Afiara String Quartet - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Afiara String Quartet
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Presented by the Hawaii Concert Society
Formed in 2006, these new kids on the block take their name from the Spanish fiar, meaning "to trust," a basic element vital to the depth and joy of their music- making. The Afiaras are the winners of the 2008 Concert Artists Guild International Competition, the 2010 Young Canadian Musicians Award, and took top prizes at the Munich ARD International Music Competition and the Banff International String Quartet Competition, where they also took the Szekely Prize for best Beethoven interpretation. This youthful Canadian Quartet has lively interest in new works and fresh insight into core classical repertoire.
"A revelation...their performance individually and collectively, their musicality and maturity...place the Afiara among the best of current quartet.” - La Presse
"Moments of sheer transcendent beauty abounded from both the music and the musicians.” - Montreal Chamber Music Festival Review
Special Restrictions: Admission required. Tickets are $20 General, $16 Seniors, and $10 for Students.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 974-7310
What's also happening?
|Week of February 24, 2013||Next →|
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.