UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
The UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra will be performing their Soul Session 2013 concert on Thursday, May 2nd, at 7:30pm, in the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center.
Under the direction of Trever Veilleux, the Jazz Orchestra comprised of UH Hilo students has enjoyed a growing audience over the last few years, selling out their concert in December.
This semester's evening of live rock-jazz-soul music includes performances of music by such diverse artists as Frank Zappa, Dizzy Gillespie, James Brown, Chick Correa, Steely Dan, Duke Ellington and Meatloaf.
The show will feature a tribute to the great soul singers of the 60's, starring special guest vocalists Ka'iulani Lum-Ho, Justin Chittams, Kimo Apaka, Lilinoe Kauahikaua, Josh Timmons, Scott Wuscher, Christina Hussey, Kawai Soares and choreography by Dori Yamada.
For disability accommodation, contact Heidi at 933-3209 (V) or 933-3334(TTY) at least ten (10) working days prior to the event.
Special Restrictions: Ticket purchase required.
This is an open seating event. Admission is $7 General, $5 Seniors, Students & Children, and the public is encouraged to attend.
For more information, or to order tickets, contact the Box Office at (808) 974-7310 or artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7310
What's also happening?
|April 2013/May 2013|
3:30p Philosophy Club Meeting
8:30a Weaving Symposium
- Advising for Spring 2015
- In preparation for spring 2015 course registration, be sure to meet with your assigned advisor between November 19-26. You can find your advisor in MyUH and in STAR. ...
- Seeking Vendors for the 2015 Hoʻolauleʻa!
- The 2015 Hoʻolauleʻa Committee is seeking vendors for our 20th annual event. The event is on Saturday, January 17, 2015 from 12:00pm to 8:00pm in the Performing Arts Center Parking Lot on UH Hilo campus. ...
- Board of Student Publications (BOSP) 2014-2015 Applications
- The Board of Student Publications (BOSP) is a Charted UH Hilo Student Organization that oversees the three (3) UH Hilo publications, Ke Kalahea, Hohonu, and Kanilehua and we are filling current vacancies on the Board: If you're interested in ...
- Volunteers wanted for an e-cigarette study
- We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. The purpose is to interview e-cigarette users on reasons for starting, dual use of conventional cigarettes, and opinions on potential legislation. ...
- APIASF Scholarship
- The APIASF General Scholarship is open to Asian American and Pacific Islander students who will be enrolling or are currently enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university as a degree-seeking undergraduate student in Fall 2015. ...
- International Nights 2015 Seeking Performers
- The UH Hilo International Student Association invites students to perform in International Nights 2015! The shows will be held on February 6 & 7, 2015 at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- College Goal 808
- College Goal 808 is designed to help students and their families navigate the student financial aid process. The event offers free assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.