Black History Month Film Festival - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Black History Month Film Festival
Location: Campus Center 301
Francisca Pinkney, President of Divine Mercy Family Foundation and Steven Martin, founder of Gongfuball Academy of Athletics Dev. (GAAD) will present a documnetary to raise
awareness and support of homeless children and pregnant teens in Nigeria.
Synopsis: Documents a 3 week trip in 2012 to Nigeria where Pinkney and Martin worked with displaced flood victims whose lives were devastated by the flooding of the Niger River. Also features their work with children of Shangtedo Eti-Osa Community Secondary School. The documentary will be followed by a Q and A session, as well as a meet and greet social.
For more information, contact: 8089333412
What's also happening?
|February 2013/March 2013|
7p Film: Whisky
7:30p Afiara String Quartet
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaii and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- Epic Origami at 'Imiloa
- 'Imiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.