Global Cafe - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: Campus Center Room 306
All new international students are welcome and encouraged to attend this workshop designed to give you strategies to adjust to, thrive, and be successful in your new home at UH Hilo. Topics will include dealing with homesickness, culture shock, establishing social and support networks, and understanding the US American system of higher education and its culture. Hear and learn from international students who have been at UH Hilo for a while, who will share their experiences and advice. Campus resources to help you be successful will also be highlighted.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 974-7313
What's also happening?
12p Tumble Tower
4:30p Global Cafe
- Aloha ʻAina Film and Talkstory Series on "Malama Honua"
- The Aloha ʻAina Film & talkstory Series on "Malama Honua" is bringing Toby McLeod to Hilo to present a four-part documentary series showing how indigenous communities are resisting threats to their sacred places in a growing movement to defend ...
- Student Parking at the Hilo YMCA
- Limited free and paid parking is available at the Hilo YMCA on Lanikaula Street, across from the UH Hilo main campus. More information is at the YMCA office or call 935-3721.
- Sign up for the Women's Speed Mentoring Program!
- The Women's Speed Mentoring Program is an opportunity to connect with professional and successful women from organizations such as: AAUW-American Association of University Women, ZONTA and UH Hilo Women's Center, whom are working together this ...
- Kanilehua Positions Open!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's Student Art & Literary Magazine, published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available!
- Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Eruption and Lava Flow Update
- For more information on the eruption and lava flow in Puna, please visit the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory at hvo.wr.usgs.gov/ and the Hawaiʻi County Civil Defense Messages and Alerts site at www.hawaiicounty.gov/active-alerts/. ...
- 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil
- In support for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Violence Interagency Committee and Public Awareness Committee will be coordinating the 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil to remember those who lost their lives to domestic ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.