UH Hilo Alumni and Friends Association Scholarship - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
UH Hilo Alumni and Friends Association Scholarship
Applications are currently being accepted for the University of Hawai’i at Hilo Alumni and Friends Association scholarship. The $1,500 scholarship is intended for those pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree program at UH Hilo.
Scholarship awardees will receive $1,500 for a period of one year to be applied toward tuition at UH Hilo; the number of awards shall be determined by the selection committee based on the availability of funds. Interested undergraduate applicants must be an immediate family member of a UH Hilo alumni; graduate applicants must have received their baccalaureate degree from UH Hilo.
Since 2004, the Alumni and Friends Association has supported deserving UH Hilo students with alumni scholarships. To date, 25 students have received the award. The UH Hilo Alumni and Friends Association organizes two signature events annually to fund these scholarships: the Distinguished Alumni and Service Awards Banquet and the Alumni Scholarship Golf Tournament. Held each spring, this year’s awards banquet will be on Friday, February 22, 2013. The event is open to the public and includes a dinner buffet, entertainment and silent auction to raise scholarship funds; visit hilo.hawaii.edu/alumni/distinguished-alumni.php or call 974-7501 or 974-7643 to RSVP by February 8, 2013. The golf tournament, initiated in 2004, is a fun-filled event in the fall, also open to all interested in golfing and networking with alumni and community supporters.
For more information on scholarship criteria and application procedures, visit hilo.hawaii.edu/alumni/scholarship-criteria.php or call the UH Hilo Department of Marketing and Alumni Relations office at 974-7501 or 974-7643. The deadline for submission is March 1, 2013.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7501; 974-7643
What's also happening?
6:15p Vulcan Pep Rally
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa will begin on Tuesday, September 23rd and run thru Friday, September 26th. A week of practitioner demonstrations in the atrium will be free to the public and lead up to a Tahitian show “under the stars” in the ...
- Student Parking at the Hilo YMCA
- Limited free and paid parking is available at the Hilo YMCA on Lanikaula Street, across from the UH Hilo main campus. More information is at the YMCA office or call 935-3721.
- Sign up for the Women's Speed Mentoring Program!
- The Women's Speed Mentoring Program is an opportunity to connect with professional and successful women from organizations such as: AAUW-American Association of University Women, ZONTA and UH Hilo Women's Center, whom are working together this ...
- Kanilehua Positions Open!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's Student Art & Literary Magazine, published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available!
- Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- 9/16 Update on the Puna Lava Flow
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College are closely monitoring the June 27th lava flow from Kīlauea and are currently formulating contingency plans to address various issues that may arise. ...
- 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil
- In support for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Violence Interagency Committee and Public Awareness Committee will be coordinating the 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil to remember those who lost their lives to domestic ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.