Distinguished Alumni and Service Awards Banquet - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Distinguished Alumni and Service Awards Banquet
Location: UH Hilo Campus Center Dining Hall
Join us for an evening of elegance and entertainment at the 13th Annual Distinguished Alumni and Service Awards Banquet on Friday, February 22, 2013 at the UH Hilo Campus Center Dining Hall, beginning at 5:00 pm.
Sponsored by the University of Hawai’i at Hilo Alumni and Friends Association, this signature event includes a live and silent auction, sumptuous buffet and a chance to network with university and community leaders and supporters.
The 2013 Distinguished ALUMNI honorees are Eric Matsumoto (16th Bishop of the Honpa Hongwanji Mission of Hawaii), Larry Kimura (Assistant Professor of Hawaiian Language and Culture), and Valerie Takata (Complex Area Superintendent for State of Hawaii, DOE: Hilo-Waiakea). The Distinguished SERVICE honoree is Director of University Relations and External Affairs emeritus, Gerald De Mello.
Please come and join us in honoring and celebrating these well-deserved award recipients. Tickets to the event include the cost of the buffet at $75 each or $600 for a table of eight (a portion is tax-deductible). Please RSVP by February 8, 2013 to the Marketing and Alumni office at 974-7501 or 974-7643.
Proceeds from the auctions help sponsor the Alumni Scholarship Fund, which helps to provide opportunities for immediate relatives of UH Hilo alumni or alumni themselves returning for another degree.
Special Restrictions: $75 per person; $600 for a table of eight (a portion is tax-deductible)
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7501
What's also happening?
|Week of February 17, 2013||Next →|
Holiday observed: Presidents’ Day
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.