The Kite: Global Lens International Film Series - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Kite: Global Lens International Film Series
Location: UCB 127
The Kite is the final award-winning film in the 2012-13 Global Lens International Film Series. Set in Lebanon, the film tells the story of a teenage girl must cross a border checkpoint between Lebanon and Israel to marry a man she has never met. Neither she nor her betrothed are eager to consummate a marriage to a stranger—a matter further complicated by the girl's surprising admission that she is in love with the Israeli soldier guarding the border. This "fairytale for troubled times" about marriage and tradition is underscored by delicate symbolism and artful references to politics of Lebanon's territories that have been annexed. In Arabic with English subtitles. Free admission.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-974-7313
What's also happening?
|Week of April 14, 2013||Next →|
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaii and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- Software Systems for Astronomy July 25-August 5
- Mark your calendar for July 25 - August 5, 2016 (tentatively set) for the second annual Software Systems in Astronomy two week intensive class offered by Professor Albert Conrad. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.