Black History Month Film Festival - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Black History Month Film Festival
Location: Campus Center 301
Francisca Pinkney, President of Divine Mercy Family Foundation and Steven Martin, founder of Gongfuball Academy of Athletics Dev. (GAAD) will present a documnetary to raise
awareness and support of homeless children and pregnant teens in Nigeria.
Synopsis: Documents a 3 week trip in 2012 to Nigeria where Pinkney and Martin worked with displaced flood victims whose lives were devastated by the flooding of the Niger River. Also features their work with children of Shangtedo Eti-Osa Community Secondary School. The documentary will be followed by a Q and A session, as well as a meet and greet social.
For more information, contact: 8089333412
What's also happening?
|February 2013/March 2013|
7p Film: Whisky
7:30p Afiara String Quartet
- 19th Annual Make A Difference Day
- Make A Difference Day is an annual event that takes place on Saturday October 25. For this event we will be focusing on projects on UH Hilo's campus. Projects may include, gardening, weeding, general maintenance and campus beautification. ...
- UH Hilo Student Association Tee Shirt Design Contest!
- Enter for a chance to win an iPad mini or an iPod nano! If you are a UH Hilo student with a creative side, submit your own tee shirt design via email by the end of October 31st, 2014. ...
- University Dining Services Survey
- Take the University Dining Services SURVEY and you will be entered to WIN One of Two $150 Gift Cards in Dining Points! Your feedback is important and we want to hear from you! Take the Survey Online at: http://vcil. ...
- Seeking Vendors for the 2015 Hoʻolauleʻa!
- The 2015 Hoʻolauleʻa Committee is seeking vendors for our 20th annual event. The event is on Saturday, January 17, 2015 from 12:00pm to 8:00pm in the Performing Arts Center Parking Lot on UH Hilo campus. ...
- Volunteers wanted for an e-cigarette study
- We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. The purpose is to interview e-cigarette users on reasons for starting, dual use of conventional cigarettes, and opinions on potential legislation. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.