Afiara String Quartet - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Afiara String Quartet
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Presented by the Hawaii Concert Society
Formed in 2006, these new kids on the block take their name from the Spanish fiar, meaning "to trust," a basic element vital to the depth and joy of their music- making. The Afiaras are the winners of the 2008 Concert Artists Guild International Competition, the 2010 Young Canadian Musicians Award, and took top prizes at the Munich ARD International Music Competition and the Banff International String Quartet Competition, where they also took the Szekely Prize for best Beethoven interpretation. This youthful Canadian Quartet has lively interest in new works and fresh insight into core classical repertoire.
"A revelation...their performance individually and collectively, their musicality and maturity...place the Afiara among the best of current quartet.” - La Presse
"Moments of sheer transcendent beauty abounded from both the music and the musicians.” - Montreal Chamber Music Festival Review
Special Restrictions: Admission required. Tickets are $20 General, $16 Seniors, and $10 for Students.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7310
What's also happening?
|Week of February 24, 2013||Next →|
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- UH Hilo Mentoring Recognition Award!
- Having a great mentor is critical in student success and we'd like to know who has been your mentor here at UH Hilo. ...
- Campus & Community Service Spring Food Drive
- It’s that time of year again! Campus and Community Service is holding the Annual Spring Food Drive in conjunction with the University of Hawaiʻi State Food Drive. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.