ALEX Student Research Conference Call For Papers - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
ALEX Student Research Conference Call For Papers
The Office of Applied Learning Experiences (ALEX) is proud to announce the University of Hawai'i at Hilo's first student research conference, to be held on Saturday, February 9 in the University Classroom Building. The purpose of the conference is to both highlight student research efforts at UH Hilo and encourage and facilitate faculty use of student research in course design. The program will consist of student research presentations using various formats (poster session, table top display, or podium presentation) that will be judged and considered for awards. In addition, faculty who actively utilize research in their courses will conduct information sessions designed to help faculty to integrate research into their own courses.
Call For Papers
The ALEX office is actively soliciting abstracts of student research. Student research should be original and substantive work completed during the completion of a course or under the supervision of a faculty member (e.g., independent study). There are no restrictions on when the research was completed, but it's assumed that most presentations will come from student work completed during the Summer or Fall 2012 semesters. It is assumed that student presenters will be available to present their research at any time during the day of the conference.
Abstracts may be submitted at the following web URL: goo.gl/kEmfZ
The deadline for submissions is December 31, 2012.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808 9747384
What's also happening?
|January 2015/February 2015|
- International Nights Tickets on Sale
- Tickets for the annual International Nights performances are now on sale! The shows are scheduled for February 6 and 7, 2015. Tickets can be purchased at the Performing Arts Center Box Office, Tuesday-Friday from 9-1. ...
- College Goal 808
- College Goal 808 is designed to help students and their families navigate the student financial aid process. The event offers free assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. ...
- WANNA GET PUBLISHED? Hohonu is accepting submissions!
- Have you ever heard of the saying “you cannot be published unless you’re published?” This saying is very true. Hohonu is an academic journal here at UH Hilo seeking students who want to get their research and academic essays published. ...
- Hohonu Cover Art Design Contest
- Hohonu, UH Hilo’s academic journal is seeking for potential cover art pieces for our 2013-2014 AND 2014-2015 publications! 1st prize winner will be awarded a Wacon Intuos Professional Pen and Touch – Medium (one of the best graphics pads ...
- Pre-Valentine Concert with Kris Fuchigami
- Accomplished ʻukulele artist, Kris Fuchigami returns to ‘Imiloa’s Planetarium stage with special guest and award-winning artist, Brittni Paiva. Ticket includes pupus at 5:30 p.m. in Atrium, and concert at 7 p.m. under planetarium stars. ...
- PIPES 2015 Summer Internships - Online apps available!
- If you're a student looking for an exciting summer internship opportunity with agencies and organizations who work in conservation science, natural resource management, and environmental education then check out our PIPES 2015 program. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaiʻi System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.