Island Time and Ineon Exhibition - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Island Time and Ineon Exhibition
Location: Campus Center 307 & Art Gallery
Island Time is the monthly social gathering hosted by one of the Pacific Islander student organizations at UH Hilo to introduce the club and components of their cultures with the public. It's open to anyone interested in knowing more about the cultures and experiences of Pacific Islander students at UH Hilo. The Marshallese Iakwe Club (MIC) members will host the Ineon Art Exhibit as part of their event.
Ineon is an art & photography project done in partnership with Marshallese youth in Ocean View funded by The Learning Coalition, Parents And Children Together, and Art-Tec Mission. This event will feature the participants of the Ineon project who will introduce us to life in the Marshall Islands through their eyes.
Come join the celebrations of Marshallese Art & Cultures. Light refreshment will be served thanks to funding from The Learning Coalition (TLC).
Co-sponsors: Parents And Children Together (PACT), UH Hilo Art Department, Campus Center, Professor Joseph Genz, Marshallese Iakwe Club, Micronesians United - Big Island, and the Pacific Islander Student Center.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-933-3857
What's also happening?
|Week of April 14, 2013||Next →|
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaii and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- Software Systems for Astronomy July 25-August 5
- Mark your calendar for July 25 - August 5, 2016 (tentatively set) for the second annual Software Systems in Astronomy two week intensive class offered by Professor Albert Conrad. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.