Apply to become an Orientation Leader Today! - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Apply to become an Orientation Leader Today!
Applications are now open for 2013 - 2014 Orientation Leaders. The Orientation Leader is one of the most crucial and rewarding leadership opportunities on campus. They are the student leaders responsible for creating a foundation for graduation for not only our first time first year students, but for all of the newest members of our campus ‘ohana. As an Orientation Leader you’ll help to develop long lasting connections to other student, faculty, staff, and our many student support resources; you’ll build a supportive learning environment to ensure that our students are academically successful; and you’ll work to create a commitment and understanding of what it means to be a proud member of our UH Hilo ‘ohana.
With this opportunity you'll be able to add the following statements to your resume:
- Planned and implemented new academic success initiatives for over 500 students
- Organized events for over 500 new students focused on building peer to peer connections.
- Mentored a group of new students throughout their transition to the University.
- Designed campus wide initiatives to foster a greater sense of campus pride
- Worked to create an atmosphere of connections, academic success, and ‘ohana for all new members of the UH Hilo community
Learn more about the position and Apply online at hilo.hawaii.edu/nsp
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808.733.0732
What's also happening?
- ‘Imiloa’s Holiday Craft Corner with Island Scrapbook
- Make a festive Shrinky Dink holiday gift tag using Sister Stamps rubber stamp images on Saturday, December 13 and 20 from 10:30am – 11:30am. This holiday craft project is free to members and part of admission to the ʻImiloa exhibit hall. ...
- Book Drive
- The East-West Center Club is doing a book drive on campus. Books collected will be donated to the World Book Bank, which sends the books to poor developing nations to help build libraries and reduce the illiteracy rates of adults and children. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- The APIASF General Scholarship is open to Asian American and Pacific Islander students who will be enrolling or are currently enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university as a degree-seeking undergraduate student in Fall 2015. ...
- International Nights 2015 Seeking Performers
- The UH Hilo International Student Association invites students to perform in International Nights 2015! The shows will be held on February 6 & 7, 2015 at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- UH Hilo Upward Bound Employment Opportunity
- TUTORS WANTED! ~College students who are proficient in Mathematics, English/Language Arts, Foreign Language, and/or Science~ Duties: • Drive to assigned local or rural high schools • Provide tutoring and write reports documenting ...
- College Goal 808
- College Goal 808 is designed to help students and their families navigate the student financial aid process. The event offers free assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaii System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.