Apply to become an Orientation Leader Today! - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Apply to become an Orientation Leader Today!
Applications are now open for 2013 - 2014 Orientation Leaders. The Orientation Leader is one of the most crucial and rewarding leadership opportunities on campus. They are the student leaders responsible for creating a foundation for graduation for not only our first time first year students, but for all of the newest members of our campus ‘ohana. As an Orientation Leader you’ll help to develop long lasting connections to other student, faculty, staff, and our many student support resources; you’ll build a supportive learning environment to ensure that our students are academically successful; and you’ll work to create a commitment and understanding of what it means to be a proud member of our UH Hilo ‘ohana.
With this opportunity you'll be able to add the following statements to your resume:
- Planned and implemented new academic success initiatives for over 500 students
- Organized events for over 500 new students focused on building peer to peer connections.
- Mentored a group of new students throughout their transition to the University.
- Designed campus wide initiatives to foster a greater sense of campus pride
- Worked to create an atmosphere of connections, academic success, and ‘ohana for all new members of the UH Hilo community
Learn more about the position and Apply online at hilo.hawaii.edu/nsp
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808.733.0732
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: Thanksgiving Day
- Advising for Spring 2015
- In preparation for spring 2015 course registration, be sure to meet with your assigned advisor between November 19-26. You can find your advisor in MyUH and in STAR. ...
- Seeking Vendors for the 2015 Hoʻolauleʻa!
- The 2015 Hoʻolauleʻa Committee is seeking vendors for our 20th annual event. The event is on Saturday, January 17, 2015 from 12:00pm to 8:00pm in the Performing Arts Center Parking Lot on UH Hilo campus. ...
- Board of Student Publications (BOSP) 2014-2015 Applications
- The Board of Student Publications (BOSP) is a Charted UH Hilo Student Organization that oversees the three (3) UH Hilo publications, Ke Kalahea, Hohonu, and Kanilehua and we are filling current vacancies on the Board: If you're interested in ...
- Volunteers wanted for an e-cigarette study
- We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. The purpose is to interview e-cigarette users on reasons for starting, dual use of conventional cigarettes, and opinions on potential legislation. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- The APIASF General Scholarship is open to Asian American and Pacific Islander students who will be enrolling or are currently enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university as a degree-seeking undergraduate student in Fall 2015. ...
- International Nights 2015 Seeking Performers
- The UH Hilo International Student Association invites students to perform in International Nights 2015! The shows will be held on February 6 & 7, 2015 at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- College Goal 808
- College Goal 808 is designed to help students and their families navigate the student financial aid process. The event offers free assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.