Childhood and Adolescence in Brazil - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Childhood and Adolescence in Brazil
Location: UCB 115
Film and discussion with Catula Pelisoli, a PhD candidate in clinical psychology in Brazil. Catula is a visiting a scholar at UH Hilo working on an international study of child sexual abuse evaluations. Catula will show a prize-winning Brazilian documentary called The Invention of Childhood which shows how children from all walks of life in Brazil are being deprived of an important part of childhood--from time to play and quality time with their parents. Catula will discuss the issues raised in the film, show some beautiful slides about Brazil, and answer questions about her presentation or about Brazil.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 974-7313
What's also happening?
4:30a Free Yoga
11:30a Cookie Decorating
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa will begin on Tuesday, September 23rd and run thru Friday, September 26th. A week of practitioner demonstrations in the atrium will be free to the public and lead up to a Tahitian show “under the stars” in the ...
- Student Parking at the Hilo YMCA
- Limited free and paid parking is available at the Hilo YMCA on Lanikaula Street, across from the UH Hilo main campus. More information is at the YMCA office or call 935-3721.
- Sign up for the Women's Speed Mentoring Program!
- The Women's Speed Mentoring Program is an opportunity to connect with professional and successful women from organizations such as: AAUW-American Association of University Women, ZONTA and UH Hilo Women's Center, whom are working together this ...
- Kanilehua Positions Open!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's Student Art & Literary Magazine, published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available!
- Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil
- In support for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Violence Interagency Committee and Public Awareness Committee will be coordinating the 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil to remember those who lost their lives to domestic ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.