Eia Hawaii: Redefining the Kaluulu - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Eia Hawaii: Redefining the Kaluulu
Location: Campus Center 301
Redefining the Kaluulu: Past, Present and Future is the first of the 2012-2013 Eia Hawaii Lecture Series and features Noa Kekuewa Lincoln.
The kaluulu, a large breadfruit grove of old Kona, was a huge source of food, even during years of drought. Many famous and powerful chiefs, such as a Liloa, Umi, and Kalaniopuu and even Kamehameha I utilized Kona as the political and military center of old Hawaii. That the kaluulu cut across political boundaries and encompasses thousands of individual family plots, tells of a chief's power to mobilize efforts across the Kona region.
Noa Kekuewa Lincoln will present his research that has examined the extent and production of the kaluulu in pre-European Hawaii and also discusses contemporary projects aimed at revitalizing breadfruit as a healthy, sustainable food in the modern context.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-933-0897
What's also happening?
3:30p Writing for Kani Lehua
3:30p Writing for Kanilehua
- Calling all Female Students! Join the SISTA Project Today!
- The SISTA Project is an all-women’s empowerment group designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaiʻi System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.