Island Time and Ineon Exhibition - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Island Time and Ineon Exhibition
Location: Campus Center 307 & Art Gallery
Island Time is the monthly social gathering hosted by one of the Pacific Islander student organizations at UH Hilo to introduce the club and components of their cultures with the public. It's open to anyone interested in knowing more about the cultures and experiences of Pacific Islander students at UH Hilo. The Marshallese Iakwe Club (MIC) members will host the Ineon Art Exhibit as part of their event.
Ineon is an art & photography project done in partnership with Marshallese youth in Ocean View funded by The Learning Coalition, Parents And Children Together, and Art-Tec Mission. This event will feature the participants of the Ineon project who will introduce us to life in the Marshall Islands through their eyes.
Come join the celebrations of Marshallese Art & Cultures. Light refreshment will be served thanks to funding from The Learning Coalition (TLC).
Co-sponsors: Parents And Children Together (PACT), UH Hilo Art Department, Campus Center, Professor Joseph Genz, Marshallese Iakwe Club, Micronesians United - Big Island, and the Pacific Islander Student Center.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-933-3857
What's also happening?
5:30p RHA 2nd Annual Luau
- ‘Imiloa’s Holiday Craft Corner with Island Scrapbook
- Make a festive Shrinky Dink holiday gift tag using Sister Stamps rubber stamp images on Saturday, December 13 and 20 from 10:30am – 11:30am. This holiday craft project is free to members and part of admission to the ʻImiloa exhibit hall. ...
- Book Drive
- The East-West Center Club is doing a book drive on campus. Books collected will be donated to the World Book Bank, which sends the books to poor developing nations to help build libraries and reduce the illiteracy rates of adults and children. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- The APIASF General Scholarship is open to Asian American and Pacific Islander students who will be enrolling or are currently enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university as a degree-seeking undergraduate student in Fall 2015. ...
- International Nights 2015 Seeking Performers
- The UH Hilo International Student Association invites students to perform in International Nights 2015! The shows will be held on February 6 & 7, 2015 at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- UH Hilo Upward Bound Employment Opportunity
- TUTORS WANTED! ~College students who are proficient in Mathematics, English/Language Arts, Foreign Language, and/or Science~ Duties: • Drive to assigned local or rural high schools • Provide tutoring and write reports documenting ...
- College Goal 808
- College Goal 808 is designed to help students and their families navigate the student financial aid process. The event offers free assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaii System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.