On Ensemble - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
The UH Hilo Performing Arts Center presents On Ensemble on Saturday, November 17, at 7:30pm as part of its 2012-13 Season of Events.
With Japanese drums at the foundation of its world fusion mix, On Ensemble takes the ancient instruments of taiko into new realms. Infusing the powerful rhythms of ensemble Japanese drumming with elements of hip-hop, rock and electronica, On Ensemble’s unique sound has been praised as “completely original and brilliantly conceived.”
On Ensemble’s four members, Masato Baba, Kristofer Bergstrom, Shoji Kameda and Kelvin Underwood are individually recognized as leading artists in their field and have been featured in the music of the hit TV show “Heroes” and in the David Mamet movie “Redbelt”. As On Ensemble they combine their study and deep appreciation of tradition with equally formative experiences as DJs, electronic music producers, Jazz drummers, and rock bassists to create a repertoire of ground-breaking music.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are reserved seating and priced at $20 General, $15 Discount and $10 UH Students with ID & Children. Box Office hours are Tuesday - Friday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Call 974-7310 or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
**Please Note: the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center Box Office is currently located in TA-141, in the back hallway of the Performing Arts Center for daytime operations.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7310
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: Veterans' Day
6a Free Yoga
4:30p Free Yoga
7:30p On Ensemble
- Advising for Spring 2015
- In preparation for spring 2015 course registration, be sure to meet with your assigned advisor between November 19-26. You can find your advisor in MyUH and in STAR. ...
- Seeking Vendors for the 2015 Hoʻolauleʻa!
- The 2015 Hoʻolauleʻa Committee is seeking vendors for our 20th annual event. The event is on Saturday, January 17, 2015 from 12:00pm to 8:00pm in the Performing Arts Center Parking Lot on UH Hilo campus. ...
- UH Hilo Upward Bound Employment Opportunity
- TUTORS WANTED! ~College students who are proficient in Mathematics, English/Language Arts, Foreign Language, and/or Science~ Duties: • Drive to assigned local or rural high schools • Provide tutoring and write reports ...
- Board of Student Publications (BOSP) 2014-2015 Applications
- The Board of Student Publications (BOSP) is a Charted UH Hilo Student Organization that oversees the three (3) UH Hilo publications, Ke Kalahea, Hohonu, and Kanilehua and we are filling current vacancies on the Board: If you're interested in ...
- Volunteers wanted for an e-cigarette study
- We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. The purpose is to interview e-cigarette users on reasons for starting, dual use of conventional cigarettes, and opinions on potential legislation. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- The APIASF General Scholarship is open to Asian American and Pacific Islander students who will be enrolling or are currently enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university as a degree-seeking undergraduate student in Fall 2015. ...
- International Nights 2015 Seeking Performers
- The UH Hilo International Student Association invites students to perform in International Nights 2015! The shows will be held on February 6 & 7, 2015 at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- UH Hilo Upward Bound Employment Opportunity
- TUTORS WANTED! ~College students who are proficient in Mathematics, English/Language Arts, Foreign Language, and/or Science~ Duties: • Drive to assigned local or rural high schools • Provide tutoring and write reports documenting ...
- College Goal 808
- College Goal 808 is designed to help students and their families navigate the student financial aid process. The event offers free assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.