Movie: Buffalo Boy - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Movie: Buffalo Boy
Location: UCB Room 115
Set in the haunting watery wilds of Vietnam shortly before north and south were violently parted, when the country was still part of the French imperialist dream and known to the larger world as Indochina, Buffalo Boy tells a deceptively simple tale in a deceptively simple fashion. This powerful coming of age tale is a richly textured and stunningly visual reflection of the rhythms of daily life and culture determined by water. Director Minh Nguyen-Vo presents this mythic tale with indelible images that serve to tell the story of the relationship between a father and son, the cycles of life, and the inescapable flow of all things. In Vietnamese with English subtitles. Free admission.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-974-7313
What's also happening?
|Week of November 25, 2012||Next →|
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.