Film: Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Film: Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry
Location: UCB 127
Winner of the Sundance Film Festival Special Jury Prize 2012, this film is about Ai Weiwei --China's most famous international artist and its most outspoken domestic critic. It is the inside story of a dissident for the digital age who inspires global audiences and blurs the boundaries of art and politics. Against a backdrop of strict censorship and an unresponsive legal system, Ai expresses himself and organizes people through art and social media. The film provides a nuanced exploration of contemporary China and one of its most compelling public figures. Part of the Global Lens international film series. Free admission.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 974-7313
What's also happening?
|Week of January 27, 2013||Next →|
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaii and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- Software Systems for Astronomy July 25-August 5
- Mark your calendar for July 25 - August 5, 2016 (tentatively set) for the second annual Software Systems in Astronomy two week intensive class offered by Professor Albert Conrad. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.