ALEX Student Research Conference Call For Papers - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
ALEX Student Research Conference Call For Papers
The Office of Applied Learning Experiences (ALEX) is proud to announce the University of Hawai'i at Hilo's first student research conference, to be held on Saturday, February 9 in the University Classroom Building. The purpose of the conference is to both highlight student research efforts at UH Hilo and encourage and facilitate faculty use of student research in course design. The program will consist of student research presentations using various formats (poster session, table top display, or podium presentation) that will be judged and considered for awards. In addition, faculty who actively utilize research in their courses will conduct information sessions designed to help faculty to integrate research into their own courses.
Call For Papers
The ALEX office is actively soliciting abstracts of student research. Student research should be original and substantive work completed during the completion of a course or under the supervision of a faculty member (e.g., independent study). There are no restrictions on when the research was completed, but it's assumed that most presentations will come from student work completed during the Summer or Fall 2012 semesters. It is assumed that student presenters will be available to present their research at any time during the day of the conference.
Abstracts may be submitted at the following web URL: goo.gl/kEmfZ
The deadline for submissions is December 31, 2012.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808 9747384
What's also happening?
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaiʻi and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Applications
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2016-2017 academic year. ...
- Epic Origami at ʻImiloa
- ʻImiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- RISO Orientation and Funding Workshop
- Interested in reapplying as a Registered Independent Student Organization (R.I.S.O.) for the 2015-2016 school year... ...
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Applications
- UH Hilo students of Asian American and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity who are US citizens, nationals or permanent residents (or citizens of the FSM, Palau or the Marshall Islands) are eligible to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.