UH InfoSec Security Broadcast and Contest - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
UH InfoSec Security Broadcast and Contest
Location: Broadcast live to HITS sites throughout the UH system
In recognition of October as National Cyber Security Awareness Month the UH Information Security Team (InfoSec) will sponsor 5 broadcast presentations on security topics and conduct an “Are you Cyber S.M.A.R.T.” online contest to win iTunes. Attend or view a rebroadcast of a weekly presentation, then visit and Like the InfoSec Facebook page to answer that week’s security question correctly and enter a drawing for iTunes cards up to $25.
The purpose of NCSAM is to raise awareness to the issues facing cyber security not only at UH but also in everyone’s personal daily lives. Weekly topics for the systemwide InfoSec presentations are:
Oct 4 - Secure Information Destruction 10:30am - 11:30am
Oct 8 - Management and Storage of Sensitive Information
Oct 19 - Avoid Identity Theft
Oct 22 - Responsible Computing Practices
Oct 31 - Think Before You Click.
The presentations will originate from Kuykendall Hall on the UH Manoa campus, be broadcast live to HITS sites throughout the UH system, and viewable as recordings following broadcast at: uhtv.its.hawaii.edu/NCAM. For details on presentations and iTunes contest visit the InfoSec webpage: www.hawaii.edu/infosec
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 956-9393
What's also happening?
|Week of September 30, 2012||Next →|
- Anti-Poverty Organizing and Advocacy Fellowship
- RESULTS is an international non-profit based in Washington, DC that advocates for the end of poverty in the US and across the world by promoting access to health, education, and economic opportunity. ...
- Haumana Hou Lounge
- New Student Programs is happy to announce that the Haumana Hou Lounge is happening every Tuesday at a NEW location! Stop by room W201 of the Student Services Building/Center every Tuesday starting January 26, 2016 for a relaxing place to study. ...
- UH Hilo Bike Share Program
- The University Concierge by New Student Programs is proud to offer UH Hilo's new Bike Share Program! All current students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to borrow a bicycle to run errands around town. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- UH Hilo welcomes the newest service to support our university and community ‘ohana. Introducing The University Concierge. Located on the first floor of the Student Services Center, The University Concierge is a gateway for campus information. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Card
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignment, report, tests, and more. ...
- Drop-In Resumé Critique
- Need advice on how to improve your resumé? Drop in to the Career and Academic Advising Center (Student Services Center, E203) for a resumé critique with Lyssa on Tuesdays, between 1:00-3:30 pm. No appointment necessary.
- Bicycles Wanted!
- The Bike Share Program by New Student Programs (NSP) is in search of bicycles! We gladly accept any bicycle donations throughout the year. ...
- Software Systems for Astronomy July 25-August 5
- Mark your calendar for July 25 - August 5, 2016 (tentatively set) for the second annual Software Systems in Astronomy two week intensive class offered by Professor Albert Conrad. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.