Apply to become an Orientation Leader Today! - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Apply to become an Orientation Leader Today!
Applications are now open for 2013 - 2014 Orientation Leaders. The Orientation Leader is one of the most crucial and rewarding leadership opportunities on campus. They are the student leaders responsible for creating a foundation for graduation for not only our first time first year students, but for all of the newest members of our campus ‘ohana. As an Orientation Leader you’ll help to develop long lasting connections to other student, faculty, staff, and our many student support resources; you’ll build a supportive learning environment to ensure that our students are academically successful; and you’ll work to create a commitment and understanding of what it means to be a proud member of our UH Hilo ‘ohana.
With this opportunity you'll be able to add the following statements to your resume:
- Planned and implemented new academic success initiatives for over 500 students
- Organized events for over 500 new students focused on building peer to peer connections.
- Mentored a group of new students throughout their transition to the University.
- Designed campus wide initiatives to foster a greater sense of campus pride
- Worked to create an atmosphere of connections, academic success, and ‘ohana for all new members of the UH Hilo community
Learn more about the position and Apply online at hilo.hawaii.edu/nsp
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808.733.0732
What's also happening?
|Week of March 17, 2013||Next →|
- New Student Programs New Student Survey
- Is this your first year attending UH Hilo as a student? New Student Programs (NSP) puts on many programs, like Haumana Hou Lounge and the Bike Share Program, for new students through the feedback you provide us. ...
- Break Thru Adventures Participant Applications Available
- Break Through Adventures (BTA) participant applications are now open and available for the Spring 2017 trip. ...
- Study Abroad Application Deadline
- Are you interested in studying abroad for the summer 2017 term or spring 2018 semester? If so, please submit your application and supporting documents to the Center for Global Education and Exchange (CGEE) office by 4:30pm on March 1, 2017. ...
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Group
- The ASD Support Group is for students who are members of the Autism Spectrum community. The purpose of the group is for members to get support from others in a safe, semi-structured social setting. Group meets once a week. ...
- LGBTQIA+ Support Group
- LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual) Support Group is for UH Hilo students who are questioning or identify as members of the LGBTQIA community. Group meets once a week for 1 hour throughout the semester. ...
- Support Group for Students with Disabilties
- The Support Group for Students with Disabilities is for students with physical, learning, psychiatric, or other disabilities. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Cards
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignments, report, tests, and more. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- The University Concierge is your one-stop-shop for all campus info and hosts UH Hilo’s Bike Share Program and New Student Programs’ Academic Achievement Awards Cards. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
- Volunteers Needed!
- Campus and Community Service(CCS) is a Campus Center program that provides an educational approach to foster civic responsibility and engagement through active participation in organized service that meets community needs. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.