On Ensemble - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
The UH Hilo Performing Arts Center presents On Ensemble on Saturday, November 17, at 7:30pm as part of its 2012-13 Season of Events.
With Japanese drums at the foundation of its world fusion mix, On Ensemble takes the ancient instruments of taiko into new realms. Infusing the powerful rhythms of ensemble Japanese drumming with elements of hip-hop, rock and electronica, On Ensemble’s unique sound has been praised as “completely original and brilliantly conceived.”
On Ensemble’s four members, Masato Baba, Kristofer Bergstrom, Shoji Kameda and Kelvin Underwood are individually recognized as leading artists in their field and have been featured in the music of the hit TV show “Heroes” and in the David Mamet movie “Redbelt”. As On Ensemble they combine their study and deep appreciation of tradition with equally formative experiences as DJs, electronic music producers, Jazz drummers, and rock bassists to create a repertoire of ground-breaking music.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are reserved seating and priced at $20 General, $15 Discount and $10 UH Students with ID & Children. Box Office hours are Tuesday - Friday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Call 974-7310 or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
**Please Note: the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center Box Office is currently located in TA-141, in the back hallway of the Performing Arts Center for daytime operations.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7310
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: Veterans' Day
6a Free Yoga
4:30p Free Yoga
7:30p On Ensemble
- Sign up for the Women's Speed Mentoring Program!
- The Women's Speed Mentoring Program is an opportunity to connect with professional and successful women from organizations such as: AAUW-American Association of University Women, ZONTA and UH Hilo Women's Center, whom are working together this ...
- Kanilehua Positions Open!
- Kanilehua is UH Hilo's Student Art & Literary Magazine, published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- Hohonu Positions Available!
- Hohonu is a journal of academic writing published for and by the students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy White Coat Ceremony
- 83 students from the class of 2018 will recite the Oath of a Pharmacist in an emotional ceremony that signifies the rite of passage for students entering their first year in the professional program.
- APIASF Scholarship
- Native Hawaiian, Asian American & Pacific Islander students are invited to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the Spring 2015 semester. About 10 UH Hilo students will be awarded a $2,500 scholarship for the spring semester. ...
- 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil
- In support for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Violence Interagency Committee and Public Awareness Committee will be coordinating the 26th Annual Family Peace Walk and Vigil to remember those who lost their lives to domestic ...
- Calling all female students! Join the SISTA Project!
- The SISTA Project is an all-women’s empowerment group designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. ...
- Board of Student Publications (BOSP) 2014-2015 Applications
- The Board of Student Publications (BOSP) is a Charted Student Organization that oversees the three (3) UH Hilo publications, Ke Kalahea, Hohonu, and Kanilehua. ...
- Volunteers wanted for an e-cigarette study
- We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. The purpose is to interview e-cigarette users on reasons for starting, dual use of conventional cigarettes, and opinions on potential legislation. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.