Black History Month Film Festival - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Black History Month Film Festival
Location: Campus Center 301
Francisca Pinkney, President of Divine Mercy Family Foundation and Steven Martin, founder of Gongfuball Academy of Athletics Dev. (GAAD) will present a documnetary to raise
awareness and support of homeless children and pregnant teens in Nigeria.
Synopsis: Documents a 3 week trip in 2012 to Nigeria where Pinkney and Martin worked with displaced flood victims whose lives were devastated by the flooding of the Niger River. Also features their work with children of Shangtedo Eti-Osa Community Secondary School. The documentary will be followed by a Q and A session, as well as a meet and greet social.
For more information, contact: 8089333412
What's also happening?
|February 2013/March 2013|
7p Film: Whisky
7:30p Afiara String Quartet
- Student Parking at the Hilo YMCA
- Limited free and paid parking is available at the Hilo YMCA on Lanikaula Street, across from the UH Hilo main campus. More information is at the YMCA office or call 935-3721.
- Sign up for the Women's Speed Mentoring Program!
- The Women's Speed Mentoring Program is an opportunity to connect with professional and successful women from organizations such as: AAUW-American Association of University Women, ZONTA and UH Hilo Women's Center, whom are working together this ...
- Kanilehua Positions Open!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's Student Art & Literary Magazine, published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available!
- Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Eruption and Lava Flow Update
- For more information on the eruption and lava flow in Puna, please visit the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory at hvo.wr.usgs.gov/ and the Hawaiʻi County Civil Defense Messages and Alerts site at www.hawaiicounty.gov/active-alerts/. ...
- 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil
- In support for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Violence Interagency Committee and Public Awareness Committee will be coordinating the 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil to remember those who lost their lives to domestic ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.