On Ensemble - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
The UH Hilo Performing Arts Center presents On Ensemble on Saturday, November 17, at 7:30pm as part of its 2012-13 Season of Events.
With Japanese drums at the foundation of its world fusion mix, On Ensemble takes the ancient instruments of taiko into new realms. Infusing the powerful rhythms of ensemble Japanese drumming with elements of hip-hop, rock and electronica, On Ensemble’s unique sound has been praised as “completely original and brilliantly conceived.”
On Ensemble’s four members, Masato Baba, Kristofer Bergstrom, Shoji Kameda and Kelvin Underwood are individually recognized as leading artists in their field and have been featured in the music of the hit TV show “Heroes” and in the David Mamet movie “Redbelt”. As On Ensemble they combine their study and deep appreciation of tradition with equally formative experiences as DJs, electronic music producers, Jazz drummers, and rock bassists to create a repertoire of ground-breaking music.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are reserved seating and priced at $20 General, $15 Discount and $10 UH Students with ID & Children. Box Office hours are Tuesday - Friday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Call 974-7310 or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
**Please Note: the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center Box Office is currently located in TA-141, in the back hallway of the Performing Arts Center for daytime operations.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 974-7310
What's also happening?
|Week of November 11, 2012||Next →|
Holiday observed: Veterans’ Day
- Fostering Support Group
- A group for UH Hilo students who have spent any part of their upbringing in foster care. The purpose of the group is for members to get support from others in a safe, confidential setting. Please see flyer. ...
- UHHSA Free Morning Beverages
- UHHSA Free Morning Coffee Monday-Friday 9AM-Noon UHHSA Office Room CC-203A
- Join the Student Activities Council!
- The Student Activities Council (SAC) provides programs, activities and services which serve the co-curricular cultural, social, recreational and educational interests of students of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. ...
- NSE Applications for SY2017-18 available now!
- Considering a National Student Exchange? Pick up your application now! Stop by the Student Services Center, Room E-202, or download your application from our website at hilo.hawaii.edu/studentaffairs/nse/. ...
- APIASF General Scholarship
- Apply for a scholarship from APIASF (Asian and Pacific Islander American Scholarship Foundation) for the 2017-2018 year! Eligibility criteria: Be of Asian American, Native Hawaiian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. ...
- Study Abroad Application Deadline
- Are you interested in studying abroad for the summer 2017 term or spring 2018 semester? If so, please submit your application and supporting documents to the Center for Global Education and Exchange (CGEE) office by 4:30pm on March 1, 2017. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Cards
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignments, report, tests, and more. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- The University Concierge is your one-stop-shop for all campus info and hosts UH Hilo’s Bike Share Program and New Student Programs’ Academic Achievement Awards Cards. ...
- UH Hilo Bike Share Program
- The University Concierge by New Student Programs is proud to offer UH Hilo's new Bike Share Program! All current UH Hilo students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to rent a bicycle to use around town. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.