Waipuni Kahaluʻu - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: UCB 127
Waipuni Kahalu'u: A Blended Science Decision Tool for Ecosystem Health
Over the last several years, the Edith Kanakaʻole Foundation, the Watershed Professionals Network, the University of Redlands, and The Kohala Center have been working to bring together Hawaiian and Western knowledge about the health of the natural environment. The site of the collaborative effort is Kahaluʻu ahupuaʻa, and the product is a prototype of a decision support tool that calculates fresh water recharge rates, depending on the type of land cover. The collaborative team would like to share their work to date and to receive feedback about their draft product from friends, colleagues, and students at the University of Hawai'i at Hilo.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 933-0897
What's also happening?
4:30p Love the Way You Lie
7:30p Musica Pacifica
- Book Drive
- The East-West Center Club is doing a book drive on campus. Books collected will be donated to the World Book Bank, which sends the books to poor developing nations to help build libraries and reduce the illiteracy rates of adults and children. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- The APIASF General Scholarship is open to Asian American and Pacific Islander students who will be enrolling or are currently enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university as a degree-seeking undergraduate student in Fall 2015. ...
- International Nights 2015 Seeking Performers
- The UH Hilo International Student Association invites students to perform in International Nights 2015! The shows will be held on February 6 & 7, 2015 at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- UH Hilo Upward Bound Employment Opportunity
- TUTORS WANTED! ~College students who are proficient in Mathematics, English/Language Arts, Foreign Language, and/or Science~ Duties: • Drive to assigned local or rural high schools • Provide tutoring and write reports documenting ...
- College Goal 808
- College Goal 808 is designed to help students and their families navigate the student financial aid process. The event offers free assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaii System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.