Ocean Day Hawai‘i Mālama Kanaloa Festival - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Ocean Day Hawai‘i Mālama Kanaloa Festival
Location: Hilo Bayfront Beach Park
The 6th annual UH Hilo Ocean Day Hawai‘i Mālama Kanaloa Festival has been rescheduled and will be held this year on Sunday April 21, 2013 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Hilo Bayfront Beach Park. Ocean Day is focused on increasing awareness of ocean and coastal issues such as conservation, sustainable use of resources and ocean safety through fun interactive displays, activities and booths. Family-friendly activities include fishing games, marine critter touch tanks, mask & puppet making, marine life block-printing, makahiki games, face painting, poi-pounding, seed planting, and more. Enjoy live music by Kainani Kahaunaele, Lono Kanakaʻole Trio, and hula by Ka ʻUmeke Kāʻeo students. The event will be bigger and better this year with new partners, activities, conservation informational and a variety of ‘ono-licious food booths. The event is free and open to the public.
For more information, e-mail Ho`oululahui Perry at email@example.com or call JoAnne Riviera at 933-0706.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-933-0707
What's also happening?
4:30p Love the Way You Lie
7:30p Musica Pacifica
- Positions Available for Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine
- We are currently looking for creative and hardworking UH Hilo students to fill the positions at Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine. ...
- Nominations Being Accepted for Ka Lama Ku Recognition Awards
- Nominations for the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Recognition Awards Now Being Accepted for 2014/2015 School Year by students, faculty, staff and community members. ...
- UH Hilo Food Drive
- 1 can, 2 can, 3 can, MORE! It's time for UH Hilo's annual canned food drive to help out our community partner, the Hawai'i Food Basket. ...
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study Hello University of Hawaii students, We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. ...
- Note Takers Needed--FALL 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.