Global Cafe - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: Campus Center Room 306
All new international students are welcome and encouraged to attend this workshop designed to give you strategies to adjust to, thrive, and be successful in your new home at UH Hilo. Topics will include dealing with homesickness, culture shock, establishing social and support networks, and understanding the US American system of higher education and its culture. Hear and learn from international students who have been at UH Hilo for a while, who will share their experiences and advice. Campus resources to help you be successful will also be highlighted.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 974-7313
What's also happening?
12p Tumble Tower
4:30p Global Cafe
- UH Hilo Student Association Tee Shirt Design Contest!
- Enter for a chance to win an iPad mini or an iPod nano! If you are a UH Hilo student with a creative side, submit your own tee shirt design via email by the end of October 31st, 2014. ...
- University Dining Services Survey
- Take the University Dining Services SURVEY and you will be entered to WIN One of Two $150 Gift Cards in Dining Points! Your feedback is important and we want to hear from you! Take the Survey Online at: http://vcil. ...
- Seeking Vendors for the 2015 Hoʻolauleʻa!
- The 2015 Hoʻolauleʻa Committee is seeking vendors for our 20th annual event. The event is on Saturday, January 17, 2015 from 12:00pm to 8:00pm in the Performing Arts Center Parking Lot on UH Hilo campus. ...
- Volunteers wanted for an e-cigarette study
- We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. The purpose is to interview e-cigarette users on reasons for starting, dual use of conventional cigarettes, and opinions on potential legislation. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.