Island Time and Ineon Exhibition - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Island Time and Ineon Exhibition
Location: Campus Center 307 & Art Gallery
Island Time is the monthly social gathering hosted by one of the Pacific Islander student organizations at UH Hilo to introduce the club and components of their cultures with the public. It's open to anyone interested in knowing more about the cultures and experiences of Pacific Islander students at UH Hilo. The Marshallese Iakwe Club (MIC) members will host the Ineon Art Exhibit as part of their event.
Ineon is an art & photography project done in partnership with Marshallese youth in Ocean View funded by The Learning Coalition, Parents And Children Together, and Art-Tec Mission. This event will feature the participants of the Ineon project who will introduce us to life in the Marshall Islands through their eyes.
Come join the celebrations of Marshallese Art & Cultures. Light refreshment will be served thanks to funding from The Learning Coalition (TLC).
Co-sponsors: Parents And Children Together (PACT), UH Hilo Art Department, Campus Center, Professor Joseph Genz, Marshallese Iakwe Club, Micronesians United - Big Island, and the Pacific Islander Student Center.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-933-3857
What's also happening?
|Week of April 14, 2013||Next →|
- Fostering Support Group
- A group for UH Hilo students who have spent any part of their upbringing in foster care. The purpose of the group is for members to get support from others in a safe, confidential setting. Please see flyer. ...
- UHHSA Free Morning Beverages
- UHHSA Free Morning Coffee Monday-Friday 9AM-Noon UHHSA Office Room CC-203A
- Join the Student Activities Council!
- The Student Activities Council (SAC) provides programs, activities and services which serve the co-curricular cultural, social, recreational and educational interests of students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- NSE Applications for SY2017-18 available now!
- Considering a National Student Exchange? Pick up your application now! Stop by the Student Services Center, Room E-202, or download your application from our website at hilo.hawaii.edu/studentaffairs/nse/. ...
- APIASF General Scholarship
- Apply for a scholarship from APIASF (Asian and Pacific Islander American Scholarship Foundation) for the 2017-2018 year! Eligibility criteria: Be of Asian American, Native Hawaiian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. ...
- Study Abroad Application Deadline
- Are you interested in studying abroad for the summer 2017 term or spring 2018 semester? If so, please submit your application and supporting documents to the Center for Global Education and Exchange (CGEE) office by 4:30pm on March 1, 2017. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Cards
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignments, report, tests, and more. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- The University Concierge is your one-stop-shop for all campus info and hosts UH Hilo’s Bike Share Program and New Student Programs’ Academic Achievement Awards Cards. ...
- UH Hilo Bike Share Program
- The University Concierge by New Student Programs is proud to offer UH Hilo's new Bike Share Program! All current UH Hilo students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to rent a bicycle to use around town. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.