Ocean Day Hawai‘i Mālama Kanaloa Festival - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Ocean Day Hawai‘i Mālama Kanaloa Festival
Location: Hilo Bayfront Beach Park
The 6th annual UH Hilo Ocean Day Hawai‘i Mālama Kanaloa Festival has been rescheduled and will be held this year on Sunday April 21, 2013 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Hilo Bayfront Beach Park. Ocean Day is focused on increasing awareness of ocean and coastal issues such as conservation, sustainable use of resources and ocean safety through fun interactive displays, activities and booths. Family-friendly activities include fishing games, marine critter touch tanks, mask & puppet making, marine life block-printing, makahiki games, face painting, poi-pounding, seed planting, and more. Enjoy live music by Kainani Kahaunaele, Lono Kanakaʻole Trio, and hula by Ka ʻUmeke Kāʻeo students. The event will be bigger and better this year with new partners, activities, conservation informational and a variety of ‘ono-licious food booths. The event is free and open to the public.
For more information, e-mail Ho`oululahui Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call JoAnne Riviera at 933-0706.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-933-0707
What's also happening?
|Week of April 21, 2013||Next →|
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- UH Hilo Mentoring Recognition Award!
- Having a great mentor is critical in student success and we'd like to know who has been your mentor here at UH Hilo. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.