Distinguished Alumni and Service Awards Banquet - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Distinguished Alumni and Service Awards Banquet
Location: UH Hilo Campus Center Dining Hall
Join us for an evening of elegance and entertainment at the 13th Annual Distinguished Alumni and Service Awards Banquet on Friday, February 22, 2013 at the UH Hilo Campus Center Dining Hall, beginning at 5:00 pm.
Sponsored by the University of Hawai’i at Hilo Alumni and Friends Association, this signature event includes a live and silent auction, sumptuous buffet and a chance to network with university and community leaders and supporters.
The 2013 Distinguished ALUMNI honorees are Eric Matsumoto (16th Bishop of the Honpa Hongwanji Mission of Hawaii), Larry Kimura (Assistant Professor of Hawaiian Language and Culture), and Valerie Takata (Complex Area Superintendent for State of Hawaii, DOE: Hilo-Waiakea). The Distinguished SERVICE honoree is Director of University Relations and External Affairs emeritus, Gerald De Mello.
Please come and join us in honoring and celebrating these well-deserved award recipients. Tickets to the event include the cost of the buffet at $75 each or $600 for a table of eight (a portion is tax-deductible). Please RSVP by February 8, 2013 to the Marketing and Alumni office at 974-7501 or 974-7643.
Proceeds from the auctions help sponsor the Alumni Scholarship Fund, which helps to provide opportunities for immediate relatives of UH Hilo alumni or alumni themselves returning for another degree.
Special Restrictions: $75 per person; $600 for a table of eight (a portion is tax-deductible)
For more information, contact: email@example.com 974-7501
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: Presidents' Day
7:30p International Nights
7:30p International Nights
- Book Drive
- The East-West Center Club is doing a book drive on campus. Books collected will be donated to the World Book Bank, which sends the books to poor developing nations to help build libraries and reduce the illiteracy rates of adults and children. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- The APIASF General Scholarship is open to Asian American and Pacific Islander students who will be enrolling or are currently enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university as a degree-seeking undergraduate student in Fall 2015. ...
- International Nights 2015 Seeking Performers
- The UH Hilo International Student Association invites students to perform in International Nights 2015! The shows will be held on February 6 & 7, 2015 at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- UH Hilo Upward Bound Employment Opportunity
- TUTORS WANTED! ~College students who are proficient in Mathematics, English/Language Arts, Foreign Language, and/or Science~ Duties: • Drive to assigned local or rural high schools • Provide tutoring and write reports documenting ...
- College Goal 808
- College Goal 808 is designed to help students and their families navigate the student financial aid process. The event offers free assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaii System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.