The Kite: Global Lens International Film Series - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Kite: Global Lens International Film Series
Location: UCB 127
The Kite is the final award-winning film in the 2012-13 Global Lens International Film Series. Set in Lebanon, the film tells the story of a teenage girl must cross a border checkpoint between Lebanon and Israel to marry a man she has never met. Neither she nor her betrothed are eager to consummate a marriage to a stranger—a matter further complicated by the girl's surprising admission that she is in love with the Israeli soldier guarding the border. This "fairytale for troubled times" about marriage and tradition is underscored by delicate symbolism and artful references to politics of Lebanon's territories that have been annexed. In Arabic with English subtitles. Free admission.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-974-7313
What's also happening?
5:30p RHA 2nd Annual Luau
- Honoring Diversity Workshop
- "Honoring Diversity for a Caring and Inclusive Campus" April 1st. 2015 in Campus Center Rm 301 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM **Continental Breakfast Provided** This workshop promotes an understanding of diversity that creates cultural ...
- Positions Available for Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine
- We are currently looking for creative and hardworking UH Hilo students to fill the positions at Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine. ...
- Nominations Being Accepted for Ka Lama Ku Recognition Awards
- Nominations for the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Recognition Awards Now Being Accepted for 2014/2015 School Year by students, faculty, staff and community members. ...
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study Hello University of Hawaii students, We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. ...
- Note Takers Needed--FALL 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.