Afiara String Quartet - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Afiara String Quartet
Thursday, February 28, 2013, 7:30pm to 9:30pm
@ UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Presented by the Hawaii Concert Society
Formed in 2006, these new kids on the block take their name from the Spanish fiar, meaning "to trust," a basic element vital to the depth and joy of their music- making. The Afiaras are the winners of the 2008 Concert Artists Guild International Competition, the 2010 Young Canadian Musicians Award, and took top prizes at the Munich ARD International Music Competition and the Banff International String Quartet Competition, where they also took the Szekely Prize for best Beethoven interpretation. This youthful Canadian Quartet has lively interest in new works and fresh insight into core classical repertoire.
"A revelation...their performance individually and collectively, their musicality and maturity...place the Afiara among the best of current quartet.” - La Presse
"Moments of sheer transcendent beauty abounded from both the music and the musicians.” - Montreal Chamber Music Festival Review
Special Restrictions: Admission required. Tickets are $20 General, $16 Seniors, and $10 for Students.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7310
What's also happening?
|February 2013/March 2013|
7p Film: Whisky
7:30p Afiara String Quartet
- International Nights 2014
- Groups and individuals who wish to perform at this year's International Nights are invited to submit a Participation Form. The form is online at hilo.hawaii.edu/studentaffairs/international/IN.php . Deadline is December 1, 2013. ...
- Ho‘olaule‘a Volunteers Needed!
- Aloha all! The 2014 Ho‘olaule‘a is coming up quickly! And we will need all the volunteers we can get! Ho‘olaule‘a will be on January 18, 2014 from 12pm – 9:30pm in the lower parking lot behind the theater. ...
- College Goal 808
- College Goal 808 is designed to help students and their families navigate the student financial aid process. The event offers free assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available
- Hohonu, the UH Hilo student academic journal is looking to fill staff positions for the 2013-2014 school year. If you are want to join the Hohonu Team, you can find the application on hilo.hawaii.edu/academics/hohonu/ or in Campus Center 210.
- Kanilehua Positions Available!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's student art & literary magazine. We publish creative fiction, non-fiction, poetry, visual, and multi-media arts to showcase the talent of UH Hilo students. ...
- University of Hawaii System Common Scholarship Application
- UH Hilo students are able to apply for both University of Hawaii System scholarships as well as UH Hilo scholarships on ONE application. The University of Hawaii System Common Scholarship Application will be available beginning December 1, 2013. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2014-2015
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2014-2015 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2014. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...