Living Waters: Kulanihakoi - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Living Waters: Kulanihakoi
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
A new hula drama by Na Kinimakalehua, the collaborative artistic team composed of master kumu hula Hokulani Holt, Keali'i Reichel, and Pali Ahue. Drawing from epic Hawaiian myths, the many facets of water and its continuous relationship between the ocean, land and sky are told through the eyes of contemporary native Hawaiians. In this time, of global environmental issues regarding water stress, scarcity and land degradation these stories help us to remember universal lessons. Without them humankind is destined to make mistakes that are irreversible.
This performance is a special offering by the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center, and is not part of the regular season. The event will be open seating.
This performance is funded in part by the National Dance Project of the New England Foundation For the Arts. NDP is supported by lead funding from the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation, with additional funding fromt he Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the Community Connections Fund of the MetLife Foundation, and the Boeing Company Charitable Trust.
Special Restrictions: Tickets cost $25 General, $20 Discount, and $10 UH Students & Children 12 & Under, and are available online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu, or via the Box Office at 974-7310, which is open Tuesday - Friday, 9am-1pm on school days.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7310
What's also happening?
|Week of May 27, 2012||Next →|
Holiday observed: Memorial Day
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.