UH InfoSec Security Broadcast and Contest - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
UH InfoSec Security Broadcast and Contest
Location: Broadcast live to HITS sites throughout the UH system
In recognition of October as National Cyber Security Awareness Month the UH Information Security Team (InfoSec) will sponsor 5 broadcast presentations on security topics and conduct an “Are you Cyber S.M.A.R.T.” online contest to win iTunes. Attend or view a rebroadcast of a weekly presentation, then visit and Like the InfoSec Facebook page to answer that week’s security question correctly and enter a drawing for iTunes cards up to $25.
The purpose of NCSAM is to raise awareness to the issues facing cyber security not only at UH but also in everyone’s personal daily lives. Weekly topics for the systemwide InfoSec presentations are:
Oct 4 - Secure Information Destruction 10:30am - 11:30am
Oct 8 - Management and Storage of Sensitive Information
Oct 19 - Avoid Identity Theft
Oct 22 - Responsible Computing Practices
Oct 31 - Think Before You Click.
The presentations will originate from Kuykendall Hall on the UH Manoa campus, be broadcast live to HITS sites throughout the UH system, and viewable as recordings following broadcast at: uhtv.its.hawaii.edu/NCAM. For details on presentations and iTunes contest visit the InfoSec webpage: www.hawaii.edu/infosec
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 956-9393
What's also happening?
|Week of September 30, 2012||Next →|
- Campus & Community Service Spring Food Drive
- It’s that time of year again! Campus and Community Service is holding the Annual Spring Food Drive in conjunction with the University of Hawaiʻi State Food Drive. ...
- Looking For Gender And Women's Studies Club Officers
- Aloha! We are trying to revive the Gender and Women's Studies club here at UH Hilo campus. As of right now, we are looking for students who would be interested in becoming an officer. All ideas and interests are welcome. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatitis C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Testing is Anonymous, Safe & Fast! More info at hilo.hawaii.edu/studentaffairs/health/#hiv
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Study Abroad Applications Due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.