UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
The UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra will be performing their Soul Session 2013 concert on Thursday, May 2nd, at 7:30pm, in the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center.
Under the direction of Trever Veilleux, the Jazz Orchestra comprised of UH Hilo students has enjoyed a growing audience over the last few years, selling out their concert in December.
This semester's evening of live rock-jazz-soul music includes performances of music by such diverse artists as Frank Zappa, Dizzy Gillespie, James Brown, Chick Correa, Steely Dan, Duke Ellington and Meatloaf.
The show will feature a tribute to the great soul singers of the 60's, starring special guest vocalists Ka'iulani Lum-Ho, Justin Chittams, Kimo Apaka, Lilinoe Kauahikaua, Josh Timmons, Scott Wuscher, Christina Hussey, Kawai Soares and choreography by Dori Yamada.
For disability accommodation, contact Heidi at 933-3209 (V) or 933-3334(TTY) at least ten (10) working days prior to the event.
Special Restrictions: Ticket purchase required.
This is an open seating event. Admission is $7 General, $5 Seniors, Students & Children, and the public is encouraged to attend.
For more information, or to order tickets, contact the Box Office at (808) 974-7310 or artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 974-7310
What's also happening?
|Week of April 28, 2013||Next →|
- Campus & Community Service Hunger Banquet Video Competition
- Campus and Community Services invites you to participate in our Hunger Banquet Video Competition. Please submit a short 3-5 minute video answering the question "How do YOU plan to end hunger?" All videos will be showcased on April 7, 2017 at ...
- Call for Nominations- Ka Lama Ku Recognition Awards
- Nominations are now being accepted for the UH Hilo's Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Recognition Awards for the 2016-2017 school year. ...
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series continues into this Spring 2017 Semester with a Certificate of Leadership for students who complete and attend 7+ leadership sessions. ...
- CSO Recruitment and Application Deadlines
- Want to get involved on campus? Consider joining one of the UH Hilo Chartered Student Organizations (CSOs)! These are the organizations that received your mandatory student organization fees. ...
- LGBTQIA+ Support Group
- LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual) Support Group is for UH Hilo students who are questioning or identify as members of the LGBTQIA community. Group meets once a week for 1 hour throughout the semester. ...
- Support Group for Students with Disabilties
- The Support Group for Students with Disabilities is for students with physical, learning, psychiatric, or other disabilities. ...
- RISO Registration Form now Available
- Attention UH Hilo Students: The CCS office is now accepting RISO registration forms for the 2016-2017 school year. For more information or to view the application and requirements please visit the RISO webpage: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Career Connections
- The Career and Academic Advising Center is hosting a series of information sessions called Career Connections this spring semester. These sessions will feature businesses and employers and allow students to interact in a more intimate setting. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Cards
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignments, report, tests, and more. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- The University Concierge is your one-stop-shop for all campus info and hosts UH Hilo’s Bike Share Program and New Student Programs’ Academic Achievement Awards Cards. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
- Volunteers Needed!
- Campus and Community Service(CCS) is a Campus Center program that provides an educational approach to foster civic responsibility and engagement through active participation in organized service that meets community needs. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.