UH Hilo Alumni and Friends Association Scholarship - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
UH Hilo Alumni and Friends Association Scholarship
Applications are currently being accepted for the University of Hawai’i at Hilo Alumni and Friends Association scholarship. The $1,500 scholarship is intended for those pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree program at UH Hilo.
Scholarship awardees will receive $1,500 for a period of one year to be applied toward tuition at UH Hilo; the number of awards shall be determined by the selection committee based on the availability of funds. Interested undergraduate applicants must be an immediate family member of a UH Hilo alumni; graduate applicants must have received their baccalaureate degree from UH Hilo.
Since 2004, the Alumni and Friends Association has supported deserving UH Hilo students with alumni scholarships. To date, 25 students have received the award. The UH Hilo Alumni and Friends Association organizes two signature events annually to fund these scholarships: the Distinguished Alumni and Service Awards Banquet and the Alumni Scholarship Golf Tournament. Held each spring, this year’s awards banquet will be on Friday, February 22, 2013. The event is open to the public and includes a dinner buffet, entertainment and silent auction to raise scholarship funds; visit hilo.hawaii.edu/alumni/distinguished-alumni.php or call 974-7501 or 974-7643 to RSVP by February 8, 2013. The golf tournament, initiated in 2004, is a fun-filled event in the fall, also open to all interested in golfing and networking with alumni and community supporters.
For more information on scholarship criteria and application procedures, visit hilo.hawaii.edu/alumni/scholarship-criteria.php or call the UH Hilo Department of Marketing and Alumni Relations office at 974-7501 or 974-7643. The deadline for submission is March 1, 2013.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 974-7501; 974-7643
What's also happening?
|Week of February 24, 2013||Next →|
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- UH Hilo Mentoring Recognition Award!
- Having a great mentor is critical in student success and we'd like to know who has been your mentor here at UH Hilo. ...
- Campus & Community Service Spring Food Drive
- It’s that time of year again! Campus and Community Service is holding the Annual Spring Food Drive in conjunction with the University of Hawaiʻi State Food Drive. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.