UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
The UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra will be performing their Soul Session 2013 concert on Thursday, May 2nd, at 7:30pm, in the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center.
Under the direction of Trever Veilleux, the Jazz Orchestra comprised of UH Hilo students has enjoyed a growing audience over the last few years, selling out their concert in December.
This semester's evening of live rock-jazz-soul music includes performances of music by such diverse artists as Frank Zappa, Dizzy Gillespie, James Brown, Chick Correa, Steely Dan, Duke Ellington and Meatloaf.
The show will feature a tribute to the great soul singers of the 60's, starring special guest vocalists Ka'iulani Lum-Ho, Justin Chittams, Kimo Apaka, Lilinoe Kauahikaua, Josh Timmons, Scott Wuscher, Christina Hussey, Kawai Soares and choreography by Dori Yamada.
For disability accommodation, contact Heidi at 933-3209 (V) or 933-3334(TTY) at least ten (10) working days prior to the event.
Special Restrictions: Ticket purchase required.
This is an open seating event. Admission is $7 General, $5 Seniors, Students & Children, and the public is encouraged to attend.
For more information, or to order tickets, contact the Box Office at (808) 974-7310 or artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7310
What's also happening?
|Week of April 28, 2013||Next →|
- UH Hilo Scholarship Celebration
- If you received an invitation to the UH Hilo Scholarship Celebration scheduled this month, it's not too late to RSVP. Whether you can attend or not, please email: email@example.com.
- NEW! Student Survey
- New Student Programs (NSP) wants to plan events and services that YOU want to see, so we designed a survey to help us collect this data. ...
- Respectful Relationships Group
- Respectful Relationships: A group for women who want to strengthen connections after abuse and/or trauma Many people experience difficulty with relationships as a result of abuse or trauma. ...
- International Nights
- Tickets for this year's International Nights are now on sale! The shows will be held on Friday, February 19 and Saturday, February 20 at 7:30 pm at the Performing Arts Center. ...
- NSE Applications Now Being Accepted
- The National Student Exchange office is now accepting applications for exchange for the 2016-17 school year. Stop in at the Student Services Center room 202 and pick up your application today. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. ...
- Now Accepting Hohonu Submissions
- Hohonu, the academic journal of UH Hilo, is now accepting research paper submissions from now until Thursday, February 23, 2016. Submissions can be from any course and any year. Submissions must be from current UH Hilo students. ...
- LGBTQIA Student Support Group
- LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual) Support Group is for UH Hilo or Hawai'i CC students who are questioning or identify as members of the LGBTQIA community. ...
- Black History Month at UH HIlo
- Black History Month (BHM) was established in the month of February to recognize and celebrate the contributions of African Americans. ...
- Calling all Females! Join the SISTA Project!
- The SISTA Project is an all-women’s empowerment group designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. ...
- Sign up for Relay for Life 2016
- Relay for Life is right around the corner! This year's Relay for Life celebrates our 10th anniversary on March 11-12, 2016 from 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM! Relay for Life is a nationwide event that celebrates the lives of those affected by cancer, ...
- LGBTQ Climate Survey
- Your Campus. Your Voice. Your Experience UH Hilo is conducting research to better understand the climate for students who identify as LGBTQ and to examine the quality of life of students at UH Hilo. ...
- Haumana Hou Lounge
- New Student Programs is happy to announce that the Haumana Hou Lounge is happening every Tuesday at a NEW location! Stop by room W201 of the Student Services Building/Center every Tuesday starting January 26, 2016 for a relaxing place to study. ...
- UH Hilo Bike Share Program
- The University Concierge by New Student Programs is proud to offer UH Hilo's new Bike Share Program! All current students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to borrow a bicycle to run errands around town. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- UH Hilo welcomes the newest service to support our university and community ‘ohana. Introducing The University Concierge. Located on the first floor of the Student Services Center, The University Concierge is a gateway for campus information. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Card
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignment, report, tests, and more. ...
- Drop-In Resumé Critique
- Need advice on how to improve your resumé? Drop in to the Career and Academic Advising Center (Student Services Center, E203) for a resumé critique with Lyssa on Tuesdays, between 1:00-3:30 pm. No appointment necessary.
- Bicycles Wanted!
- The Bike Share Program by New Student Programs (NSP) is in search of bicycles! We gladly accept any bicycle donations throughout the year. ...
- Software Systems for Astronomy July 25-August 5
- Mark your calendar for July 25 - August 5, 2016 (tentatively set) for the second annual Software Systems in Astronomy two week intensive class offered by Professor Albert Conrad. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.