UH Hilo Alumni and Friends Association Scholarship - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
UH Hilo Alumni and Friends Association Scholarship
Applications are currently being accepted for the University of Hawai’i at Hilo Alumni and Friends Association scholarship. The $1,500 scholarship is intended for those pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree program at UH Hilo.
Scholarship awardees will receive $1,500 for a period of one year to be applied toward tuition at UH Hilo; the number of awards shall be determined by the selection committee based on the availability of funds. Interested undergraduate applicants must be an immediate family member of a UH Hilo alumni; graduate applicants must have received their baccalaureate degree from UH Hilo.
Since 2004, the Alumni and Friends Association has supported deserving UH Hilo students with alumni scholarships. To date, 25 students have received the award. The UH Hilo Alumni and Friends Association organizes two signature events annually to fund these scholarships: the Distinguished Alumni and Service Awards Banquet and the Alumni Scholarship Golf Tournament. Held each spring, this year’s awards banquet will be on Friday, February 22, 2013. The event is open to the public and includes a dinner buffet, entertainment and silent auction to raise scholarship funds; visit hilo.hawaii.edu/alumni/distinguished-alumni.php or call 974-7501 or 974-7643 to RSVP by February 8, 2013. The golf tournament, initiated in 2004, is a fun-filled event in the fall, also open to all interested in golfing and networking with alumni and community supporters.
For more information on scholarship criteria and application procedures, visit hilo.hawaii.edu/alumni/scholarship-criteria.php or call the UH Hilo Department of Marketing and Alumni Relations office at 974-7501 or 974-7643. The deadline for submission is March 1, 2013.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7501; 974-7643
What's also happening?
- ‘Imiloa’s Holiday Craft Corner with Island Scrapbook
- Make a festive Shrinky Dink holiday gift tag using Sister Stamps rubber stamp images on Saturday, December 13 and 20 from 10:30am – 11:30am. This holiday craft project is free to members and part of admission to the ʻImiloa exhibit hall. ...
- Book Drive
- The East-West Center Club is doing a book drive on campus. Books collected will be donated to the World Book Bank, which sends the books to poor developing nations to help build libraries and reduce the illiteracy rates of adults and children. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- The APIASF General Scholarship is open to Asian American and Pacific Islander students who will be enrolling or are currently enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university as a degree-seeking undergraduate student in Fall 2015. ...
- International Nights 2015 Seeking Performers
- The UH Hilo International Student Association invites students to perform in International Nights 2015! The shows will be held on February 6 & 7, 2015 at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- UH Hilo Upward Bound Employment Opportunity
- TUTORS WANTED! ~College students who are proficient in Mathematics, English/Language Arts, Foreign Language, and/or Science~ Duties: • Drive to assigned local or rural high schools • Provide tutoring and write reports documenting ...
- College Goal 808
- College Goal 808 is designed to help students and their families navigate the student financial aid process. The event offers free assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaii System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.