Black History Month Film Festival - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Black History Month Film Festival
Location: Campus Center 301
Francisca Pinkney, President of Divine Mercy Family Foundation and Steven Martin, founder of Gongfuball Academy of Athletics Dev. (GAAD) will present a documnetary to raise
awareness and support of homeless children and pregnant teens in Nigeria.
Synopsis: Documents a 3 week trip in 2012 to Nigeria where Pinkney and Martin worked with displaced flood victims whose lives were devastated by the flooding of the Niger River. Also features their work with children of Shangtedo Eti-Osa Community Secondary School. The documentary will be followed by a Q and A session, as well as a meet and greet social.
For more information, contact: 8089333412
What's also happening?
|February 2013/March 2013|
7p Film: Whisky
7:30p Afiara String Quartet
- SAC Four Leaf Clover Hunt
- On March 10–14, 2014, you will see Four leaf clovers posted all over the UH Hilo campus. Collect as much as you can and bring them to the Student Activities Council (SAC) Saint Patricks Day event held on March 17th, 2014.
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2014-2015
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2014-2015 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2014. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
- Global Lens Film Series
- The Global Lens film series returns to UH Hilo this spring! The series a critically acclaimed showcase of award-winning, independent narrative features from around the world. ...
- SAC: Plaza Market Monday
- During the Spring semester, UH Hilo's Student Activities Council (SAC) will sponsor Plaza Market Monday every 2nd and 4th Monday from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. ...
- Swing Dance Club
- Swing Dance Club meets Fridays, 5:45-8:00 pm at the Old Gym! Come join us for a night of instruction, fun, free dancing... and swing!