Film: Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Film: Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry
Location: UCB 127
Winner of the Sundance Film Festival Special Jury Prize 2012, this film is about Ai Weiwei --China's most famous international artist and its most outspoken domestic critic. It is the inside story of a dissident for the digital age who inspires global audiences and blurs the boundaries of art and politics. Against a backdrop of strict censorship and an unresponsive legal system, Ai expresses himself and organizes people through art and social media. The film provides a nuanced exploration of contemporary China and one of its most compelling public figures. Part of the Global Lens international film series. Free admission.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 974-7313
What's also happening?
|January 2013/February 2013|
- Multi-Cultural Festival
- A multicultural celebration in honor of our diverse community. This event is free to the public with free food, music, and traditional cultural dances! Help support the Hawaii Food Basket by bringing non-perishable food items to the ...
- UH Hilo Food Drive
- 1 can, 2 can, 3 can, MORE! It's time for UH Hilo's annual canned food drive to help out our community partner, the Hawai'i Food Basket. ...
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study Hello University of Hawaii students, We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. ...
- Note Taker Needed--SPRING 2015
- Aloha! Disabilities Services is in need of a note taker for an upper level ANTH class. Please keep in mind that you need to be in the same major or minor field, currently in the class, or have taken it before and passed with a "B" or ...
- Note Takers Needed--FALL 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.