supporting documents to the Center for Global Education and Exchange (CGEE) office by 4:30pm on March 1, 2017. ...
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Group
- The ASD Support Group is for students who are members of the Autism Spectrum community. The purpose of the group is for members to get support from others in a safe, semi-structured social setting. Group meets once a week. ...
- LGBTQIA+ Support Group
- LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual) Support Group is for UH Hilo students who are questioning or identify as members of the LGBTQIA community. Group meets once a week for 1 hour throughout the semester. ...
- Support Group for Students with Disabilties
- The Support Group for Students with Disabilities is for students with physical, learning, psychiatric, or other disabilities. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Cards
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignments, report, tests, and more. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- The University Concierge is your one-stop-shop for all campus info and hosts UH Hilo’s Bike Share Program and New Student Programs’ Academic Achievement Awards Cards. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
- Volunteers Needed!
- Campus and Community Service(CCS) is a Campus Center program that provides an educational approach to foster civic responsibility and engagement through active participation in organized service that meets community needs. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.