Afiara String Quartet - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Afiara String Quartet
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Presented by the Hawaii Concert Society
Formed in 2006, these new kids on the block take their name from the Spanish fiar, meaning "to trust," a basic element vital to the depth and joy of their music- making. The Afiaras are the winners of the 2008 Concert Artists Guild International Competition, the 2010 Young Canadian Musicians Award, and took top prizes at the Munich ARD International Music Competition and the Banff International String Quartet Competition, where they also took the Szekely Prize for best Beethoven interpretation. This youthful Canadian Quartet has lively interest in new works and fresh insight into core classical repertoire.
"A revelation...their performance individually and collectively, their musicality and maturity...place the Afiara among the best of current quartet.” - La Presse
"Moments of sheer transcendent beauty abounded from both the music and the musicians.” - Montreal Chamber Music Festival Review
Special Restrictions: Admission required. Tickets are $20 General, $16 Seniors, and $10 for Students.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7310
What's also happening?
|Week of February 24, 2013||Next →|
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaii and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- Software Systems for Astronomy July 25-August 5
- Mark your calendar for July 25 - August 5, 2016 (tentatively set) for the second annual Software Systems in Astronomy two week intensive class offered by Professor Albert Conrad. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.