Afiara String Quartet - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Afiara String Quartet
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Presented by the Hawaii Concert Society
Formed in 2006, these new kids on the block take their name from the Spanish fiar, meaning "to trust," a basic element vital to the depth and joy of their music- making. The Afiaras are the winners of the 2008 Concert Artists Guild International Competition, the 2010 Young Canadian Musicians Award, and took top prizes at the Munich ARD International Music Competition and the Banff International String Quartet Competition, where they also took the Szekely Prize for best Beethoven interpretation. This youthful Canadian Quartet has lively interest in new works and fresh insight into core classical repertoire.
"A revelation...their performance individually and collectively, their musicality and maturity...place the Afiara among the best of current quartet.” - La Presse
"Moments of sheer transcendent beauty abounded from both the music and the musicians.” - Montreal Chamber Music Festival Review
Special Restrictions: Admission required. Tickets are $20 General, $16 Seniors, and $10 for Students.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 974-7310
What's also happening?
|February 2013/March 2013|
7p Film: Whisky
7:30p Afiara String Quartet
- UH Hilo Food Drive
- 1 can, 2 can, 3 can, MORE! It's time for UH Hilo's annual canned food drive to help out our community partner, the Hawai'i Food Basket. ...
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study Hello University of Hawaii students, We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. ...
- Note Taker Needed--SPRING 2015
- Aloha! Disabilities Services is in need of a note taker for an upper level ANTH class. Please keep in mind that you need to be in the same major or minor field, currently in the class, or have taken it before and passed with a "B" or ...
- Note Takers Needed--FALL 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.