Distinguished Alumni and Service Awards Banquet - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Distinguished Alumni and Service Awards Banquet
Location: UH Hilo Campus Center Dining Hall
Join us for an evening of elegance and entertainment at the 13th Annual Distinguished Alumni and Service Awards Banquet on Friday, February 22, 2013 at the UH Hilo Campus Center Dining Hall, beginning at 5:00 pm.
Sponsored by the University of Hawai’i at Hilo Alumni and Friends Association, this signature event includes a live and silent auction, sumptuous buffet and a chance to network with university and community leaders and supporters.
The 2013 Distinguished ALUMNI honorees are Eric Matsumoto (16th Bishop of the Honpa Hongwanji Mission of Hawaii), Larry Kimura (Assistant Professor of Hawaiian Language and Culture), and Valerie Takata (Complex Area Superintendent for State of Hawaii, DOE: Hilo-Waiakea). The Distinguished SERVICE honoree is Director of University Relations and External Affairs emeritus, Gerald De Mello.
Please come and join us in honoring and celebrating these well-deserved award recipients. Tickets to the event include the cost of the buffet at $75 each or $600 for a table of eight (a portion is tax-deductible). Please RSVP by February 8, 2013 to the Marketing and Alumni office at 974-7501 or 974-7643.
Proceeds from the auctions help sponsor the Alumni Scholarship Fund, which helps to provide opportunities for immediate relatives of UH Hilo alumni or alumni themselves returning for another degree.
Special Restrictions: $75 per person; $600 for a table of eight (a portion is tax-deductible)
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7501
What's also happening?
|Week of February 17, 2013||Next →|
Holiday observed: Presidents’ Day
- New Student Programs New Student Survey
- Is this your first year attending UH Hilo as a student? New Student Programs (NSP) puts on many programs, like Haumana Hou Lounge and the Bike Share Program, for new students through the feedback you provide us. ...
- Break Thru Adventures Participant Applications Available
- Break Through Adventures (BTA) participant applications are now open and available for the Spring 2017 trip. ...
- Study Abroad Application Deadline
- Are you interested in studying abroad for the summer 2017 term or spring 2018 semester? If so, please submit your application and supporting documents to the Center for Global Education and Exchange (CGEE) office by 4:30pm on March 1, 2017. ...
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Group
- The ASD Support Group is for students who are members of the Autism Spectrum community. The purpose of the group is for members to get support from others in a safe, semi-structured social setting. Group meets once a week. ...
- LGBTQIA+ Support Group
- LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual) Support Group is for UH Hilo students who are questioning or identify as members of the LGBTQIA community. Group meets once a week for 1 hour throughout the semester. ...
- Support Group for Students with Disabilties
- The Support Group for Students with Disabilities is for students with physical, learning, psychiatric, or other disabilities. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Cards
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignments, report, tests, and more. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- The University Concierge is your one-stop-shop for all campus info and hosts UH Hilo’s Bike Share Program and New Student Programs’ Academic Achievement Awards Cards. ...
- UH Hilo Bike Share Program
- The University Concierge by New Student Programs is proud to offer UH Hilo's new Bike Share Program! All current UH Hilo students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to rent a bicycle to use around town. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
- Volunteers Needed!
- Campus and Community Service(CCS) is a Campus Center program that provides an educational approach to foster civic responsibility and engagement through active participation in organized service that meets community needs. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.