ALEX Student Research Conference Call For Papers - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
ALEX Student Research Conference Call For Papers
The Office of Applied Learning Experiences (ALEX) is proud to announce the University of Hawai'i at Hilo's first student research conference, to be held on Saturday, February 9 in the University Classroom Building. The purpose of the conference is to both highlight student research efforts at UH Hilo and encourage and facilitate faculty use of student research in course design. The program will consist of student research presentations using various formats (poster session, table top display, or podium presentation) that will be judged and considered for awards. In addition, faculty who actively utilize research in their courses will conduct information sessions designed to help faculty to integrate research into their own courses.
Call For Papers
The ALEX office is actively soliciting abstracts of student research. Student research should be original and substantive work completed during the completion of a course or under the supervision of a faculty member (e.g., independent study). There are no restrictions on when the research was completed, but it's assumed that most presentations will come from student work completed during the Summer or Fall 2012 semesters. It is assumed that student presenters will be available to present their research at any time during the day of the conference.
Abstracts may be submitted at the following web URL: goo.gl/kEmfZ
The deadline for submissions is December 31, 2012.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808 9747384
What's also happening?
10a Cupcake Bar
10a Pink Out!
10a Cupcake Bar
- Calling all female students! Join the SISTA Project!
- The SISTA Project is an all-women’s empowerment group designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. ...
- Board of Student Publications (BOSP) 2014-2015 Applications
- The Board of Student Publications (BOSP) is a Charted Student Organization that oversees the three (3) UH Hilo publications, Ke Kalahea, Hohonu, and Kanilehua. ...
- 19th Annual Make A Difference Day
- Make A Difference Day is an annual event that takes place on Saturday October 25. For this event we will be focusing on projects on UH Hilo's campus. Projects may include, gardening, weeding, general maintenance and campus beautification. ...
- UH Hilo Student Association Tee Shirt Design Contest!
- Enter for a chance to win an iPad mini or an iPod nano! If you are a UH Hilo student with a creative side, submit your own tee shirt design via email by the end of October 31st, 2014. ...
- University Dining Services Survey
- Take the University Dining Services SURVEY and you will be entered to WIN One of Two $150 Gift Cards in Dining Points! Your feedback is important and we want to hear from you! Take the Survey Online at: http://vcil. ...
- Seeking Vendors for the 2015 Hoʻolauleʻa!
- The 2015 Hoʻolauleʻa Committee is seeking vendors for our 20th annual event. The event is on Saturday, January 17, 2015 from 12:00pm to 8:00pm in the Performing Arts Center Parking Lot on UH Hilo campus. ...
- Volunteers wanted for an e-cigarette study
- We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. The purpose is to interview e-cigarette users on reasons for starting, dual use of conventional cigarettes, and opinions on potential legislation. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.