UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
The UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra will be performing their Soul Session 2013 concert on Thursday, May 2nd, at 7:30pm, in the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center.
Under the direction of Trever Veilleux, the Jazz Orchestra comprised of UH Hilo students has enjoyed a growing audience over the last few years, selling out their concert in December.
This semester's evening of live rock-jazz-soul music includes performances of music by such diverse artists as Frank Zappa, Dizzy Gillespie, James Brown, Chick Correa, Steely Dan, Duke Ellington and Meatloaf.
The show will feature a tribute to the great soul singers of the 60's, starring special guest vocalists Ka'iulani Lum-Ho, Justin Chittams, Kimo Apaka, Lilinoe Kauahikaua, Josh Timmons, Scott Wuscher, Christina Hussey, Kawai Soares and choreography by Dori Yamada.
For disability accommodation, contact Heidi at 933-3209 (V) or 933-3334(TTY) at least ten (10) working days prior to the event.
Special Restrictions: Ticket purchase required.
This is an open seating event. Admission is $7 General, $5 Seniors, Students & Children, and the public is encouraged to attend.
For more information, or to order tickets, contact the Box Office at (808) 974-7310 or artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 974-7310
What's also happening?
|Week of April 28, 2013||Next →|
- New Student Programs New Student Survey
- Is this your first year attending UH Hilo as a student? New Student Programs (NSP) puts on many programs, like Haumana Hou Lounge and the Bike Share Program, for new students through the feedback you provide us. ...
- Break Thru Adventures Participant Applications Available
- Break Through Adventures (BTA) participant applications are now open and available for the Spring 2017 trip. ...
- International Nights Tickets Now on Sale!
- Tickets for the popular annual International Nights show are now on sale! The shows will be on Friday, February 10 and Saturday, February 11. ...
- Study Abroad Application Deadline
- Are you interested in studying abroad for the summer 2017 term or spring 2018 semester? If so, please submit your application and supporting documents to the Center for Global Education and Exchange (CGEE) office by 4:30pm on March 1, 2017. ...
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Group
- The ASD Support Group is for students who are members of the Autism Spectrum community. The purpose of the group is for members to get support from others in a safe, semi-structured social setting. Group meets once a week. ...
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series continues into this Spring 2017 Semester with a Certificate of Leadership for students who complete and attend 7+ leadership sessions. ...
- LGBTQIA+ Support Group
- LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual) Support Group is for UH Hilo students who are questioning or identify as members of the LGBTQIA community. Group meets once a week for 1 hour throughout the semester. ...
- Support Group for Students with Disabilties
- The Support Group for Students with Disabilities is for students with physical, learning, psychiatric, or other disabilities. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Cards
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignments, report, tests, and more. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- The University Concierge is your one-stop-shop for all campus info and hosts UH Hilo’s Bike Share Program and New Student Programs’ Academic Achievement Awards Cards. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
- Volunteers Needed!
- Campus and Community Service(CCS) is a Campus Center program that provides an educational approach to foster civic responsibility and engagement through active participation in organized service that meets community needs. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.