ALEX Student Research Conference Call For Papers - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
ALEX Student Research Conference Call For Papers
The Office of Applied Learning Experiences (ALEX) is proud to announce the University of Hawai'i at Hilo's first student research conference, to be held on Saturday, February 9 in the University Classroom Building. The purpose of the conference is to both highlight student research efforts at UH Hilo and encourage and facilitate faculty use of student research in course design. The program will consist of student research presentations using various formats (poster session, table top display, or podium presentation) that will be judged and considered for awards. In addition, faculty who actively utilize research in their courses will conduct information sessions designed to help faculty to integrate research into their own courses.
Call For Papers
The ALEX office is actively soliciting abstracts of student research. Student research should be original and substantive work completed during the completion of a course or under the supervision of a faculty member (e.g., independent study). There are no restrictions on when the research was completed, but it's assumed that most presentations will come from student work completed during the Summer or Fall 2012 semesters. It is assumed that student presenters will be available to present their research at any time during the day of the conference.
Abstracts may be submitted at the following web URL: goo.gl/kEmfZ
The deadline for submissions is December 31, 2012.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808 9747384
What's also happening?
|Week of December 30, 2012||Next →|
Holiday observed: New Year’s Day
- New Student Programs New Student Survey
- Is this your first year attending UH Hilo as a student? New Student Programs (NSP) puts on many programs, like Haumana Hou Lounge and the Bike Share Program, for new students through the feedback you provide us. ...
- Break Thru Adventures Participant Applications Available
- Break Through Adventures (BTA) participant applications are now open and available for the Spring 2017 trip. ...
- Study Abroad Application Deadline
- Are you interested in studying abroad for the summer 2017 term or spring 2018 semester? If so, please submit your application and supporting documents to the Center for Global Education and Exchange (CGEE) office by 4:30pm on March 1, 2017. ...
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Group
- The ASD Support Group is for students who are members of the Autism Spectrum community. The purpose of the group is for members to get support from others in a safe, semi-structured social setting. Group meets once a week. ...
- LGBTQIA+ Support Group
- LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual) Support Group is for UH Hilo students who are questioning or identify as members of the LGBTQIA community. Group meets once a week for 1 hour throughout the semester. ...
- Support Group for Students with Disabilties
- The Support Group for Students with Disabilities is for students with physical, learning, psychiatric, or other disabilities. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Cards
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignments, report, tests, and more. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- The University Concierge is your one-stop-shop for all campus info and hosts UH Hilo’s Bike Share Program and New Student Programs’ Academic Achievement Awards Cards. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
- Volunteers Needed!
- Campus and Community Service(CCS) is a Campus Center program that provides an educational approach to foster civic responsibility and engagement through active participation in organized service that meets community needs. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.