Ocean Day Hawai‘i Mālama Kanaloa Festival - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Ocean Day Hawai‘i Mālama Kanaloa Festival
Location: Hilo Bayfront Beach Park
The 6th annual UH Hilo Ocean Day Hawai‘i Mālama Kanaloa Festival has been rescheduled and will be held this year on Sunday April 21, 2013 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Hilo Bayfront Beach Park. Ocean Day is focused on increasing awareness of ocean and coastal issues such as conservation, sustainable use of resources and ocean safety through fun interactive displays, activities and booths. Family-friendly activities include fishing games, marine critter touch tanks, mask & puppet making, marine life block-printing, makahiki games, face painting, poi-pounding, seed planting, and more. Enjoy live music by Kainani Kahaunaele, Lono Kanakaʻole Trio, and hula by Ka ʻUmeke Kāʻeo students. The event will be bigger and better this year with new partners, activities, conservation informational and a variety of ‘ono-licious food booths. The event is free and open to the public.
For more information, e-mail Ho`oululahui Perry at email@example.com or call JoAnne Riviera at 933-0706.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-933-0707
What's also happening?
4:30p Love the Way You Lie
7:30p Musica Pacifica
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa will begin on Tuesday, September 23rd and run thru Friday, September 26th. A week of practitioner demonstrations in the atrium will be free to the public and lead up to a Tahitian show “under the stars” in the ...
- Student Parking at the Hilo YMCA
- Limited free and paid parking is available at the Hilo YMCA on Lanikaula Street, across from the UH Hilo main campus. More information is at the YMCA office or call 935-3721.
- Sign up for the Women's Speed Mentoring Program!
- The Women's Speed Mentoring Program is an opportunity to connect with professional and successful women from organizations such as: AAUW-American Association of University Women, ZONTA and UH Hilo Women's Center, whom are working together this ...
- Kanilehua Positions Open!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's Student Art & Literary Magazine, published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available!
- Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- 9/16 Update on the Puna Lava Flow
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College are closely monitoring the June 27th lava flow from Kīlauea and are currently formulating contingency plans to address various issues that may arise. ...
- 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil
- In support for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Violence Interagency Committee and Public Awareness Committee will be coordinating the 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil to remember those who lost their lives to domestic ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.